“Make sure you stay in the new part of the hotel!”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Make sure you stay in the new part of the hotel!”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Firstly when booking this hotel there are 2 parts! The main part and the oasis rooms! Our travel agent booked us into the oasis section! This is not up to standard!!!! After arriving at the hotel (7 hours travel from the amazing Loews in Miami) we were greeted by some rather stern faced reception staff. Check in was easy. No bell man to take our bags to the room however! We asked where we could get a drink as it was late. We were told to go to the local gas station! Even tho the hotel has room service and a bar!!!!! No one showed us round or told us of the hotels facilities! The room was dreary, dirty and the bathroom was awful. Cue an upgrade the following morning to an amazing room in the main tower of the hotel. The bell man this time was charming and gave us some tips on places to eat (the nosh for breakfast is awesome!). The pool area is great although small. Restaurant is lovely. Hotel had a car to drive us to nearby places. Defo go to Westfield to shop and try rock sugar for dinner! The hotel gets really busy with functions which can be disruptive! The pool was closed one day due to a private party! All in all I wouldn't stay here again :-(

• Stayed September 2011
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. The appropriate departments have been made aware of your experience and all necessary actions will be taken to make sure this does not happen again. We hope you will come back to visit us soon.

Happy Holidays,

-The Beverly Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Just got back from a girls trip to LA. I selected the Hilton because I am a Honors member as well as the Hilton name usually represents luxury. This hotel, unfortunately, is outdated and lacking the modern designs and look of the new trendy hotels. The room was less than nice and the toilet ran all night long. The TV controller barely worked. The walls have alot of paint coming off and the towels had what appear to be makeup stains on it. I would not stay here again. Location is not as good as other places! It is quite a walk to Rodeo and of course, we had to drive to the tourist attractions near the Hollywood walk of stars, etc. I would stay closer to Hollywood and Highland next trip. Disappointed in HIlton for not updating and ensuring the rooms are well kept and noise free for their guest.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for updated room, if they have any.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank budrow02
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We arrived at the hotel very late, just before midnight on a Friday. Our flight from San Francisco was 4 hrs delayed which we informed the hotel about. We requested a room on a high floor in the tower overlooking the city but got a room one floor above the reception area which was going to be noisy. Also, the room wasn't fully serviced so we requested for another room. We had to go back downstairs to retrieve the keys. The new room was much on the 7th floor with a much nicer view.
Housekeeping is very noisy in the mornings. We had to use earplugs to sleep on both the nights.
The hotel is very big with no personalized service. On checkout, the porter was more concerned with chatting to concierge than helping with our bags.
The location is great and easy walking distant to Rodeo Drive and a short taxi ride to other areas. Bus services are also very good.
It was a special birthday weekend which was on the booking info. The receptionist asked if It was really my birthday so showed him my ID to prove that it was!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high level floor with a view in the Wiltshire tower. I recommend booking directly with the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed at the Beverly Hilton for 5 days on business and it definitely ranks in my top 5 favorite hotels ever. The only word to describe it is glamourous - everything from the lobby to the rooms to the Trader Vic's restaurant inside the hotel. You feel like you've stepped back in time to 1950's Hollywood as soon as you walk in the door, and the guest rooms and the hallways on each floor give you the same feeling. However, it's amazingly modern and up-to-date at the same time with beautifully designed bathrooms with long mirrors and glass showers. I was attending meetings at the hotel and the food served for our lunches each day were fantastic and we ate out on the veranda in a beautiful setting. One evening, George Clooney, Glenn Close, Emma Stone and others were in our lobby for an awards show being held in one of the hotel's ballrooms -- that was definitely a highlight. I would love to stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone vacationing or traveling on business in Los Angeles.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Nice facility. Very clean quiet and restfull but if you are traveling on business this os not the place to stay. Service is pleasant but slow, let me say it again, SLOW!

• Stayed November 2011
Park City, Utah
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I have stayed in several LA area hotels, and I absolutely loved this hotel. I am a Hilton honors member, so I do try to stay in Hiltons whenever possible. When I lived in LA years ago, I used to go to Trader Vic's Lounge at the Beverly Hilton with my friends, but this was the first time that I had stayed at the hotel as a guest. I had a king sized bed room on the 4th floor, and it was beautiful. The bathroom was clean and very spacious and modern. The bed was super comfortable and the room overall was beautifully decorated. As a Hilton Honors member, I was able to get free internet access while at the hotel, as well. My room was set way back off of the main street - Wilshire, so it was very quiet, too. I did not hear any traffic noise at all, and I had a great night's sleep. The hotel is conveniently located at the interstction of Santa Monica and Wilshire, so it is very easy to get to most places in LA - especially Beverly Hills and Century City. The only downside was the $36 parking fee...but then again, parking is expensive all over LA. This hotel also has a beautiful pool, and I enjoyed eating breakfast poolside. At night, the lounge/bar area opens up by the pool, which seems to be a trend with most West Caost hotels. I would gladly stay here again. It's a great hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Great to hear you enjoyed our property and your benefits as a Hilton Honors member. Our location is quite convenient to everything, and don't forget complimentary transportation available to the Golden Triangle in Beverly Hills! Hope to welcome you back soon!

São Paulo
Reviewed 15 November 2011

In a 3 nights stay they shot 2 different movies in the hotel – that is a magnificent experience to have in LA! On the first morning I left my room and walked to the breakfast area, by the pool. As I entered the lobby area something was different from the last night: people were walking around dressed like 1960’s and the cars outside were all from another era. For some minutes I could believe the hotel had taken thru time. The architecture and decoration carries and maintain the old glamour that gave fame to this hotel – there was no reason for thinking I was wrong about the time travel. Minutes later found the cameras and the crew: I was inside the set. Probably it happens frequently, on the next day the pool was the movie set.
The room has the same charm as the other areas, with comfortable bed, linens and pillows and a large and clean bathroom with a great bathtub, fine towels and cosmetics. Pictures of movie stars in the hall increases that glamour.
All the staff is attentive and friendly with a very appropriate posture, making the hotel even more elegant. Breakfast room is beside the pool and most people – hip, dressed to be seeing - prefer to seat outside. The food is very honest, with some surprises as some delicious apple crêpes.
Parking is extremely expensive – almost 40usd per night, but it is very convenient as we can self-park (faster way to pick up) in the garage building next to the main entrance or we can leave with the valet (very easy to leave but takes time to pick up), paying the same rate.
And the location, is great, is the corner of Beverly Hills, but to access main attractions a car is indispensable – or time for walk. Rodeo Drive and surroundings takes no more than 5 minutes driving but Hollywood or Santa Monica are almost half an hour far from the hotel with normal traffic.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Renato N
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Thank you for sharing! Yes there is always something going on at our hotel and we love our guests to have a front row, red carpet experience. See you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!