“Lovely stay”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
frome, somerset
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed 4 nights and was really impressed by the Beverly Hilton. The hotel is clean and modern, with the staff very helpful. We found it the perfect place to base ourselves, while exploring LA.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our location. Come back and explore more!

-The Beverly Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I had really expected more from a hotel with this reputation and located in this zip code.
While not a lavish decor (which I expected) it is fairly well maintained, aside from the dead cockroach I discovered in the stairway.
The main downfall of this property is the service.
On arrival, the valet jumped on us to park the car, but did not linger while we unpacked it (ourselves) and then could not be found when we needed them.
After 24 hours here, I have yet to see a bell service attendant. I fist discovered this while waiting nearly 30 minutes for someone to help me with bags on the curb at arrival. I ended up loading a cart myself and pushing it to my room.
Check in seemed to be an annoyance to the guest services desk.
I was asked if I'd like a complimentary USA today outside my door in the morning. As far as I can tell, there are no papers outside the doors of any guests on my entire floor.
I don't mind the lack of a paper. But if you aren't going to deliver it... don't ask if I'd like one.
The lobby bar is a joke. Service is slow, when you can find a person there at all.

I hate to rant like this. But I have only been here one day, and have six more booked.
I just hope it gets better.

Room Tip: Get a high room. The parties in the ballroom on the main floor can be very noisy to guests on the se...
4 Thank ewORD
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Guest,

I am sorry your experience is less than expected. We would like to rectify this as soon as possible. I have sent you a private message with my contact information.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Great location. Few minutes walk to Rodeo Drive and restaurants. Concierge service when asking for tour suggestions was very helpful. As an HHonors member received a one level room upgrade. Free wifi in lobby. Quiet room in Wilshire tower. Definitely would return.

Room Tip: Wilshire tower has larger and quieter rooms away from traffic.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience and tips. We hope to welcome you back soon!

San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 January 2012

not going to write an essay here, just a list for the future travelers and for management to think about.
it goes without saying that parking is expensive (although i've seen far worse). It seems like the mosts cities these days make it impossible to park on any side streets so the hotels can charge & raise more revenue / taxes etc.
now the room:
no soap, shampoos etc ... house keeping dropped a bag off, just left on my bed... thought strange they wouldn't have placed in the bathroom.
A/C ... not working ... maintenance guy very friendly & fixes , by now though it's bedtime.
reception calls to check and offers me a free continental breakfast ..., thank you!
my biggest upset was the beds... they SAGGED in the middle ..unbelievable for a hotel of this quality. I stay in lots of hotels, from expensive to cheap... haven't seen beds like these for years ... reception desk
lastly told me very curtly that all the beds in the hotel are identical. so 2 very bad night sleep.
A/C ... loud for a hotel of the caliber .. time to upgrade the old motors to whisper quiet models please.
lastly, why does house keeping knock on my door at 8:15 am for gods sake ?????

1 Thank nick341
Hello,

I am sorry to hear about the frustrations of your stay. I have sent you a private message so we may address all issues. Thank you.

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This was the accommodation for our last night in US. The rooms and the complext were very nice. However, staff weren't always friendly/helpful. Again we did not really find any "affordable" food venues in close proximity.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We will address your service review with our staff. We take pride in giving great service to all our guests.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Hotel is staffed very well. Concierge was great and being a foodie we were on the same "gastro" page. Rooms are very nice here as well. Updated room and a GREAT Hilton bed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad you used our resourceful concierge. They are the best in town!

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I am a diamond hiltonhonors member and travel often. This was one of my favorite hotel stays. Check-in was easy, friendly and given complimentary water, snacks and breakfast each day. The room was clean, updated and very comfortable bed. We walked to Rodeo it's only a couple blocks away. The Legends of Aviation and the Producers Guild Awards were going on during our stay which we didn't know when we booked it but glad we did! We were able to get pictures of many stars!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad you were able to be here during one of our many red carpet events. How fun!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!