“Understated Elegance”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel for four days and loved every minute of it. Every member of the staff was courteous and professional. My room was huge with a balcony and the amenities were commensurate with a five star rating including the bedding, television, lighting, seating area, bathtub, and Ipod clock radio. I only ate breakfast at in the hotel restaurant which was, like the hotel, elegant and expensive. There is a large quaint lobby bar which is conducive to informal meetings and just relaxing.
The location of the hotel also adds to its ambiance. It is walking distance to the center of Beverly Hills but out of the congestion. It is not right in the center of everything like the Beverly Wilshire which is across the street from Rodeo Drive.
The pool is not large but adequate and on the roof with a beautiful view of the area.
There is only valet parking which is $30.
Two of the best and complementary features of the hotel which I really appreciated was i) wifi in my room, and ii) use of the chauffeured hotel car (Mercedes) to places within 3 miles. In addition, time permitting, you can arrange to have the car pick you up and bring you back to the hotel which is a service the other 5 star hotels in the area do not provide.
The hotel is a gem and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a plush and posh hotel in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 January 2011

I wrestled hard whether or not to write this review and have even more people find out about this treasure tucked away in Beverly Hills. This is a true gem. I have yet to find an equal in all of North America (and I have stayed at plenty of Ritz Carltons, Four Seasons, you name it...).

This hotel combines European chic and design with Asian hospitality just perfectly. I cannot say enough about Christine the concierge, Gus and the rest of the front door team and so many more people behind the scenes who made it just a perfect stay. Attention to detail in the rooms was just the beginning - the same could be said for the service - words would do little justice to the experience - I hope you find out for yourself!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We just came back from a stellar stay at L'Ermitage , where even average Joes like ourselves can come away feeling like movie stars!

The staff are for the most part, wonderful -- from the pleasant and down-to-earth bell staff, to the front desk, to the great concierge staff. Christine, the concierge we met during the day, gets a special mention for her over-the-top service and considerate attitude. Overall, the staff are always concerned about our stay and how we're finding things -- it almost go to the point where it was a little bit too much, but maybe that's just us as we tend to be very independent and low-maintenance travellers.

The only sour note that was hit regarding service happened during my solo lunch at the hotel restaurant. I arrived in tidy t-shirt, nice jeans, and scarf for lunch while my husband was away. I was given a long look by the hostess on duty and was asked icily, "May I help you?" -- well, why would I be standing in your restaurant????? I informed her I was there for lunch. The "attitude" continued until I was asked for my room no. and name and then she was falling all over me when she realized I was a guest at the hotel. NOT appreciated. The rest of the wait staff were extremely nice and pleasant, now that's what I appreciated.

Enough about that. We were very kindly upgraded to a deluxe room and given the requested quiet room that overlooked the Hollywood Hills. The room is extremely spacious. It's splitting hairs, but I found the rooms a bit too blandly decorated. Bed was extremely comfy and we slept like babies. Loads of Neil George skin care products in the bathroom --I know the big reusable dispensers is a "green concept" but still like the small individual bottles as I do like having items that are only opened by me. Bars of Aveda soap were brought promptly when we asked, as sometimes, it's just nice to have a bar of soap v. liquid soap.

Room service breakfast was delicious and fast -- what we noticed is that room service items are the same price as in the restaurant which is a nice touch. There is a reasonable $2.50 delivery fee on top, which is worth it when you want to relax in your room for breakfast.

If you can get an off-season rate like we did, this hotel is a HUGE value at it's price point, and a good one even at high season. There is free wifi, a free business centre (with printer) and a house car that will take you to areas nearby. Though we like the Four Seasons for a 5-star, they almost never offer free internet. There are also iPads in the lobby by the concierge for use if the computer is being used by another guest. We did not get to use the gym or pool, but I'm sure they would meet the expectations of any discerning guest.

