“Excellent Hotel, the only place to stay in LA!”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is my second review of The Beverly Hilton as I have stayed there several times previously, but though I would write again as I LOVE this hotel.

We actually checked out of the hotel we had booked to move to The Beverly Hilton as where we were originally was not good.

We had a pool view room in the Wiltshire Tower which was perfect.

The hotel staff are lovely, the breakfast is excellent and overall I would not stay anywhere else in LA other than here.

Cant wait to go back!!

Room Tip: The Wiltshire Tower is more modern, so go for a room there.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank queenoftherow
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you very much for your repeat business and for taking the time to write a second great review! We are delighted to hear how much you enjoy The Beverly Hilton. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Very nice clean hotel. Like all big hotels, they charge too much for any incidentals. Helpful staff. Nice clean room. Maintenance occurred too early in the morning. Everyone expects tips which is annoying considering how much the room costs, but that is how big hotels work. Overall, an excellent experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Josh, thank you for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is very important to us. We are glad your stay at The Beverly Hilton was excellent despite the minor frustrations you experienced.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked this hotel at the last minute and did not have any time to read any reviews. But I thought, how bad can it be... it's after all the iconic Beverly Hilton.

Reality was that the hotel is very average. As a matter of fact, the rooms are old and tired and equal in quality to a basic motel room. The room itself is just ok, but the bathroom is really bad. My sink was blocked and was somehow regurgatating awful sediment and I the shower was luke warm (the bath water was hot and the hotel did send a maintenance person to fix the sink, however, the next morning I found that the sink again regurgitated hair and other pieces).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank teedee1198
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay with us. We apologize for the challenge you experienced with your bathroom and are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our amenities. In fact, we are currently renovating select bathrooms to offer our guests a more comfortable stay. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

The Beverly Hilton is a tired, dated hotel where there has been significant under-investment over the last decade leading to furnishings being out of step with a guest's expectations of a high end hilton hotel in Beverly Hills.

The hotel is host to the Golden Globe Awards each January and I think this has caused the hotel to rest of its laurels.

Our stay started badly where we found Reception had inadvertently booked someone else it's our room/reservation and being questioned at the front desk if we really were the named guests on the booking despite having passports and driving licenses in front of them. Sadly, there was no apology from them despite being messed around for 30 minutes after a 12 hour flight in from London UK.

The room was large but dated in decor, the shower was awful and not adequate in the 21st century.

The buffet breakfast was good and they've got a lovely enclosed outdoor swimming pool between the building complexes.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesH604

Charles, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we appreciate your feedback. We are very sorry for the challenge you experienced at check in and that you were unhappy with the accommodations. We are currently renovating select guest bathrooms to enhance our guests’ experience. In the meantime, we will reach out to you directly to look further into your stay.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Although happiley located in Beverley Hills , close to Hollywood and Santa Monica Beach,the hotel is outdated , rooms are average and bathrooms terrible.Very unpleasent to have Starbucks coffee in a paper recipient.No soaps in the bathroom, the cleaning lady aded 1 chocolate on my room, ate pistacchios from my box,very poor help from the reception staff.Bad experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 876Minola

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and will take them into serious consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. Select guest bathrooms are currently undergoing a renovation to offer guests a more pleasant stay. For our guests’ convenience, the lobby bar offers coffee in to-go containers, or porcelain cups for those who choose to dine-in. We will be reaching out to you to further resolve the challenges you experienced.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

i have been staying at the Beverly Hilton for the last 5 years , atleast two weeks every year. Allthough it is a good place , i find that they have failed to re-invent themselves and the service is not consistent....at times it is beyond expectation and at time below par

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hilton for your repeat visits to the area. Your feedback is very important to us. We are taking your comments into serious consideration as we work to enhance our service and amenities. We hope to have an opportunity to provide you with a consistent, high level of service and amenities on your future trips back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

As a loyal hilton hotel member I was looking forward to the experience here. I made my usual special requests an in room fridge and local paper..I even called to make sure I had them and was assured I would have a fridge. I did not get either one.
Please be aware there is no where to plug your phone in, no USB adapters anywhere, quite surprising at a hotel that has been completely updated. After I made my complaints to hilton throughout their national survey! I did hear from the hotel manager who promised my next stay would be better.
I had a pool level cabana room and it was wonderful, beautiful weather weekend and the pool had nice amenities as did the gym. I ate at trader Vic's at the bar and received excellent service and food. the breakfast buffet was great as well.
I did have an abrupt wake up early Sunday Morning as room service kept banging on my door and eventually let themselves in, but of course they had the wrong room:( not what you expect here.
Mandatory valet parking was $38, but that is LA, but the valet staff was exceptional, nice touch when I was checking out and they brought my car up they had cold water in my Car for me.
My room was great, the pool was nice, check in was easy, but all my requests made a week before arrival and confirmed by phone were ignored.

Room Tip: The pool level with walk out balcony was Great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Julie, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced. We are considering your feedback as we continuously work to improve our level of service and amenities. We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall and hope to welcome you back in the future for an even better experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!