“Need a change”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Singapore, Singapore
“Need a change”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

i have been staying at the Beverly Hilton for the last 5 years , atleast two weeks every year. Allthough it is a good place , i find that they have failed to re-invent themselves and the service is not consistent....at times it is beyond expectation and at time below par

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hilton for your repeat visits to the area. Your feedback is very important to us. We are taking your comments into serious consideration as we work to enhance our service and amenities. We hope to have an opportunity to provide you with a consistent, high level of service and amenities on your future trips back to Los Angeles.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ventura, California, USA
Reviewed 16 January 2014

As a loyal hilton hotel member I was looking forward to the experience here. I made my usual special requests an in room fridge and local paper..I even called to make sure I had them and was assured I would have a fridge. I did not get either one.
Please be aware there is no where to plug your phone in, no USB adapters anywhere, quite surprising at a hotel that has been completely updated. After I made my complaints to hilton throughout their national survey! I did hear from the hotel manager who promised my next stay would be better.
I had a pool level cabana room and it was wonderful, beautiful weather weekend and the pool had nice amenities as did the gym. I ate at trader Vic's at the bar and received excellent service and food. the breakfast buffet was great as well.
I did have an abrupt wake up early Sunday Morning as room service kept banging on my door and eventually let themselves in, but of course they had the wrong room:( not what you expect here.
Mandatory valet parking was $38, but that is LA, but the valet staff was exceptional, nice touch when I was checking out and they brought my car up they had cold water in my Car for me.
My room was great, the pool was nice, check in was easy, but all my requests made a week before arrival and confirmed by phone were ignored.

Room Tip: The pool level with walk out balcony was Great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Julie, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced. We are considering your feedback as we continuously work to improve our level of service and amenities. We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to welcome you back in the future for an even better experience.
DULUTH
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Just returned from a great trip to Los Angeles for a Rose Bowl Event!! We stayed at the Beverly Hilton which was in a perfect location. We stretched our legs and walked to Rodeo Drive where the shops and street were still decorated for Christmas. We stayed in the tower where the rooms have been redone. They are spacious and the bedding was great. The only thing I'd like to say to the management is they need to change the tissues and the toilet paper, it seemed like a one ply and the tissues were not soft!! Staff was very good, James at the coinciege was very helpful. They have a car service if you want to go to the Century Plaza mall, we rode down and it was so nice, we walked back.

Room Tip: A high floor in the tower will give you a better view, we viewed the roof which was not very nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hilton for your trip to Los Angeles for the Rose Bowl. We are glad to hear that your found the hotel conveniently located and enjoyed the accommodations and services. And thank you for letting us know how we can further improve our guests’ experience. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Some consider soft water a luxury. For me, I don't like the feeling of not getting the soap completely off my skin. The water at this hotel is quite soft, so if this is an issue for you, think twice. However, even with my personal preference, I really like this hotel. The facilities are immaculate and the staff really provides five-star service. It has a large, excellent fitness center with modern equipment and the pool is wonderful ... four lanes, 25 yards, plus some play area. The location is good, on the fringe of the Beverly Hills golden triangle. I found this to be an exceptionally good value compared to other close-by hotels. Business brings me to this area now and then, and I definitely will return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your comments and feedback. We apologize you did not find the soft water comfortable, but are glad to hear about your overall great stay. We are looking forward to your return.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is a famous hotel, and I guess if you are not royalty, you are a nuisance. The staff gave me a room with an inoperable door, then acted as if it was no big deal that I trudged all the way to the distant tower, then back to the desk with all my luggage. I have had a better experience at a Holiday Inn regarding the food service.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jeffery, thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Our goal is always to ensure that all of our guests are treated like royalty and we apologize that we fell short. We hope to have an opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
NYC
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was expecting a hotel that was tired and past its prime but I actually found this old school city resort to be in great condition. My room was spacious, with great balcony and as clean and modern as any. It seemed yo have been recently updated. Great comfy bed. Clean, modern, spacious bathroom with nice stall shower. Breakfast outside by the pool was great. The hotel's location is fantastic, on Wilshire/Santa Monica in Beverly Hills, so easy to get anywhere. And I like that they have self parking option, even if the price was a bit more than reasonable. But I'm not complaining as I felt the reasonable room rate more than made up for that. I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review! We are delighted to hear that our services and amenities surpassed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel was wonderful in light of the fact that it was the week of Golden Globes and there was construction every where. Even with this huge undertaking the hotel made me feel special. Because i had to move rooms i got a discount. Hotel staff offered to move all of my belongings. The coffee bar barista was hugely personable. Be sure to stop and see him.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very happy we were able to make your stay enjoyable despite the unusual circumstances. We hope you will have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!