“A delightful oasis in Beverly Hills”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Washington, DC
“A delightful oasis in Beverly Hills”
Reviewed 4 September 2010

We only had one night, which was our biggest regret. Just a lovely property, cozy and comfortable rooms and bed, plenty of seating and relaxing space and a delightful pool. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
New York, NY
Reviewed 3 September 2010

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here. I would say it is better than the Beverly Wilshire or the Four Seasons. It's close to walk and shop, and everyone who works here is very kind and welcoming.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I stayed in Beverly Hills while attending the Emmy Awards. Could not get into 4 Seasons where my colleagues were staying and boy am I glad. Found L'Ermitage in search of something near by and it was a better choice. My room was large with a very comfortable bed thats near the floor, large bathroom, flat screen tv and work area. Service was understated but helpful and hotel itself quiet unlike the zoo that is the 4 Season. Rooms are nicer than 4 Seasons which feel like you are in a hotel - here I felt I was in a nice home. Rooftop pool is nice although a bit small and only one attendant was a small issue. Otherwise great

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Ramsey, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Traveling with teenagers is always a challenge - L'ermitage is very a very hip hotel with superior staff to take care of every need. We usually stay in Ritz Carldton's where there is much to do for children, but this boutique hotel is located in close distance to great food, shopping (Rodeo Dr) and entertainment. Upon check in the concierge was able to secure tickets to Lady Gaga with great seats for that evening, the next couple of days were filled with wonderful plans to see the area, Griffin Observatory in the evening, Getty museum during the day. Drew, director of food, made us a phenomenal picnic basket to attend the Hollywood Bowl performance (lobster salad in shell, wine, cheese, sent with china and crystal). Wonderful dinner reservations at the hot spots, beautiful rooftop pool, gym, spa. Just ask and you shall receive, they are on top of their guests every need. We cancelled our last night at Shutters in Santa Monica to return to L'ermitage before returning home. Again, upon arrival, within minutes of getting into our room, we were delivered sugar rimmed lemonades for all to enjoy. Breakfast is delightful, just can't say enough - definetly will return!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The staff is very friendly and professional, the rooms are large and comfortable, and the location is an easy walk to shopping and dining in BH. What more could you ask for?
Everyone from the valet guys, the doormen, the front office staff, the bar and restaurant staff, to Dana in concierge were great. Despite the luxurious surroundings, it isn't stuffy or pretentious. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
Dear frankovegas,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We will pass your compliments on to Dana and the rest of our staff. We look forward to your return visit.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I travel with some frequency, but mostly to the East Coast. This was my first time actually staying in Beverly Hills. I considered some of the companion hotels to the New York places I stay routinely, but decided to try something else. The hotel met and exceeded my expectations. The understated, quiet ambience was perfect for me. Rooms are large, bathrooms beautifully and spaciously designed, and there is an air of excellence throughout the facility. The staff was top-notch in every way and unusually accomodating.
Valet parking is indeed expensive- but the service was exemplary. My one meal in the restaurant (brunch) was excellent with the exception of the coffee, which was dreadful and not up to the quality of the establishment. (I am particular about coffee, I admit-- but this was below par for any place. The chef needs to rethink this one. And at $10 for a french press pot, rather expensive). Every staff member, including parking valet, greeted me by name, and concierge staff was pleasant, helpful and easy to deal with. The location is not trendy- perfect for me- but convenient to almost anything one would want to do. I took advantage of a special summer rate and received excellent value for the money. Given my experience, I would easily and enthusiastically stay here again and eagerly look forward to it. These people are serious and working hard- bravo!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 16 August 2010
Dear indypiano,

Thank you for choosing to stay at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, we really appreciate the feedback you have provided in your review. We pride ourselves on customer service and I will pass your compliments on to our staff. I apologize that the coffee served at brunch was not to your liking, we will review other brands as we make changes to the current menu. We look forward to your return trip to Beverly Hills.

naples,florida
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We chose L'Ermitage because we had stayed at a sister property (The Tides, South Beach) and loved it. Any concern that I may have had in L'Ermitage would match our experience at the Tides, disappeared when upon check-in, I met Melanie Ramsey, the Guest Relations Manager. She welcomed us with warmth and gave us instant assurance that she and her staff were committed to making our stay wonderful.

L'Ermitage is located centrally in Beverly Hills and even though the stores and several restaurants are in walking distance, the hotel offers a courtesy car service for it's guests. The rooms are luxurious, clean and spacious. The pool area on the rooftop is a great place to chill.

I was most impressed with the level of service we received from the food & beverage staff and the concierge staff. The hotel has a great outdoor chilling area where the service we received by our servers was outstanding. It is always refreshing, when there is a can-do attitude among staff and it seems to be a common thread throughout the hotel.

We had first-timers to Los Angeles in our party and Christine Grimm, Chef Concierge did an incredible job to helping us figure out best routes to maximize site-seeing, where to eat and arranging the specific transportation needs we had. It is by far been one of the best experiences I have had with the concierge staff at a hotel.

All that being said, there are lot of choices for hotels in any major city, but, if one is interested in a boutique hotel that pampers you with incredible service, L'Hermitage would be my recommendation.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Dear paradisio,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our property. Both Melanie and Christine appreciate your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Los Angeles. Please visit other Viceroy Hotels in your future travels to receive the same kind of personal service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!