“I would not stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
New York City, New York
“I would not stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

It is my second night out of the five nights stay. So far, I am not very impressed. Service is very slow. I called laundry to pick up my stuff twice and they only showed up 30-45minues...I am on the run and this wait is not acceptable. Valet parking is very slow. Called to bring extra towels and shampoos and conditioner, they showed up 30 minutes after I called....I had wait to take shower. They don't seem to provide normal service. Not enough glasses. I usually see glasses for bathroom and for room use. Size of room is ok. Water in the shower room does not drain good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sw k
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the hassles you are experiencing. Thank you for taking the time to share this information with us. We will reach out to you directly to see if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I heard this hotel was old. But for an older hotel the upkeep of it was very good, I Just didn't like the outside of it.The location of the hotel is great, its not far from the mall and restaurants.The lobby was very nice and alone with the room we had, everything was clean. The service was great cant complain, everyone was eagle to help.It was a very quiet hotel, I don't have anything bad to say.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. Our Mid-Century-Modern façade was designed by the noted architect, Welton Becket whose other projects include L.A. landmarks like Capitol Records building and Cinerama Dome. We hope you will choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the area.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here on business. The staff good and rooms comfortable and clean. Breakfast is served by the pool and even in the winter months you can sit out side. The bar is nice and the staff super friendly. The gym is good with plenty of equipment. Location good for Beverly Hills and some shopping areas are walkable from the hotel which is good. My only complaint was that they charge you a daily rate per device for the internet! On check out they charged me an individual daily rate for my phone, computer and iPad for each day of my stay!! I asked to speak to the manager who swiftly changed my bill but explained that it was the hotel's policy to charge an internet fee per device per day!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pythagoras2014
Thank you for letting us know about your overall positive experience as well as for sharing the areas where we can use improvements. We sincerely regret if our Internet policy caused you any inconvenience. We do offer complimentary WiFi in all public areas for our guests convenience.
Seattle, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Overall the experience was very good until my check-out when I came across the most unpleasant front desk manager. Everyone else on staff had been so friendly, helpful and pleasant. Mark V der K had the worst kind of attitude and left a very negative impression of my entire stay. Other than Mark, I have to say it was a great conference hotel and the restaurant, bar, bell and all other staff were great. It's too bad one bad apple can have such an impact on my impression. The pool area is lovely and food is good. It would be nice if they had faster latte service in the morning but here the fellows making and providing the coffees kind of make up for the wait.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Jennifer D
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. Your feedback is very important to us. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure and we sincerely regret this was not your impression. Nevertheless, we are glad to hear that most of the team members you encountered were great and that you found the hotel well appointed. We hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Some people complain that this place is old - well, sure. Maybe it is. But it has a lot of history and character. The staff is fantastic and very proud of their hotel. The hotel is centrally located. Easy access to 405, Hollywood, UCLA and of course downtown Beverly Hills - which is walking distance should you decide to use your legs. You will find great drinks at Trader Vic's downstairs and a ton of top restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. The rooms are being remodeled and are very comfortable. All in all this is one of my favorite hotels worldwide.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your comments. We are indeed proud of our history and are glad to hear you also find it interesting. We are honored that you consider The Beverly Hilton one of your favorite hotels in the world and look forward to welcoming you back during your future visit to Beverly Hills.
beverly hills, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Mr Townsend & wonderful staff, especially Rita supervisor of housekeeping! Y'all are too kind!!! What a fantastic stay you have made for me & my guests. I thank you!!! This is a very real review & NO I am not paid to say this, nor am I related to anyone at the hotel, but they did make me feel like family, all of them!

Steve B (Austin, Tx) Filmmaker...
www.nativenewyorkerfilm.com

• Stayed April 2014
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you very much for your compliments! We will pass on your comments to our team members. We hope to welcome you and your guests back to The Beverly Hilton in the near future.
Leavenworth, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've been wanting to stay at the Beverly Hilton (and eat at Trader Vic's) for years and was happy to at last have the opportunity on a recent visit to Los Angeles. The hotel did not disappoint. The lobby is beautiful, as is the pool area and the adjacent restaurants. I liked the wide corridors leading to our room.

There were two events in the ballroom while we stayed and both added a lot of Hollywood glamor, even if we didn't see any movie stars. The staff is friendly and professional and we experienced zero issues with check-in and check-out.

Our room was typically Hilton -- a bit on the small side -- but the bathroom was luxurious and we enjoyed our balcony and our view -- downtown Los Angeles on a clear day!

It's iconic, and it's a great location within West Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. We were able to wak (yes walk!) to Century City and Rodeo Drive.

My biggest complaint was that smoking is allowed in the pool area. I have zero tolerance for cigarette smoking and trying to enjoy the sunshine and brunch and champagne while inhaling secondhand smoke was terrible. If there is a policy against smoking poolside it needs to be enforced and if not there needs to be one. This is California and one doesn't expect to be smelling cigarette smoke!

Other than that, we enjoyed our stay immensely. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your nearly perfect experience at The Beverly Hilton. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear your found our team member to be friendly and professional. We aim to provide a comfortable and enjoyable environment for all our guests and do limit smoking to areas by the pool away from the restaurant and lounge. We sincerely regret if this policy caused you any inconvenience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!