“Seriously Disappointed”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I had really expected more from a hotel with this reputation and located in this zip code.
While not a lavish decor (which I expected) it is fairly well maintained, aside from the dead cockroach I discovered in the stairway.
The main downfall of this property is the service.
On arrival, the valet jumped on us to park the car, but did not linger while we unpacked it (ourselves) and then could not be found when we needed them.
After 24 hours here, I have yet to see a bell service attendant. I fist discovered this while waiting nearly 30 minutes for someone to help me with bags on the curb at arrival. I ended up loading a cart myself and pushing it to my room.
Check in seemed to be an annoyance to the guest services desk.
I was asked if I'd like a complimentary USA today outside my door in the morning. As far as I can tell, there are no papers outside the doors of any guests on my entire floor.
I don't mind the lack of a paper. But if you aren't going to deliver it... don't ask if I'd like one.
The lobby bar is a joke. Service is slow, when you can find a person there at all.

I hate to rant like this. But I have only been here one day, and have six more booked.
I just hope it gets better.

Room Tip: Get a high room. The parties in the ballroom on the main floor can be very noisy to guests on the se...
4  Thank ewORD
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry your experience is less than expected. We would like to rectify this as soon as possible. I have sent you a private message with my contact information.

-The Beverly Hilton

Write a ReviewReviews (3,826)

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Great location. Few minutes walk to Rodeo Drive and restaurants. Concierge service when asking for tour suggestions was very helpful. As an HHonors member received a one level room upgrade. Free wifi in lobby. Quiet room in Wilshire tower. Definitely would return.

Room Tip: Wilshire tower has larger and quieter rooms away from traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience and tips. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 January 2012

not going to write an essay here, just a list for the future travelers and for management to think about.
it goes without saying that parking is expensive (although i've seen far worse). It seems like the mosts cities these days make it impossible to park on any side streets so the hotels can charge & raise more revenue / taxes etc.
now the room:
no soap, shampoos etc ... house keeping dropped a bag off, just left on my bed... thought strange they wouldn't have placed in the bathroom.
A/C ... not working ... maintenance guy very friendly & fixes , by now though it's bedtime.
reception calls to check and offers me a free continental breakfast ..., thank you!
my biggest upset was the beds... they SAGGED in the middle ..unbelievable for a hotel of this quality. I stay in lots of hotels, from expensive to cheap... haven't seen beds like these for years ... reception desk
lastly told me very curtly that all the beds in the hotel are identical. so 2 very bad night sleep.
A/C ... loud for a hotel of the caliber .. time to upgrade the old motors to whisper quiet models please.
lastly, why does house keeping knock on my door at 8:15 am for gods sake ?????

1  Thank nick341

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about the frustrations of your stay. I have sent you a private message so we may address all issues. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

This was the accommodation for our last night in US. The rooms and the complext were very nice. However, staff weren't always friendly/helpful. Again we did not really find any "affordable" food venues in close proximity.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We will address your service review with our staff. We take pride in giving great service to all our guests.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Hotel is staffed very well. Concierge was great and being a foodie we were on the same "gastro" page. Rooms are very nice here as well. Updated room and a GREAT Hilton bed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad you used our resourceful concierge. They are the best in town!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I am a diamond hiltonhonors member and travel often. This was one of my favorite hotel stays. Check-in was easy, friendly and given complimentary water, snacks and breakfast each day. The room was clean, updated and very comfortable bed. We walked to Rodeo it's only a couple blocks away. The Legends of Aviation and the Producers Guild Awards were going on during our stay which we didn't know when we booked it but glad we did! We were able to get pictures of many stars!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad you were able to be here during one of our many red carpet events. How fun!

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I only spent one night here as a stopover between Palm Springs and flying on to Las Vegas. Wish I could have stayed longer.

I was upgraded on arrival to a room with a balcony and a view over Century City. The room was large enough and the bed was fabulously comfortable. Everything in the room was clean and in good order. Nice touch having a TV in the bathroom I thought...

I ordered some room service lunch and enjoyed a prompt, fresh and well made ceasar salad in my room. Service here was overall excellent.

The pool area was insanely busy as I was here in July on a Sunday. I could not find a lounger but the pool attendant even offered to call my room when one became available. Nice touch and again indicative of the consistent fine service here.

The decor throughout is low key and may be a little tired in places but it has retained its mid century Hollywood chic feel. I liked it.

Overall the hotel is luxurious yet not stuffy or pretentious. I walked to Rodeo Drive and Century City from here easily. I also had a rental car and found the location good for tripping out to Santa Monica and dinner down in Culver City with friends. (accidently found an amazing Cuban restaurant.) The valets were efficient and I liked the bottle of water they placed in the car when I picked it up.

Will always use this hotel as a base in L.A from now on.

Room Tip: Book online and pre select the upgrade on arrival option. Good value
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Westside
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!