“Not as fancy as you would think.”

The Beverly Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 8 August 2013

It is like any other Hilton. Nothing special!. My husband and I thought it might be a little more grand because it is located in Beverly Hills. This is not the case. Don't get me wrong it is still very nice hotel. The "Bell Hops" are very good. You get your car in minutes after calling with two bottles of water. The concierges are very helpful. My daughter and wanted to drive to Disneyland while my son and husband went to a Doggers game and they helped us with directions etc. The room was clean. The bathroom was large with lots of towels. The pool had good service. They find you chairs and give you towels. We could walk to Rodeo Drive and the shopping. They have car service for you if you would like a ride instead.

Room Tip: Our room looked out at the roof facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear 117brinkley,

Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hills Hotel for your recent visit to Los Angeles. It is good to know that you found our service helpful, efficient and our guestrooms clean and spacious. However, it does sadden me to hear that you did not find the hotel to be "special," especially considering our legendary history and storied heritage. I would love the opportunity to hear more detailed feedback from you about your experience so I can get a better sense of why you felt the way you did as a guest with us. Please do feel free to contact me directly if you are interested in doing so. Until then, I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the "Pink Palace," a second home for Hollywood royalty and movie entertainment icons for over 100 years.

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed 3 nights as a part of our road trip to LA. Top notch service! They can pretty much do anything for you so don't afraid to ask. Clean, pretty with a great location.
We will defiantly be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirk-Amie1010
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Kirk-Amie1010,

It was a pleasure welcoming you to The Beverly Hills Hotel on your recent road trip to Los Angeles. It is wonderful to hear how impressed you were with the service provided to you and that you will be back to visit us…hopefully it will be soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at The Beverly Hills Hotel over the weekend of 2/4th August. From the moment we stepped through the immaculate doors we felt so special. What a priviledge to stay at the Pink Palace! This was the last stop on a two week holiday to california that encompassed Sequoia and Yosemite, Monterey, Carmel and Santa Barbara, all beautiful in their own way but our time in Beverly Hills was absolutely magical. The first amazing surprise was an upgrade to a Bungalow suite, what luxury!! A beautiful sitting room, bedroom and bathroom that was big enough to hold a party in. Every staff member we dealt with was so helpful and friendly from check in, concierge, to staff in the Fountain Cafe, at the magnificant pool area and the Polo Lounge (special mention for Anna!). Our weekend coincided with a host of celebrities making an appearance - Real Madrid were staying at the hotel.Unfortunately I am not a football fan so it went over my head a littel but my husband was thrilled to bits to see the stars!!. They were friendly but everyone was so discreet and not at all pushy.At brunch on Sunday morning we were treated to the most fabulous food, ambiance and service and were again thrilled to be sitting so near to an iconic film star of the 70s and 80s and his most beautiful actress wife. All in all a truly special weekend. We saved hard for this trip and though the time at the Bevely Hills hotel was expensive - it was so so worth it in every respect.Thank You very much!!

One thing worth mentioning, we booked a tour with Starline Tours and we duly waited in the lobby for 20 minutes to be picked up as instructed. Then a message came through from the concierge that Starline Tours had waited for us for 20 minutes as as we had not showed up, they had gone!!! They were waiting for us on the roadside!!!! The booking agent, whom I rang to confirm told us nothing about waiting on the road , so please do not get caught out like this. Needless to say the hotel did everything they could to help and we picked up the tour downtown, thanks again to the concierge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DJGWalesUK,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It is always our goal to make our guests feel special, from the moment they step out of their car and arrive at our red carpet, and I am thrilled that we were able to do just this. I am happy to hear you were able to catch a glimpse of some celebrities during your time at the hotel - it's always fun, and it makes for great story telling when you return home. You truly never know who you may run into at the Pink Palace. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with Starline Tours, but it's great to know that our team members were able to help rectify the situation.

Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I had not been back to the BHH in 10 years and as I pulled up in my rented KIA the star treatment began immediately with the valet. Although I was a little embarrassed that KIA was not on the valet ticket list, as it is close to Lamborghini in the alphabet, the valet just wrote it in and said Welcome with a big smile. Check in was so quick and easy and then we were shown to our room. Once inside the room there was a birthday cake awaiting my niece for her 21st birthday. It was delicious and made her feel very special. All I could say to her was, "see why this is my favorite place on earth? Welcome to The Beverly Hills Hotel....!" Did I say how much I love this place? The security guard informed us he was also our security for the week. Love him! Also, we used the car service to go to Spagos . Jack was the BEST. We loved him! He was a pleasure ! Very punctual and personable. Next time around I would probably not rent a car and just have Jack drive us wherever we want to go. We enjoyed Bar 1912 and also eating in the Polo Lounge. One of my favorite treats was when I went into The Fountain Coffee shop and saw that Ruthie was still working there. She is wonderful! When it was time to leave for our roadtrip to Napa, she gave us a big hug and sent us on our way with chocolate chip cookies. I did not want to leave the BHH, I felt like I was leaving family behind. I have been alot of places and I must say that if given a chance to go anywhere, I believe I would always pick " The Pink Palace." I do feel bad for my niece though. We do alot of roadtrips and have to stop to sleep in some strange places, how will she ever sleep in Motel 6 again.....? Thank you for a wonderful stay ! Will start saving and be back soon.

