“A classic hotel”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A classic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

You have just got to love this classic hotel famous for the golden globes each year. It may not be as chic as the Wiltshire but I loved everything about it! Thinking of the history of the building and what walls could say if they could talk about the celebrity parties that were held here in its hey day. I'm glad it's kept so traditional. Loved our cabana room and highlight was the outdoor movies shown by the pool on the large screen (wall). Loved it

• Stayed September 2013
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Beverly Hilton and for your positive comments. We are very proud of our Hollywood history and are honored that it left such an impression on you. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Spanish Fort, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is beautiful, comfortable and in the perfect location to enjoy Beverly Hills and surrounding Los Angeles attractions. Went on businesss but thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Room was very comfortable and staff and concierge staff were very helpful and knowledgable to help plan my free time while I was there for a conference.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Laura T
Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our team members to be helpful and knowledgeable. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at The Beverly Hilton as a last night splurge ending our week long vacation in Southern California. We redeemed Hilton HHonors points and booked a Pool View Cabana room with 2 Double Beds for our family of 4. We arrived around 12:30 to find our room ready so we got in and situated. I wouldn't recommend these rooms if you need an elevator, because this wing with 2 floors is only accessible by stairs. The room was not great. It smelled kind of old, and just could use a facelift. The room was clean and the bathroom was nice, albeit the shower head was very low. It was the typical Hilton bed and amenities, but the Bose radio was nice. If I paid full price for the room, I wouldn't be thrilled. As a HHonors Gold Member, we received complimentary internet and breakfast in the restaurant Circa 55. Rosa was our server and was fantastic. She takes great pride in getting to know her guests and take care of them and is a great asset to the hotel. The breakfast was very nice with many options in the buffet. Checking in and out of the hotels at peak times takes a very long time. You will find yourself waiting around 20-30 minutes just to reach the front desk. Parking at the hotel is $40 for both Valet and Self, typical for any LA hotel of quality. The pool at the hotel is fantastic. It's very large, with lots of loungers to relax. The entire area had a great atmosphere. Would I stay here again, I don't think so. However, it was fun for one night but not again.

Room Tip: Cabana rooms are easy to get in and out, but people seem to enjoy the Deluxe rooms. There are many o...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on the final night of your Southern California vacation. We appreciate you letting us know about the things you enjoyed during your stay, as well as areas where we can improve. Guests’ feedback is very important to us. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again in the future.
Scottsdale, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

They did not have a room for me when I had a reservation and a deposit! Then, I was shipped off to the Hyatt for a night because the hotel was apparently "at capacity" despite my reservation. I was given a attitude and given a hard time from Hilton staff about paying for the return taxi the next morning because the night manager had not provided me with a taxi voucher (although she stated they would pay due to their mistake). I made my reservation months in advance because I was attending a continuing education conference and put a night deposit down. The couple checking in directly in front of me were attending the same conference and had a room available! I was told my room would be upgraded due to the "inconvenience" (I would say it was MUCH more than an inconvenience), however, the upgrade was a room with a balcony overlooking an ugly rooftop facing a busy street where I could hear traffic even with the sliding doors closed! The website advertises these rooms as "spa bathrooms", however, they are simply regular bathrooms with showers only. I would expect a "spa bathroom" to have a separate tub at the very least. I requested a room change at that point, to which I was told I would be changed to a room without a balcony. At this point, I was exhausted from the previous experience and just wanted to settle into a room for the remainder of my stay. I agreed to whatever was available. In the new room, I tried to unwind by taking a bath in the deteriorating shower-tub combo only to find a pubic hair... disgusting!! Needless to say I carefully showered the remainder of my stay, but having used a coffee grind body scrub I knew the housekeeper never thoroughly cleaned the tub because there were clearly reminants on the tub ledge daily. The pool was not nearly what you would expect and I can only imagine how much bacteria those rafts carry. The only positive thing I can comment about the Beverly Hilton is Fredrick, the house car driver, was very informative, kind, and helpful. He went out of his way to assist me, even working a few minutes past his shift. Fredrick mentioned that instead of the hassle of the taxi the morning of the conference and moving from Hyatt back to the Hilton, the Hilton should have offered the complimentary car service. Why wasn't this arranged by the night manager who overbooked and sent me to Hyatt?! After I had checked out, I was approached by a manger and offered complimentary lunch for my troubles but I was already checked out so what good was that?! I NEVER would stay here again. Not worth the stars it's rated or the money they charge!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jamie B
We sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during your visit. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know that our guests deserve better. We are reaching out to you directly to offer our apology and see what we may be able to do to make up for the disappointing experience. We hope you will give us an opportunity to show you our typical high level of service.
Bethesda, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times before, but this time the service was terrible. The room was located in the heart of a busy section of the pool, the noise at night in the Cabana rooms was deafening. The pool/bar music didn't stop until midnight each night. Mind you I am a Diamond Member, and they gave me one of the worse possible cabana rooms. One night a group of drunk guests sat at the table and chairs outside our room--the patio area associated with the room. The group was loud and laughing and tried to open the window doors to our room. I had to call security to remove them. Had security been vigilant they should have never allowed bar guests to sit outside the cabana rooms. Housekeeping was another disaster, despite calls to clean the room when we left, we'd return hours later to find the room not cleaned. One night it was 10:30 pm before the room was cleaned; at that hour we had to go to the bar to wait for the room to be done. And the sheets weren't even changed! Lax housekeeping happened everyday during our 4-night stay. Finally, the wireless is so slow that it is pointless to use. I don't know why this property is being so mismanaged but that is the case. I can't in good conscience recommend this hotel; what a shame.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Felix S
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We sincerely regret that you did not have a pleasant stay and apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests. We will certainly bring this issue to the attention of our security team. We will also reach out to you directly to offer our apologies and make it up to you. We hope we can restore your faith in our property.
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Do not expect incredible rooms here! The Beverly Hilton is all about the proximity to Rodeo Drive. The rooms themselves are Ok and the hotel could use updating but looking at the pool area from the upper balcony I could picture swanky parties back in the day when this place would have been where all the stars gathered. Trader Vics was good but the drinks were pricey....kind of expected with where I was.

Do not go to this place if you are wanting the best of the best but if you want to be in Beverly hills and close to Rodeo Drive this is an option...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rick B
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your comments. We are glad you found the hotel conveniently located and hope you found the rooms comfortable enough to enjoy your stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Recife, PE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was traveling for business and choose this hotel because of the localization and Gym. The hotel has a great breakfast, didn't like the reception treatment, I think they need to be more friendly. The gym and SPA are perfect with excellent machines and space. The room could be better, it was quite old and for the brand of the hotel it should have more space.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jucavalcanti
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Beverly Hilton and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Your feedback is very important to us and will help us make improvements to our services and amenities. We are very glad you found the spa and gym to your liking. We hope to welcome you back again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!