“Love the evolution of the BV Hotel”

The Beverly Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
“Love the evolution of the BV Hotel”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

A wonderful stay. Here's the rundown:

* Stayed in a bungalow King. Now, this isn't the whole bungalow, just a King room that has been locked off from the rest of bungalow. We stayed in bungalow 24, room "C." Still, very expansive and secluded as a standalone room. Bungalow 24 is one of the two newer "Presidential" bungalows. Perfection. The decor and ambiance is very much in line with the recently renovated lobby. A very consistent Dorchester experience while honoring the heritage of the property. Don't worry loyalists. The signature pink and green and banana leaf patterns are used in just the right places with the freshening up. Walked the grounds and saw other bungalow rooms. They were nice, but they have not been renovated and they were not the same look or feel as lobby or room I stayed in. They'll get there from what I understand is a two-year project without disturbing operations or the guest experience.

* I read one or two online reviews about housekeeping coming into guest rooms at inappropriate times. I have to say, housekeeping and in-room dining were fanatical about respecting privacy during my stay to the point that one nightly turndown was missed only because I accidentally left the "Do Not Disturb" button on. In-room dining always asked if it was okay to come into room even after I had opened the door.

* One minor irritant. After long flight from east coast and arriving after 9 p.m. to the hotel on a Saturday night, I wanted to just relax in the room that evening with room service. The thump-thump of live music from the hotel's bar/lounge Nineteen 12 (which is a GREAT room and spot for an evening drink) could be heard into the night even after lights out for me. It was only on the Saturday night that could be heard. All other evenings it was as quiet as could be.

Overall, great service, incredible location. I'll be back. Worth the splurge.

1 Thank Patrick O
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Dear Patrick O,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the design of the new Presidential Bungalows and the service provided to you. I am sorry that you were not able to relax the night of your arrival. The music you heard was from a wedding that was taking place at the hotel. I do apologize for any frustration this brought you.

We are looking forward to your return and hope it will be soon!

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Aston
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I travel extensively and stay at 5 star hotels in the states and abroad, we believe that the rating should be 5 star plus and than plus again, our experience here at The Beverly Hills Hotel was nothing short of spectacular. From the valets to the room service waiters to the front desk all were outstanding, especially Christine at the front desk, and our wonderful waiter of all time and places Eugene. We thank him for exceptional courtesies and the birthday dessert he graciously served to my wife. We also like to thank the Hotel for the wonderful birthday cake sent to our room as well as the fresh fruit. To all thank you for making our trip to California for my wife's birthday so special. Also to the Staff at the Polo Lounge thank you for making my wife's birthday dinner on Tuesday October 9 2012 so memorable. We will return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd. Floor appear to be quieter, but found hotel to be quiet as well.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Tony P ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am thrilled to hear your experience with us was “nothing short of spectacular!” I will pass along your note to Christine and Eugene, they will be happy to hear they made a difference in your stay. I am glad you chose the “Pink Palace” to celebrate your wife’s special day, and I am pleased we were able to make it special for her.

We are glad you will be back to visit us, we hope it is sooner rather than later!

n. providence, ri
Reviewed 19 October 2012

"The Pink Palace" has been on my bucket list for 25 years. I have finally arrived. I shared a king room with my daughter (overlooking the beautiful pool), and we had a fantastic vacation! It was fun, entertaining, happy, unique- almost magical! The service provided by every single member of the staff was pristine. My experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel far surpassed my decades of expectation and I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear susanN_Providence_Ri,

I was so pleased to read your review about your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. After 25 years, I am thrilled you finally made it to the Pink Palace, we were waiting for you! I will share your comments with our staff, they will be happy to hear they were a part of making your stay memorable.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My wife and I have just made our annual visit to the hotel. Staff and service as great as ever, especially concierge Abbas who once again handled all our restaurant reservations superbly. The bungalows look fresh and they were able, again, to ensure that we had our favourite bungalow. Does not get any better.

Looking forward to the return visit.

Room Tip: If you can stretch to it, book one of the bungalows in the garden.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear 5StarHongKong,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. As always, it was a pleasure having you stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Abbas will be pleased to know he made a difference in your stay and we look forward to your return visit! We will do our best to make sure your favorite bungalow is available.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was celebrating a promotion at work and chose to stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel! I was fortunate for the Landmark Promotion which allowed one day to be at no charge.

My interaction with Ms. Allison Anesta was superior as she sent me an email prior to my visit. Also, after I checked in, she sent me a bottle of beautiful French Champagne plus a great Welcome Card as well. This made me like a special guest!

There were also three beautiful California peaches arranged on a plate.

I found the hotel so beautiful especially the area near the pool area! The lobby was elegant with amazing decor.

Jose was great in bringing my bags to my room. Very efficient and kind.

My breakfast the next morning was at the fabulous, famous Polo Lounge. Eugene was my waiter and he was exceptional. A great employee! Wonderful food and great atmosphere.

The following two mornings, I chose to eat breakfast at the Fountain Coffee Room. The food was amazing and it was a fun place to eat, very retro! The service staff were the best!!!

Jerry was superb, kind, friendly and the best! Denise was wonderful and so kind. Joseph was super!

The food and service made me wish I could eat breakfast there every day!!!

Chad helped to load my luggage upon checkout.

So a great big THANK YOU to: Ms. Anesta, Jose, Eugene, Jerry, Denise, Joseph and Chad!

I will return soon to the Pink Palace!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear Leigherton,

Congratulations on your promotion! Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hills Hotel to celebrate this special occasion. I am pleased to hear you found the hotel beautiful and the service provided to you was exceptional. I will pass along your note to Ms. Anesta, Jose, Eugene, Jerry, Denise Josepha, and Chad, they will be happy to see they made a difference in your stay.

We are looking forward to your return!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Possible the best vacation ever at the old pink lady. Stayed at BH hotel for 8 days. Had a grand room on the first level with a small private patio. The room had all facilities required. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job. Very friendly and efficient as well as discrete staff. Had breakfast at the hotel every morning which was a great start for the day. Wifi and breakfast not included in the room charge. Used valet parking the entire week. I simply loved the valet parking and the efficiency of the staff handling my car. The BH hotel is celebrating 100 years anniversary in 2012 so it is a good year to visit to participate in the celebration. My wife had birthday during our stay so on the day or her birthday the BH hotel surprised us with a complimentary birthday cake. This was not expected so my wife and I was really surprised. Thank you so much BH Hotel for giving us a wonderful time at this lovely hotel. And yes, we spoke with two movie stars at breakfast during our stay. We did not approach them, they contacted us asking questions about our home country and daily talk. You never know who you will meet during your stay. But please remember that there is a no photo policy within the premises of the hotel. You should respect that.

Room Tip: First floor with private patio or a bungalow if money is not an issue.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear Runar P,

Thank you for reviewing The Beverly Hills Hotel on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear you had such a wonderful stay at the “old pink lady!” Thank you for helping us celebrate our 100th year anniversary, we truly appreciate your support. I am glad we were able to make your wife’s birthday extra special.

Thank you for staying with us and please come back and visit us again!

NY
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Nirvana. Bliss. The staff only say yes, never say No. they find a way to make things happen and please the guests. Courtesy vehicles, birthday goodie, stowing suitcases for regulars, finding last-minute spa technicians - they did it all. The landscaping oozes "southern California". and the food is delicious.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear BlueNassau,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It’s great to hear you were pampered and impressed by our five star staff. We hope to see you back at the “Pink Palace!”

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Westside
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!