“Location, Location, Location”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Do not expect incredible rooms here! The Beverly Hilton is all about the proximity to Rodeo Drive. The rooms themselves are Ok and the hotel could use updating but looking at the pool area from the upper balcony I could picture swanky parties back in the day when this place would have been where all the stars gathered. Trader Vics was good but the drinks were pricey....kind of expected with where I was.

Do not go to this place if you are wanting the best of the best but if you want to be in Beverly hills and close to Rodeo Drive this is an option...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rick B
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your comments. We are glad you found the hotel conveniently located and hope you found the rooms comfortable enough to enjoy your stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was traveling for business and choose this hotel because of the localization and Gym. The hotel has a great breakfast, didn't like the reception treatment, I think they need to be more friendly. The gym and SPA are perfect with excellent machines and space. The room could be better, it was quite old and for the brand of the hotel it should have more space.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jucavalcanti

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Beverly Hilton and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and will help us make improvements to our services and amenities. We are very glad you found the spa and gym to your liking. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with husband and 10 year old daughter. I paid first night with points since I am Hilton Gold member. We were upgraded to 8th floor deluxe with balcony. View was great although there is construction to be seen. The spa like bathroom was spacious and relaxing. Beds comfortable.
We enjoyed the pool. It can be challenging to find loungers and I did need to flag down a staff member to get old towels off abandoned loungers and set us up. The old school feel is still there and I did feel pampered. The pool, although busy even with a child's birthday party, never felt overcrowded.
We had vouchers for continental buffet breakfast and fruit was fresh, bagels tasty and nice smoked salmon were some if the offerings we tried.
Rosa our waitress was charming and made us feel welcome.
We did not stay in oasis section which other reviews have stated need remodel. We enjoyed a warm welcome with front desk and competent understated service throughout our stay. The $40.00 parking charge per day is hard to swallow but hey it's LA.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Beverly Hilton. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and will take them into serious consideration as we always strive to improve our services and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights at the beginning of August. I thought the lobby was gorgeous and my room was very nice as well, although small. Upon checkin, I was greeted warmly and the bell staff and desk attendants were courteous and well-informed. The lobby itself was immaculate and very pretty.

My room was on the 7th floor. It had clearly recently been updated/rennovated and was spotless. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious with a separate shower (no tub) and toilet. My only complaint about the shower was that it was a bit awkward to shave your legs in there as there was no bench or ledge. Also, the water pressure was not the greatest, but in all fairness, I may have been able to adjust it on the shower head. I just did not try.

Some people have complained about noise -- I had no issues with noise whatsoever. In fact, I found the room, and entire floor, to be very quiet. Plus, the blackout curtains really made the room DARK, so I got very good sleep. My HVAC did not appear to work at all times, but it did not really cause me any issues. I had access to the wifi and had no issues there as well.

I booked two appointments in the spa for me and my husband, and we had a very nice experience there. We had breakfast at the restaurant by the pool, and it was just average -- your typical hotel breakfast buffet. Nothing outstanding but certainly very edible. It was $30 per person, which seems about right for a hotel in Beverly Hills. We spent a little time at the pool, but it was very crowded and most of the chairs were already reserved, so it made for a somewhat unpleasant experience. Also, there were a lot of children there.

I have stayed in Hilton's I like better, but overall this was a very nice place in a great location for me. I would consider staying again, but the rates are a bit high -- again, location, location, location!

This property did not disappoint and certainly met all of my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jag_7896

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and sincerely regret the small challenges you experienced. Guests’ feedback is very important to us and we will take your comments into serious consideration. We hope you will stay with us again. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next visit even more enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My room did not meet expectations due to location facing entrance and construction with dirty roof top to view from balcony, in addition to the noise of construction. The suite was very small and not what I expected. Poor internet access. The pool and the pool staff were awesome - too bad I couldn't have slept there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Michelle S

Thank you for letting us know about the things you enjoyed during your recent visit as well as areas where we can improve. We regret that you were not satisfied with your room and apologize for the noise from the nearby construction project. We hope you will give us another opportunity to offer you a more overall enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was supposed to stay here for six nights but ended up cutting my stay short due to not being able to sleep well at night (due to traffic and construction noise outside the hotel). Also, I had trouble being able to control the temperature in my rooms (I switched rooms after the first night, thinking that the problems were due to the room I was given and not the hotel itself, but my second room -- which was on their penthouse level - was still very noisy and cold. The person at the front desk with whom I spoke told me that the HVAC is controlled centrally and there is only a limited range which guests can adjust).

The only positive factor - and the reason I am giving the hotel three stars and not two stars - is that the management did make an effort to reach out to me when they found out I wasn't happy to see if there was anything they could do to help (they also were very nice in helping me switch rooms after the first night).

But I will definitely not stay here again, and I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who is a light sleeper or who likes to have control over the temperature in his or her room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We sincerely regret that you were not able to sleep well. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a pleasant, restful stay and we apologize that we were not able to meet your needs and expectations. Thank you for highlighting our team’s efforts. We hope you reconsider and choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I grew up here in LA and drove by this iconic place several times a week and finally decided I had to see and experience the inside. I was of course setting myself up for a huge disappointment since I had built it up in my head so much. NOT disappointing at all! Glamorous, swanky and elegant are the 3 words I would use. The service is amazing too. Only surprises were that you have to get on "the list" to get lounge chairs at the pool (like getting a table at a restaurant) and there's no coffee maker in the room. Rooms are gorgeous and the pillows are supreme.

Stayed: August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#13 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!