We usually stay in Santa Monica, but for the value and for the amenities, L'Ermitage is a better deal and more central, and our new hotel in the LA area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2011

This was my third time staying at L"Ermitage in Beverly Hills and once again this hotel continued to impress me.
I always thought of this hotel for special dates as it is incredibly private, sexy and romantic. This stay however I was riding solo.
I needed a little pampering while my house was being repaired so I thought why not take advantage of a hotel that was close by my place of business and get a little TLC.

The check in was efficient, and courteous. " Gus" was very attentive and whisked me from my car up to my fabulous upgraded room. There yummy fudge cookies and hot cider awaited my arrival...nice touch as I was thinking about ditching my workout anyway : )

I called up a friend and we decided to check out the lovely lounge and have a nibble. A wonderful singer was performing, Claude I believe her name was ..and the ambiance was incredibly elegant with a great crowd in attendance. Later that evening, I met the General Manager, Spencer, who was a doll and extended his card in case I needed anything at all.

After my three night stay I was feeling so at home that I wasn't even bothered that my house wasn't ready and I just booked three more nights. Well worth the splurge, L'Ermitage goes above and beyond in service and overall quality. They even remembered my favorite newspaper and skin care products from my prior stay which was over two years ago!

I can't say enough about this little gem of a hotel. ..just a beautiful experience in every regard.

Thank you again L" Ermitage!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2011

My wife & I were looking for a top class 5 star hotel in Beverley Hills and have to say that this Hotel was stunning!

We arrived from enjoying a 5 night stay at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, which is regarded as probably the top hotel on the strip. We had a suite at that hotel so our expectations were high. We were not disappointed! The Bellagio in Vegas whilst stunning was really just too big a hotel, swamped with residents as well as visitors just wanting to look around so it was so nice to go to a Boutique Hotel which offered 5 star accommodation and service but on a more personal level.

Friends had recommended the Four Seasons to us which is obviously a stunning hotel but we had heard that the rooms were small and quite basic, which led us to compare that hotel with others. The L’Ermitage came top of our list, being another 5 star hotel. We chose the Premium double room which was extremely spacious, situated on the top floor and with views of Beverley Hills/ Hollywood.

We appreciated:-

It felling very exclusive as it was not as big as the Four Seasons which was the only other hotel we were considering in the prime location of Beverley Hills. We appreciated it being a quieter hotel.

Its great location- walking distance to Rodeo Drive

The key access giving you exclusive entry to your floor only, so the lift would not let you off on any other level (other than the pool) thus giving extra peace of mind for security.

The free Wifi for the duration of our stay. The four Seasons charge for this.

A much larger room compared to the Four Seasons offered for more money.

It being very modern throughout including neutral decor, modern furniture, large plasma tv, a very powerful shower in addition to a deep bath.

The 1st rate service offered throughout our stay from house keeping, front desk, valet staff & concierge.

Complimentary use of the Hotel’s Navigator or S Class Mercedes (chauffeured)- nice touch

Spotless accommodation which my wife was particularly impressed with.

A competitive price versus other 5 star hotels including the Four Seasons.

In summary, we both agreed this hotel deserved 10 out of 10 for all on offer, exceeding our expectations. We would without hesitation go back to this hotel being out top choice for Beverley hills over the Four Seasons and other 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Went to LA for an overnight trip and thought we'd splurge a bit for a very nice hotel. Able to book the lowest category room through Expedia for a decent (though still pricey) rate.
Our room was lovely. It was large and the bathroom was large as well. Beautifully appointed with maple dividers, furniture and flooring.
The room was one of the quietest we had every stayed in.
Very comfortable bed and soft sheets.
Seamless check-in and bags brought in by staff separately.
The staff knew our names when we called the front desk.
The only quibble is the very high ($38) valet fee for parking our car overnight.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2010

L'Ermitage is a great option if you're looking for a luxury hotel without all the fuss. Unlike the larger luxury hotels in Beverly Hills like the Peninsula or the Four Seasons, there is no pretense here and you have privacy without sacrificing wonderful service. The hotel staff is inviting and attentive, without being intrusive, and the rooms are modern and luxurious. Its like a private hideaway with all the amenities of a high-profile resort, and with better service. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!