Room Tip: I have been to the BHH approximately 5 times. Always chose the less expensive rooms and have always...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michele T
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Michele T,

It was truly wonderful welcoming you back to the Pink Palace after 10 long years! Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your niece’s 21st birthday, I am glad our staff was able to make her birthday extra special. Ruth will be overjoyed to hear how much you enjoyed her company in the Fountain Coffee Shop, she is a true celebrity here…everybody loves her!

What a compliment to be your favorite place in the world, I wish you could see the huge smile on my face right now! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed about eight years ago at your wonderful hotel.
We plan on staying again at your hotel next year my daughter just turned 21 so this is a surprise trip for her and I am sure she will love your hotel just as I do. When I told her we were going to be staying at your beautiful hotel she just got so excited. The staff was extremely nice to her when she was younger they always provided something special for her at the restaurant which I appreciated. My favorite restaurant is the Polo lounge we always eat there we eaten outside and inside we just love the ambience.!
I especially like the dress code because I do like to dress up for dinner and I've taught my daughter to do so as well.
Cannot wait to finalize the dates next year but we will be calling for reservations hopefully soon.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank ojtopntai
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear ojtopntai,

We are very excited to welcome you and your family back to The Beverly Hills Hotel, and thank you for choosing to celebrate such a significant milestone with us. Turning 21 is a very big deal, and it's wonderful to know that your daughter is looking forward to her upcoming visit. Please do be sure to mention it is your daughters 21st birthday when you make your reservation and we will make sure to add a special touch to her big day. See you soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Having passed up on the BHH for budget reasons at our previous trip (in 1993), this time we stayed for three nights. Must admit we had expected both guests and staff to be a tad snotty. To our very pleasant surprise, we met friendliness and excellent service everywhere. Ate at the Polo Lounge twice (not gourmet, but very pleasant and cozy meals), used the pool area extensively, visited the bar, took advantage of the gym; great ambiance everywhere. Truly an oasis in a busy, gruelling city. And what a contrast to The Bellagio in Vegas, which was our next destination.

Only regret is that we did not visit the sister hotel in Bel-Air.

Don't know whether it will take another 20 years before we are back to LA, but at least we know where to stay now.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janken63

Dear Janken63,

I am grateful you decided to stay at The Beverly Hills hotel on your recent trip to Los Angeles. It is great to hear you were impressed with the service provided to you and enjoyed all of the hotels dining outlets. And next time you return, you can visit Hotel Bel-Air. Also know that as a guest of either hotel, you can use your package spend credits at the "other" hotel. Signing privileges are also extended between both hotels. So for sure, you'll want to experience both Dorchester Collection hotels in LA on your next visit... which hopefully won't be another 20 years!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I visited the Pink Palace for 8 nights in June from London. This was my 3rd visit to the hotel and it was by far the best yet. Last year I only visited for 3 nights, having spent most of my time at it's Sister, the Hotel Bel-Air. As much as I loved the Bel-Air, I missed the BHH far too much! There's not too much for me to say in this review as words can't really describe the experience of staying here - it's something you just have to do without question. I would however like to make a few points for the Hotel's attention…

We ate twice at The Polo Lounge for Dinner – this will always be my favourite restaurant in LA. I do like to dress up when going out for a meal and I understand that California is generally very casual, but sometimes far too casual. I was very disappointed to see a man allowed into the Polo lounge on his own for dinner at 8.00pm, wearing a t-shirt, shorts and trainers. He was even seated in the main part of the restaurant on the table behind us. The restaurant needs to be careful because if the dress code becomes too relaxed, this place will gradually lose it’s class and I’m sure the Hotel doesn’t want that to happen. Aside from this, the food and service was outstanding as usual.

I have to give Jack, the Hotel courtesy car driver a special mention. He was the star out of all the staff we came across in our 8 days at the Hotel. Smart, genuinely friendly, and completely professional at all times. We made use of the courtesy car on numerous occasions and the man went above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable and gave us some fantastic tips on places to go.

I must congratulate Mr Mady and his team on what they continue to achieve here. I had conversations with many of the staff and it was apparent from many that their Boss is a big part of why they love working at the BHH. This comes across in all of their personalities and having worked in a 5-star Hotel before, I know how key the man at the top is, because it reflects and echoes throughout the whole of a Hotel, especially when you have staff that have been working there for decades.

Jeffrey Katzenberg once described the BHH as being the centre of the Universe. Stay here and you'll really understand that. Thank you to everyone at the BHH. You all went above and beyond as usual without any exceptions. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Londonboy87
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Londonboy87,

It was a pleasure welcoming you back to The Beverly Hills Hotel for your third visit, I am happy to hear it was your best visit yet.

Thank you for providing feedback regarding the dress code at The Polo Lounge. The dress code is business casual and I am concerned to hear that we were not sticking to the dress code during your recent visit. I will follow up on this with the team and make sure it does not happen again.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I have to say that I have the best team in the world working at the Pink Palace, and they put a huge smile on my face every morning when I walk through the door.

I am pleased we exceeded your expectations, that is always our number one goal. We very much look forward to your return! See you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Westside
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!