A wonderful stay. Here's the rundown:
* Stayed in a bungalow King. Now, this isn't the whole bungalow, just a King room that has been locked off from the rest of bungalow. We stayed in bungalow 24, room "C." Still, very expansive and secluded as a standalone room. Bungalow 24 is one of the two newer "Presidential" bungalows. Perfection. The decor and ambiance is very much in line with the recently renovated lobby. A very consistent Dorchester experience while honoring the heritage of the property. Don't worry loyalists. The signature pink and green and banana leaf patterns are used in just the right places with the freshening up. Walked the grounds and saw other bungalow rooms. They were nice, but they have not been renovated and they were not the same look or feel as lobby or room I stayed in. They'll get there from what I understand is a two-year project without disturbing operations or the guest experience.
* I read one or two online reviews about housekeeping coming into guest rooms at inappropriate times. I have to say, housekeeping and in-room dining were fanatical about respecting privacy during my stay to the point that one nightly turndown was missed only because I accidentally left the "Do Not Disturb" button on. In-room dining always asked if it was okay to come into room even after I had opened the door.
* One minor irritant. After long flight from east coast and arriving after 9 p.m. to the hotel on a Saturday night, I wanted to just relax in the room that evening with room service. The thump-thump of live music from the hotel's bar/lounge Nineteen 12 (which is a GREAT room and spot for an evening drink) could be heard into the night even after lights out for me. It was only on the Saturday night that could be heard. All other evenings it was as quiet as could be.
Overall, great service, incredible location. I'll be back. Worth the splurge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beverly Hills Hotel is a luxury, five-star hotel, located on Sunset Boulevard in the center of Beverly Hills and surrounded by 12 acres of lush, tropical gardens, exotic flowers, and private walkways. Providing privacy and tranquility in a truly residential setting, The Beverly Hills Hotel is within easy access to the business and entertainment centers of Los Angeles, Century City, Rodeo Drive, and many of the Hollywood studios. The hotel is just a 35-minute drive from Los Angeles International Airport. Referred to locally as "The Pink Palace" The Beverly Hills Hotel is a place to see and be seen, to catch glimpses of famous faces, or to revel in splendid luxury. What makes The Beverly Hills Hotel stand out is its superlative combination of service, a location that offers guests privacy, yet in the heart of a city, and a refreshed facility that, while faithful to the hotel's architectural and interior design traditions, is more dramatically beautiful than ever. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Beverly Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Hotel
- The Beverly Hills