“Retro Baby!”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 5 July 2014

So hip, so 'rat pack', so Beverly Hills...come stylish, wear dark sun glasses and drink scotch on the rocks, you'll feel like Frank Sinatra. Pool is great though a bit crowded, reserve a cabana room around the pool (we like the second floor so you get a view of the pool but people aren't right outside your door).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your review and for offering some great suggestions to fellow travelers! We are glad that you enjoyed the retro-appeal of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed 4 July 2014

a touch of Hollywood glam-- fun to drive up the drive and embark at this iconic hotel. Eating poolside is always a pleasure-- good food, nice ambianece. Rooms are very comfortable -- but some can feel like a long walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a second review of The Beverly Hilton. We appreciate your repeat business and your positive feedback. We are delighted that you find the hotel iconic and glamorous. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your future stay even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed 3 nights here for a combination business/pleasure trip. If you expect everything to be expensive here you will not be wrong. I stayed in the Wilshire Tower.

The pool was smaller than I expected but the chaises were the most comfortable ever. The pool staff also walk around offering free water bottles which is a nice touch.

I ate room service and in the downstairs restaurant. Both were pricey but you're at the Beverly Hilton.

I loved that the walls are adorned with glamour portraits of classic movie stars and the background music also hearkens back to the hotel's hey day era.

I suggest looking at images of the hotel grounds and room options. Half of the rooms in the Wilshire have balconies. I don't know about the Oasis Tower but it looked older (maybe the original hotel building?). There are also cabana rooms around the pool.

Room Tip: Read about the room options before booking. Wilshire Tower, Oasis Tower, Cabana Rooms, Balcony or no...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Beverly Hilton. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and felt that the hotel lived up to your expectations. The Aqua Star Pool at The Beverly Hilton is actually the largest heated pool in Beverly Hills. We hope you will stay with us again if your business or pleasure travel brings you back to the area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hotel room and location was great but hotel staff is dis-organized and room service subpar. Ordered food while at the pool area and had to wait over 1.5 hours for the food to come out (was only a sandwich). Reason for delay was that waiter went on lunch break. A normal place would have made sure that if a waiter is going on a lunch break that the food would have been delivered.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Hamid S

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and let us know about the things you enjoyed during your stay, as well as highlight areas where we can improve. We sincerely apologize for the service delay you experienced and will make the necessary adjustments to avoid such challenges in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We attended a marvelous wedding at the Beverly HIlton, our hosts spared no expense and the food, flowers, drinks and music were all wonderful. But that could have been anywhere. The Beverly Hilton has an upgraded tower, but we opted for the old tower as it was closer to the wedding. The room & bathroom were dated, worn and considering the rate of $250 + $40 for overnight parking - not a good value at all. The lobby, while large, is not impressive, and the service on check in and check out was undermanned. Imagine it's 4:00pm, and there's a line of people to be checked in and only 1 person on duty at registration. Now imagine the same thing the following morning at check out. That's poor planning or just a lack of caring and customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't front Wilshire Blvd.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. We sincerely regret that you were disappointed in the value of our property. Please be assured that guest service is our top priority and we strive to offer every guest a comfortable and welcoming experience. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations, but your comments will help us make improvements.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just stayed here this past weekend for a celebration weekend and was so pleased with the service we received. Everyone there was so nice and accommodating.

We went out for most of our meals, however, poolside on Saturday, we ordered lunch and the burgers were very very good, as well as my Tuna melt. We had a cabana for the day and our attendant, Andrew, was so very nice. Made sure we were never in need of anything and was never very far. Loved that he always refreshed our ice cups.

There was a minor issue with another set of guests, which he (and a manager) quickly resolved it, you know....pool chair real estate...and we were happy for the rest of the day.

We lucked out and had some notables around the pool preparing for their afternoon wedding so we had built in entertainment - just didn't score an invite. (darn those beautiful people can be so clicky).

Very Family Friendly and the location can't be beat. The house car is available for local transportation as well.

Oh well, only negative possibly would be, as classic as this place is, I would say it is ready for a remodel, keeping the classic old Hollywood style as it is a beauty, just needs some updating for today.

Oh yea, negative #2, as we laying by the pool, thought it was sad and weird to have Whitney on the music loop. Thought it was just me, but my friends said the same thing a few hours later. Esp. if they are trying to downplay that issue.

Room Tip: Poolside or view rooms are a plus, we didn't ask for that
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hilton for your celebration weekend. We are very glad you enjoyed your visit and we were able to quickly resolve the small issues that did come up. We hope to welcome you back again for another weekend visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Let me start by saying that i made hotel reservations through my travel agent more than a month before my family's visit to California. In addition to room reservations, my travel agent called the hotel to get a recommendation for a nice restaurant near the hotel for a Father's Day dinner on the day we arrived. The Hilton concierge recommended and made a reservation at a nice Italian restaurant within a short walking distance from the hotel. i believed all arrangements were confirmed and I was all set to have a great meal for Father's Day with my family on our first trip to California. Upon our arrival to the hotel, I checked at the concierge's desk to double check the time of our reservation. They assured me we were all set for 7PM. A short time later, i checked the web site to look at the menu and noticed that they were closed on Sundays-which was Father's Day. i called the restaurant and there was no answer . At this point it was 6pm. i called the desk and asked them to contact the restaurant and they also had no answer. The concierge couldn't even begin to explain to me how such a mistake could happen. So she then asked me what i would like to do. I mean really, she had to ask me what i would like to do? So i answered, "Eat dinner with my family". She then asked what kind of restaurant I was looking for and asked if I would like a "pizzeria" recommendation. I had to explain to her that i was here at the Beverly Hilton with my family which included my wife ,myself and my two- 20 year old children. i didn't fly across the country from NY to eat Father's Day dinner in a pizzeria .i then suggested to her that maybe a restaurant comparable to where we were originally supposed to go ( i did not think i would have to suggest that) would be more appropriate. Within a few minutes she had a reservation for me at another place near by that she said was great. Unfortunately it wasn't and wasn't comparable at all -the place smelled terribly as we walked through the door and the was empty with only one other table of patrons. i knew this was not comparable to the original place " E Baldi "they had originally recommended to my travel agent. i would have to say i was very disappointed to say the least - with all the nice places to eat in West Hollywood , Beverly hills , or even Hollywood, why would they stick me in this dump. The food was just mediocre but not great and not what i expected - I would have preferred to eat at the hotel. The rest of the hotel is OK but not worth the money you pay. if i ever return to this area i would not stay at the Beverly Hilton; the rooms are small and they don't even offer free WiFi. The concierge never offered a decent explanation for the mishap or tried to make up for their error in any way which I feel was poor service and not at all what i would expect from the Beverly Hilton. I am very disappointed, especially since I am a Hilton Honors Member.i emailed the hotel directly to let them know about my disappointment and they let me know they removed the restaurant from their list , and only apologized for the challenges my family had while staying with them. they still had no explanation as to how they made a reservation at a closed restaurant.

Room Tip: make your own reservations for dinner , don't trust the concierge
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brian H

We sincerely regret the hassle and frustration you experienced during your recent visit. We have read your comments with great concern and will be sure to investigate the situation internally. Please accept our apologies. We will reach out to you directly to see if there is anything we can do to make up for the disappointment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#13 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!