“Wanna-be hotel, really bad service, does NOT deserve to be on Rodeo Drive!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel

Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Zurich, Switzerland
“Wanna-be hotel, really bad service, does NOT deserve to be on Rodeo Drive!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was such a disappointment. Where should I start...

The rooms are tiny. You cannot even open the bathroom door without pushing it against the corridor walls. Also the bathroom was really small.

The worst part though is the service. So they don't have a breakfast buffet but only a breakfast restaurant, which I find a pity, but then they even vacuum-clean 45 minutes right next to the open space restaurant while we and other guests were having breakfast! This was very loud, disturbing and unpleasant. We could not even have a normal conversation.

It goes on with daily wake up calls which I haven't even ordered, the telephone seemed to have a software problem, but the front desk did not really seem to care about that. so I got daily wake up calls which I did not want.

Those are some examples of the very poor service quality of this hotel. The staff was unfriendly and careless, and I find this hotel way to expensive for the standard they are delivering.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Dani Z
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Dany_z_86,

Thank you very much for sharing your initial impressions about our hotel on this forum. I believe that we had personally met on the second day of your visit where we had a long personal conversation about your time with us.

Based on your verbal feedback to me on that very day, I may kindly express my slight surprise about reading this review. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly at the hotel at your convenience.

I certainly take our guests' concerns and feedback very serious and will personally follow through on every single point outlined.

I very much look forward hearing from you in due course.

Marcus Mueller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

What can I say, stayed here in January and I loved every minute. The staff was amazing before I even arrived. I had to cancel the first two nights due to snowstorms and being stuck in Toronto. They staff could not have been more sympathetic and helpful about that. The location is perfect, so much to do within walking distance. The room was so comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Mary M,

Thank you so very much for this wonderful review of our hotel. I am delighted to read how rounded your experience with us turned out to be, which is a compliment to all the employees that are working hard to ensure memorable moments for guests like you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions and please feel free to contact me anytime personally for questions or wishes.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

On a last minute whim to do something fun for valetines weekend I decided to stay at the Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive since I enjoyed my stay at the Luxe Hotel at City Center. Surprisingly it was a little over $200 a night. I expected it to be double the price since it was in a highly populated landmark. I booked it without hesitation. Fyi: valet parking only and was about $30. The valet parking and hotel lobby was at the back of the hotel and it was in a tiny alleyway that we couldn't find so we had to
circle around and last resort we called the hotel to guide us there. When we arrived the hotel seemed empty. It had a tiny lobby with plush couches and across the lobby was the hotel bar/luxe cafe. Upon check-in we received free drink vouchers for being hotel guests.The hotel had 4 levels and we were on the 3rd floor. The elevator had broken down and closed for repairs so we had to take the stairs. When we got to our room it was like a tiny closet. The bed was a queen and when I made reservations I made sure it was a king. I called the front desk to complain and they upgrated us to one of the biggest rooms. I don't think it was a suite but it was an acceptable- sized room with a few sitting chairs and wall to wall mirror. The bathroom was small and nothinh special about it. We had a display of chocolate covered strawberries on a plate to perhaps make up for
the inconvenience. After we settled in we went to the bar area to redeem our free drink voucher and waited for the bartender that seemed like forever until a patron told us that they did last call half hour ago. Wish we knew that when we sat down because the bar still had alot of patrons there. After that we basically called it a night. The beds were soft and comfy at least and woke up to Lamborghini racing down Rodeo. My boyfriend loved it. We had a nice view of the shops. Our hotel was next door to my favorite store Michael kors. Overall it was a decent stay at a grand location. Would I stay here again? Maybe. I think they need to make rooms a bit bigger they are too small for the price plus valet. I think we got lucky with price and room upgrade but don't think its worth the price for a tiny room even though its on Rodeo.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Lisajoyce2020,

It is a great pleasure to see how much time you have taken to write about our hotel in such detail and I appreciate your feedback.

Whilst our building is a historic and we can only do amendments to a certain extent, we are very committed to compensate with personalized service expectations we create for our guests. It is our utmost commitment to our guests staying with us. There are various different room categories and also sizes, which I would like to show you personally upon your next stay. I am sure there is the perfect solution which will enable you to have nothing but wonderful memories of your time with us.

Please contact me personally upon your next trip to Beverly Hills and I will be delighted to assist you with your stay. I look forward hearing from you.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Service was exemplary and very professional! Oscar, the valet was beyond gracious and was more than willing to point us in the direction of a great restaurant for dinner; which he made the reservations for! Excellent staff and service. Unfortunately our room view was less than desirable but our bed was amazing and comfortable and the room was tastefully stylish fitting all of our needs!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank johnsharpe1970
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear johnsharpe1970,

Thank you very much for the review you have left on our page in relation to your recent stay with us. It is our strong commitment to excellence to ensure every guest experiences a memorable time in our hotel. Due to the historic nature our infrastructure is something we are unable to influence a lot where we strongly drive on the compensation through impeccable service and also a clean and welcoming atmosphere. Among many stars within our team, Oscar surely stands out to be one of them and he is proud to be mentioned on this forum.

We look forward to welcoming back on many future occasions.

Terrigal, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Love this hotel and this was my second time staying here. I was on a girls trip and we were here for three nights. Perfect!! Great location on Rodeo Drive. Staff lovely and the food (and cocktails) were amazing!! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Lisa M,

Thank you so very much for your comment about your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read about your experience with us during your girls weekend and I am glad we were able to contribute to a lot of positive memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions and please do not hesitate to contact me personally anytime for questions or wishes.

Warmest Regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have not yet stayed at the hotel but am booked to stay with my husband and parents to celebrate my 30th birthday in October of this year. I had to leave a review of the customer service to date though. Staff have been fantastic in answering my queries regarding the hotel, facilities and local area. Nothing has been a bother for them!

Very excited to stay here in October... they say first impressions count and from the customer service we have received to date it suggests it will be an amazing 30th birthday celebration! I can't wait!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Scotrocker,

I am delighted to read how we have been able to impress you even before you are going to stay with us. The impression surely begins within the first moment one gets in touch with the hotel and not when the guests physically arrive. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel and spoil you during your time with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you have any questions or wishes in the meantime.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel for the Memorial Day weekend. Perfect location for women with one thing on their mind...shopping!! The hotel is conveniently located right in the middle of Rodeo Drive, very safe, friendly courteous staff especially the valet service. Local area malls are in close proximity. The room was clean, very comfortable and very quiet. What could be a better way to end a hard days shopping? Sipping wine at their outside cafe area watching other people shop.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mary L,

It is a pleasure that our hotel could extend you all you needed what the shops on Rodeo Drive do not offer. We are indeed nestled into the middle of the most renowned shopping street in Beverly Hills and like to provide an oasis of relaxation to our guests whilst having all the energetic flow around us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions!