“Nice hotel but beware”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this property in July 2014, the hotel is very nice but the staff is horrible. When I checked in I didn't have my hilton honors number on me and according to front desk clerk I could not use it due to the fact that a travel agency made the resrvation. The bottom line is he was too lazy to look it up. The next day I asked another person at the desk and they said no problem and added the number.
The next thing was that we valet parked the vehicle for $40 a day a little pricey but self park was the same cost. When we arrived I took everything out of the vehicle, so I thought only to find out when I got to my room that I left a small Flip video camera in the vehicle. We were going back out within an hour so I waited until we went back out to retrieve the camera. Much to my surprise it was gone, but they were nice enough to leave a couple of bottles of water on the console. I would rather they kept the water and left the camera. We'll you can guest the rest of the story I reported it to security. They took a report said they were going to investigate and get back to me before I checked out. Well that's the last I heard from anyone.
I realize I should not have my camera in the car but it was an accident, so beware the staff at this hotel are waiting!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please be assured that the safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we you experienced. Our security team is continuing to diligently investigate the situation and we will be in touch with you directly today to advise you of the status of your case.

There are newer reviews for The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Beverly Hilton is an expensive hotel, but you get every dollar you pay for. Check in was uncomplicated, room was impeccably clean and organized, breakfast by the pool was one of the best parts. Only disappointment was that I was guaranteed to be put on a room with a view and that wasn't delivered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor. That might guarantee you a view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. While we cannot guarantee specific room requests, we do our very best to accommodate guests’ wishes based on room availability and occupancy levels.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Disclosure: We used points for free nights here, so can't speak to prices of rooms

We stayed here over the July 4 weekend, and the stay was really great. We've stayed at many places in LA (see my reviews) and this ranks as one of the best places for the price (we looked up how much it would have been). To be honest, the hotel looks dated and a bit rundown from the outside, but when you get inside, you realize it's a self-contained oasis at a huge intersection of two very large streets - Wilshire and Santa Monica blvd. This makes it an ideal location and a hop and skip to the Century City mall, to Beverly hills, down to the mid-Wilshire corridor, up to UCLA, or into West Hollywood. 5 stars for the locations.

As for the hotel itself, as stated, the outside doesn't look too great, but once you get inside, the lobby and rooms themselves are luxurious and much more modern. We were upgraded to a deluxe room that had a large balcony that overlooked the pool which was a great place to sit out since it was hot. The bathroom was nice and spacious, and while it lacked a tub, it had all the amenities that I'd expect from a great hotel.

The pool was great, with many attendants around. The only thing I would note here is that in order to get a lounge chair during busy times, you have to be put on a waiting list where the attendants will get chairs for you. While it's nice, it does seem to cause confusion with guests as not many places practice this.

We also had continental breakfast at Circa 55 included with my HHonors Gold status, and it was good. Pretty standard with bread/fruit offerings.

The only downside of the stay was the parking. Self and Valet parking was each $40 (so why not valet?) which is pretty high - but whenever they brought the car they did provide chilled bottles of water.

Overall, I really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return. While it's more expensive than our normal one or two night hotel choices for LA, if we would like to indulge a little, have a great pool, and great location, this hotel is the one to beat for us right now. I would recommend!

Room Tip: Balconies facing the pool are great - but they may be too noisy for some if you wake up late or slee...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hilton for your getaway and for taking the time to provide your feedback. You will find our parking rates comparable to other hotels in the area. Also, our signature mid-century modern façade was designed by famed L.A. architect Welton Becket. We appreciate all of your comments and will take your suggestions into consideration as we continuously strive to enhance our services and amenities.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the second we arrive until the time we departed, we felt as though we were treated like the many celebrities that have past through the doors of the Beverly Hilton. Having been strictly a Marriott Rewards Member for many years, I realized that I've been overlooking the Hilton brand for way too long. As a family, I can't say we've ever enjoyed our hotel experience any more than we did than this recent stay in Beverly Hills. The staff truly made us feel like we famous.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We were delighted to read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We strive to deliver this kind of personalized service to every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional hotel experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is pretty far from any metro station (in LA public transport is a mess) but next ot the 4 bus line which will take you to Santa Monica and to Downtown. DOwntown LA must be avoided during the night and if you feel like you have to go there, do it in the morning time. The hotel is walking distance to Rodeo Dr. and the nice shops but having/renting a car would make things much easier. The concierge of the hotel are really helpful, but I can;t say the same for the receptionists. We have booked a room 2 months before going there, asking for a higher floor and in the beginning they offered us one in the 2nd floor. We stayed there for one night and we changed the next morning to one on the 7th floor. Much better. Both rooms were junior suites offering a spacious place and spacious bathroom. Nice service and clean hotel. You get a celebrity touch, especially when you take your breakfast or you have a drink by the pool at the lower level.

Room Tip: Rent a car. Choose the rooms looking towards the sea. Please be reminded that we are speaking about...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your tips and recommendations with fellow travelers. We are glad that you had a pleasant experience overall and apologize for the initial hassle with your room. We do our best to accommodate guests’ requests for certain room features based on occupancy levels and availability. We hope you choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband, my two boys aged 14 and 11 and I are staying at The Beverly Hilton at the moment. We have flown all the way from Australia and after reading some reviews on trip advisor I was a little worried about how our experience was going to be.
Let me start by saying that it has been a 5 star experience since we arrived.
Our check in was simple and stress free thanks to Sylvia who checked us in. Friendly and was able to accommodate our every request.
I had a problem connecting my mobile to the wifi and Cassy from reception was amazing in taking the time to make sure she got the wifi working.
Tharam at the concierge desk was fabulous with discussing tours, restaurants, taxi rides.
This hotel provides a free shuttle to the local shopping centre. They even come and pick you up.
The breakfast at this hotel is delicious and the breakfast staff are o friendly especially the guy making the omelets.
Our room was spotless and house keeping did a great job in serving it daily.
The pool never closes so my boys enjoyed jumping in after a long day of tours and shopping.
For my family The Beverly Hilton has lived up to it's 5 star expectation. We will be recommending this hotel to all our family and friends.
we will be back:):):)

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Great to sit on and has a breeze on a really hot day
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hilton for your visit from Australia! We are delighted to have been able to meet and exceed your expectations in service and accommodations. We will share your positive feedback with the team members you mentioned. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay with us even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel was great with beautiful views .the staff were so helpful nothing was a bother to any of them, from the day we arrived to the day we left they couldn't have done more to help from ordering food booking taxi .I don't usually go to the gym but this gym was so easy to use and didn't make you feel out of place .

Room Tip: All rooms are good ,it depends on what view you want .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased that you found our team members helpful and welcoming. Exceptional guest service is our primary goal at The Beverly Hilton and it is our pleasure to offer guest a enjoyable experience like the one you had.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#13 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!