“Excellent hotel but be prepared to pay the price”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Excellent hotel but be prepared to pay the price”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business. The entire experience, from checkin to checkout, was flawless. Staff were courteous and polite, and when I had to ring the concierge, valet, or the front desk they greeted me by name. (I always appreciate hotels that do that.) When I stayed, a large wedding and a very large conference were going on, so my HHonors choice of room (high floor, away from elevator) was not available. So, I was comped into a larger suite in the towers, which ended up being a great experience.

I slept as well as I could have after a trans-continental flight - the room was quiet and road noise from Wilshire Blvd. down below wasn't bad at all. I had a nice view of Beverly Hills and Century City from my window.

The interiors of the hotel were flawless - both in the lobby and my room. No complaints at all.

The "Aqua Star" pool was delightful in the late-summer California sunshine. Unfortunately it was closed on the first day of my stay due to a private event, but I took full advantage of it on my second day.

There are a number of good restaurants located within a short walk from the hotel on "Little" Santa Monica Boulevard (that is, the part of Santa Monica that's not in the express lanes), and the hotel provides complimentary car service within a mile of the hotel if you need to go a little further.

My only complaints about the hotel are the outrageously high prices for certain items. Parking - $36 a night, valet or self-park. I realize this is Los Angeles and the valets have to be paid, but rates this high are just beyond the pale. Minibar - $15 for a bottle of water (I went to CVS and got my own water). Room service - Wow, just wow. I wasn't about to pay $30 plus 18% service charge and tax on breakfast, so I settled on coffee service for about $10, which was still a lot to pay for a pot of coffee that yielded about four cups. I realize that these sorts of services are always marked up at a hotel, but I found these prices to be higher than normal. Frankly, this is the only reason I am not giving the hotel five stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the city - the higher up, the better
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
BeverlyHilton, eCommerce Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your Wilshire Tower suite and our pool. There are some great restaurants walking distance from our hotel, as well as shopping! See you next time.

-The Beverly Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Great hotel in a good location. Away from the Hollywood hustle and bustle with some great restaurant options in walking distance.

Gym and pool were awesome. Valet parking is same price as self-park at $36 per day. Outside looks a little dated but all interior areas look mod.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Andrew W
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location. And yes, for the same price as self parking, let us valet your car for you! See you next time.

orlando
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Enjoyed our stay here. Very accommodating staff. A lot going on with BBC and other tv conferences but did not impact the amenities or customer service. Pool area is very nice and dining can be in or outside. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

The staff was wonderful! Provided maps to local attractions, got us reservations, and the house car service was so convenient! Daily parking was a bit steep ($38 a day) but overall was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for sharing. We are thrilled our staff made your stay comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed at the Beverly Hilton for 5 days recently. On arrivial at the hotel there were hundreds of people at the hotel and a conference was in full swing. This sadly meant that guests that were not part of the conference had a poor service. We were unable to get a drink or contact the resturant from our room whilst the conference was on.
Upon checking in we were met with total apathy from the male receptionist. He was unhelpful and when we asked for further advice it was given reluctantly and with poor grace.
On arriving at our room it was postioned by the lift which given the volume of noise when entering the hotel was of concern. We asked for another room and were given another room, however we were not told that this room was above a handling bay and in the early hours of the morning we had to endure a lot of noise. The next morning we asked to change rooms and were met with a different member of staff who did want to help. We were moved and were happy with the room.
After the conference had left the hotel we were able to have breakfast in the hotel which was really good and the whole feeling of the hotel changed for the better.
It was our experience that not all guests were afforded the same support and courtesy. The conference clearly was the prefered customer.

The hotel was in a good location

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susanne R
BeverlyHilton, eCommerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for sharing. We have sent you a private message so we may look further into your stay. Thank you for your time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is our third business visit to the charming Beverly Hilton in approx 12 months and
the Hotel never disappoints. The staff are always pleased to see you
and in my opinion go out of there way to make your stay as an enjoyable
experience as possible. The Pool area is extremely attractive,clean and well
run by the staff. A special thanks to Robbie and Elizabeth ,whom are on
hand to supply drinks and food on request. The location of the Hotel is
also good, being in walking distance to Rodeo Drive and Century City Mall
The excellent Jim and James in Concierge will give you very
helpful information on the local LA attractions , restaurants etc. One of
the highlights is the food and lovely staff at Circa 55 restaurant
situated adjacent to the delightful pool area. Judie and Rosie are a joy to
meet on every visit and are never without a friendly smile and chat.
Check in/out has always been speedy. The rooms are a decent size with very big
comfortable beds.Very well cleaned every day. I recommend that you join the Hilton Honors scheme to take avantage of there privileges of upgrades and other special
promotions on offer.
There is something going on virtually every night at the Beverly which
adds to the great atmosphere in a great Hotel. The Hotel courtesy car is also a nice touch.
I look forward to the next trip soon. Congratulations to the Management.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank roger048
BeverlyHilton, eCommerce Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy you enjoyed our large pool, service and beds. We will share your kind words with our staff and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stayed for 2 days here. A truly legendary/iconic place to have a stay experience - I wish I could have stayed a bit longer. Hilton lives up to it's reputation here in almost every way - service, cleanliness and the elegant ambience of the place. Most importantly, for those who want to shop in BH, this is an ideal location to be situated, even if you don't spend money. The rates are reasonable (....if you book ahead of time), but prices can ratchet upwards if you do a last minute booking. The only gripe I had was the relatively smallness of the room (32m2) as I was expecting a better upgrade. Go stay at this place for yourself and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank gul1957
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!