“Oh So Hollywood”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 15 March 2011

The Beverly Hilton is "oh -so-Hollywood"!! This Hilton branded property is home to many annual red-carpet events (Golden Globes) and the set of as many movies and tv series. The opulence of this hotel greets you as soon as the sliding doors open. The tailored front desk staff are friendly, quick and efficient.

Spending a little time in Beverly Hills? The Beverly Hilton is the ideal location. Smartly situated at the intersection of world-famous Santa Monica and Wilshire Boulevards and a mere three blocks from Rodeo Drive, The Beverly Hilton is just minutes from Hollywood, downtown and the beaches.

Confession: My favorite part of the hotel is the bed. I know, I know...with such a historic landmark and elegance all around, how does bed find its place in this post?? Ladies and gentlemen, the beds at the Beverly Hilton are pure luxury. After my first night and a very restful sleep, I openly professed my love for that bed and wanted to know who manufactured such slumber deliciousness. I jumped up and pulled back the fitted sheets and looked for a label. Aha..."Sealy's The Beverly Hilton Plush...Made Expressly for The Beverly Hilton". How super chic??? They have pillow-top mattress made just for hotel. Love and got to have it!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Beverly Hilton

We stayed 6 nights,
Definitely over priced. Nothing that special!
I guess you pay for the name.
The staff are excellent.

If you're wanting a place thats safe then def good for that.
L.A in general is rubbish.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in mid-February. I chose it for the location & thought the Hilton name would guarantee a certain level of quality. We had a standard room with 2 beds. The beds were exceptionally comfortable & we slept very well. The common areas were fading- some peeling paint etc. We did not eat at the restaurant. We got coffee at the lobby bar in the morning & that staff was pleasant enough but no one else ever seemed to go out of their way.
Then- on day #2, we returned in the evening to find the rug wet! We used all our towels & lined the rug.
I called housekeeping- on hold- no answer, so I went to the front desk on our way out to dinner. We were offered a change of room, but we declined- we were leaving for dinner & were checking out the next day. I asked for more towels & slippers. Returned 2 hours later- nothing. Called down to desk-went thru whole explanation again to new person. Waited 2 more hours- nothing. Called again - had to explain all over again to very annoyed woman & finally got new towels at 11:30 pm. I went to the manager the next morning & he did take one night's charge off the bill, but it was a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We have stayed at this hotel for many years. The staff is always top notch. Upon checking in we asked for a room overlooking the pool. We were told there were none available. (We are Hilton Gold Members). So we went to our room which we realized was over the garbage area. And although we were high up the smells and noise were not conducive to a nice stay. We also found out that the hotel was not full. We moved the next day--not exactly overlooking the pool but closer.
We receive coupons for a continental breakfast, which normally costs $21.50. The full breakfast is $30. If I were actually paying $21.50 I would blow my stack. So not worth it. Everytime we come here we notice that the breafast gets skimpier. The best thing about eating at this location is the lovely staff who try very hard to please. One day my spouse ordered off of the menu, which is allowed. He had pancakes and I swear they were microwaved! Give me a Cracker Bareel pancake anytime.
For us, the location is essential so we will be back. It is a lovely property and it just needs to give the customer some more bang for the buck.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSSMetroD.C.
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I cashed in points while a friend visited who had never been to LA. Without points, the asking rate was $500/night. I had a room overlooking the pool which is considered the upgraded room due to HH status. There is no amenity here, although the front desk clerk (male, shaved head) said the hotel gives 1,000 HH points to people redeeming awrds (not true after a week, no points). The place is fine, well maintained for an aging beauty. The BH area is very competitive these days, so I would shop around when comparing rates. I wouldn't pay more than $250 a night for a property of this standard.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I thought this hotel was beautiful. We did manage to get a really good deal last minute by walking in and asking for a good rate, so that helps! We had 2 x newly renovated bedrooms, interconnecting. Pool area was very nice and the Trader Vics restaurant was really good fun, took the children on my own for dinner and they loved it, then one night after a long day I popped in for sushi which was delicious! Breakfast was great but pretty expensive and the facial at the spa one of the best I've ever had.

I think if you get a good deal online or last minute - this is a fantastic option. The reason we ended up there is because I'd booked Loews in Santa Monica and it was awful

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ExcursionHero
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Stayed here for 7 days it’s a good hotel but service has something to be desired. We stayed in a suite which was very modern and clean. The breakfast was not good so stopped having it after the second day. There is a starbucks less than five minutes away so go there. The pool was nice and in general a good area its 10 minutes walk from Rodeo drive. We had a car though as wanted to travel around $50 a day valet parking.
Will stay here again just because of the rooms and close proximity to restaurants etc. Beware of looking over the pool as music is very loud over the weekend had to be moved on more than one occasion.
Not great and not bad..

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#13 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!