“Better geared for conference guests” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
London
“Better geared for conference guests”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

We stayed at the Beverly Hilton as part of a tour from San Fransisco to Los Angeles, where Virgin Holidays had recommended the first and last hotels and we'd made arrangements with the rest.

Sadly, the Beverly Hilton suffered by comparison with the four others we stayed in as its business model clearly caters for conference rather than individual guests. We were placed in the Oasis rooms at the side of the building. We'd asked for two double beds as we were travelling with one of our children: these were very small which led to two uncomfy nights' sleep.

All the other hotels we stayed in during the trip offered free water, free wi-fi and in-room tea and coffee facilities. The Beverly Hilton offered none of these, which meant we felt the hotel catered for guests who could claim extras on expenses, but wasn't serious about providing little touches for the leisure visitor.

There were major conferences and meetings during the period of our stay, which clearly shows they are successful in that market - but we wouldn't recommend this hotel if you want to feel as though you're an individual traveller whose custom matters.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kathmandu, Nepal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

We were in LA for 3 nights and chose to stay at the Beverly Hilton. The service at this property is good. From the point we got off our car to getting our luggage back in the car at check out, the service is pretty nice.

The best i liked was the concierge. Very knowledgable and very attentive to personal needs. Also very helpful in getting reservations where tables are difficult. Very impressed.

The rooms are standard, neat and clean, decently spacious. Location in LA is not much of a factor as you will need a car/taxi to move around where ever you stay. Having said that it was not very far from Rodeo Drive, a nice shopping mall (i forget the name), many tourist areas and decent restaurants.

Parking was a bit steep, but hey, this is Beverly Hills. The funny bit is the valet parking and self parking are the same price. Or maybe its strange just for visitors like me.

I would not mind in recommending this place to anyone, however if ever i go to LA again, i would like to stay at a hotel near the pier along the street full of restaurants and shops. Any suggestions?

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sgolyan
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

My junior colleage and I arrived into LA from an international flight very early in the morning and were feeling very tired by the time we got to the hotel - our first stay at the Beverly Hilton. Check in was smooth though I did wonder why my colleague was taken off to the Wishire Tower and I was taken in a different direction. I soon found out. I walked into my room and my immediate thought was "oh no!" the room looked like something out of a 3 star highway motel and the airconditioning roared like an aeroplane engine. The bathroom was also really tired and dated and just yuck. It was NOT what I expected. I went down to reception and asked about a room change. It was at this time that I was advised that my colleague had been "upgraded" to the Wilshire Tower by the new guy on reception. I obviously had not been. This is not a good way to engender good feelings from a guest - that one is upgraded and the other sent to the shabby side. To cut a long story short, I was soon whisked to a junior suite in the Wishire Tower and could not have been happier. Despite the power outage on my first day (which I understood was out of the hotel´s control) my few days at the hotel was a good experience. The room was lovely and quiet, bed was super comfy,and the bathroom was great (the bath is so deep it is fantastic!!). The room service was ok though I don´t recommend the pizza and they need to update the in rooom dining menu as I was advised my choices weren´t available as the menu had changed. Not a big deal but I was really craving a strawberry shortcake! The staff are delightful and really seemed to be happy to work there. All in all, a good experience. I couldn´t give my review 5 stars because of my early impression but it is close. I will stay there again - but will make sure my booking request is for the Wilshire Tower.

Room Tip: make sure you request the Wilshire Tower if you are expecting a 5 star experience!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Cool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This review is for The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills. I would recommend this hotel based on my short one-night stay for an event in Beverly Hills.

Property: The Beverly Hilton
Room Type/Class: Standard
Date: October 19-20, 2012
TripAdvisor Page/Reviews: LINK
Booking Source: Hotwire
Overall Rating: 4/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

I choose my one-night stay with The Beverly Hilton based on its reputation as well as it’s proximity to an event I was flying in for, which was a few blocks away.

The hotel offers on-site parking in a parking garage, and check-in was fairly simple.

The property is grand, with lots to do inside the hotel itself, with shops, a bar, etc.

The room was fairly standard, but nice; aged, but shows signs of being periodically updated. Being upscale, in an upscale area, there are charges for in room candy and treats, as one might expect.

The view was completely unimpressive, to say the least – overlooking activity in a parking garage across the way, attached to the long defunct Robinson’s May. My thinking was that this was a consequence of having booked a low rate via Hotwire, though that is just speculation on my part.

Given that my stay was limited to one night for a local event, I did not have much time to really explore the hotel or take advantage of any of its amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BeverlyHilton, eCommerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Thank you for sharing your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

-The Beverly Hilton
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

My sister and I just returned from an amazing girls weekend away. It had a lot to do with our stay at the Beverly Hilton. From the time we checked in, we were treated amazing. They had someoneat the front counter directing which front desk person to go to. He was very friendly and funny. We got to our room in the Wilshire tower. The room was bright, and beds were comfy. Bathrooms are large (so two women can get ready in the morning). And the balcony was a huge plus. We were able to sit out and enjoy a cup of coffee while enjoying the view of L.A. And a big thank you to Ana in Concierge. She was amazing. She would tell us little places to go have dinner, shop or just go for a walk. She even got us into Mastro's steakhouse on a busy Friday nite in Beverly Hills. I would recommend this to anyone coming to L.A. and wanting to stay in Beverly Hills. Great Location, Great Hotel and Great Staff!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Two nights here wasn't enough. The hotel has classic elegance, we loved the pictures of the movie stars in the public hallways. The concierge, the front desk and valet were always courteous and helpful. We enjoyed the the buffet continental breakfast, the pastries, muffins and croissants were delicious. Lox (to go with bagels) was a nice treat on a continental breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Horrible experience. Such a nightmare! We checked in and a couple hours later the power went out. There was no lights, no tv, no airconditioning. We couldn't even leave the room because the power door system would lock us out since the power was out. We overlooked it and went to bed at 8:00pm because there was nothing we could do. We were woken up by the lights coming back on in the middle of the night. Then I got up again in the early morning to find the power went out again. Luckily the power was back on at about 8:00am. We went to breakfast and to sigh see and we got back to our room to find it hot and stuffy and the power out again. We went to the front desk and they told us all the other hotels had no power as well. I called the Intercontinental and they had power and availability so we booked a room there and left. Before I left though I spoke with the manager and told him that we were not paying full price for such a horrible experience. He tried to argue and make us pay full price which is ABSURD. Then when we told him that there were other hotels with power his exact response was "So we are the liars?!?" I could not believe that a place where you paid $300 a night would treat their guest/customers this way. I will never stay at this hotel again and I suggest you stay clear and a different place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Special K
BeverlyHilton, eCommerce Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you for sharing. We apologize for any inconvenience the City power outage may have caused. We have sent you a private message so we may resolve any issues. We strive to make every guest feel comfortable during their stay with us. Thank you in advance for your time.

-The Beverly Hilton