“They try...”

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
“They try...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

But not quite what I expected. Good service and the breakfast was amazing to be free (I am a Hilton Diamond member). The air conditioner could have been stronger since it felt slightly humid in the room. Didn't spend much time in the room. Location was excellent for everywhere I needed to go. Glad my company paid for it as I don't think it was worth the almost $400 for the night.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you found the hotel conveniently located and enjoyed our breakfast offerings. Please accept our apologies about the air conditioning. When you stay with us in the future, please don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Arriving at 2h00 a.m. after a 4 hours delay at JFK in NYC it was a total relief to arrive at your hotel. Good, efficient, to the point at the reception. Hotel room was clean and quite, everything available, including night robes, slippers etc. confortable bed, slept well, breakfast outside! Good swimming pool. Excellent service with everything, storing lugage, bell men, laundry and drying, hotel was a lot of American history

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for this review. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that we were able to meet all of your expectations for a comfortable stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Plano, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

My stay here was TERRIBLE. I'm not particularly hard to please and am pretty easy going. I've never had a hotel stay that I would say was "bad". I am very understanding that things happen. But there is no excuse for this hotel.
1) The rooms were mediocre at BEST. Our bathroom had a weird, vomit looking stain on the marble that housekeeping claimed they couldn't clean because it was too old, then in the very.next.sentence told me the bathroom had been remodeled 2 weeks ago.
2) The a/c didn't work and we couldn't get the engineer there until midnight (he was nice, not his fault) but the first night was sweltering. And I'm from Texas.
3) I paid for internet and it stopped working 20 minutes afterward every.single.time. I even got connected to the internet SERVICE provider once. It was extremely hard to work.
4) Housekeeping broke my phone charger and the hotel replaced it, but with a used, mismatched and clunkier adaptor.
5) We at lunch at hotel restaurant the first night and our 3 sandwiches and 1 salad took an HOUR to get and there were exactly 3 other tables, none with more than 3 people.
6) The food was really blah. I was there 4 days for a conference and was very disappointed in the food. The waitstaff was nice, though.
7) The 11th time (literally) I called the front desk about the internet quitting after 20 minutes (it's supposed to be good for 24 hours) on day 4, the front desk person got snappy at me when I asked the charge to be removed because the service wasn't being provided (which I stated personally and politely) and HUNG UP ON ME. When I called back and spoke to the manager, she didn't seem surprised or that willing to do anything about it.
8) Someone puked in the lobby bathroom floor one evening. I notified the front desk when I discovered it. It was still there the next morning. I personally saw multiple employees go in and ignore it.

Room Tip: I understand the poolside rooms are much nicer, but I don't know what that means regarding the n...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kristin D
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We sincerely apologies for the hassles you experienced and regret that we were not able to meet your expectations. We will share your Internet connectivity challenges with our provider to ensure that they are aware of the issue. We are sorry we fell shot in our service, but your review will help us improve experiences for future guests. We will reach out to you directly as well to offer an apology.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights

Pros:
The room was large and well appointed
The bathroom was spacious and reasonably modern
The service was quick and courteous
The gym is clean and is a decent size for the few people who take advantage of it
The hotel has an old world charm

Cons:
The cleaning staff left supplies on the bathroom counter, carelessly
There was a small hole in the duvet cover
The mini-bar menu was missing from the room

Overall, I enjoyed my time here. The service really stood out in a positive way. With that said, there are flaws as described above. I would consider staying here again but I would shop around first.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share the pro and cons of your recent stay with us with fellow travelers. We are delighted to hear that the service stood out to you in a positive way and glad you would choose to stay with us again. Please accept our apologies for the few small shortfalls. Your review help us identify areas of improvement.
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Dingy, cramped, out of date rooms. Bathroom poorly lit and the ceiling needed repair. No in-room coffee, no included breakfast. Valet lost my friend's car, took them 20 mins to locate it (we were late to an event). Fitness room has very poor selection of weights. For this price, shockingly bad, and terrible value.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
We are very sorry you were unhappy with your guest room and were disappointed in the value of our property. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We will also reach out to you directly.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Our family found the hotel to be excellent. The concierge was one of the most helpful and obliging we have ever encountered. The service at both bars and breakfast was exceptional.
Overall, we were greatly impressed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to hear you were greatly impressed with your recent stay at The Beverly Hilton. We hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is gorgeous ! There are, at leaf three types of rooms. Without balcony, which is perfect in terms of size and amenities, with balcony and those vilas in front of the swimming pool. Well I took the first ones, and always recommend the hotel to friends. The have drivers to take you out to dinner in case you do not want to drive, for instance.

Room Tip: All of them are perfect. It will depend on the cost.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear about your experience. Thank you for recommending The Beverly Hilton to your friends! We hope you will return for another visit soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!