“Dirty Room” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Dirty Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed here in August with family for a trip. The room was so dirty and small and we had a room overlooking a construction site !
When I went to the desk to ask to be moved, I was met with a very unfriendly unhelpful man who told me to wait while he got someone to help me. The head of housekeeping was sent out, why I don't know as I had asked to be moved. He explained there wasn't much he could do but would send someone to clean the room. By this time everyone was asleep on our room which made it very awkward when housekeeping came to tidy up. Generally no one was very helpful at all which I was very dissapointed in.The room really was dirty I have uploaded some pictures of the dust on our bedside table. Would never reccomend or return. Very dated too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SDhillon2013
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the condition of your room. We always strive to provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment for all guests and regret that this was not your impression. We will share the challenges you experienced with our management team and work to make necessary changes to prevent such issues for future guests. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stated 3 days for a business trip. Check-in was poor-very under staffed and my room was not ready until much later in the day. Other than check-in, I was underwhelmed by the facilities for such a pricey hotel. However, the location is very close to century city, etc.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Drew S
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry that you were underwhelmed by our amenities. We always strive to deliver exceptional service and guest experience and regret that this was not your impression. We hope you will allow us to provide you with a better stay in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I stayed her for our first leg of our honeymoon and it didn't disappoint. Checking in was very quick and the guy serving us was very helpful and due to us being on our honeymoon were upgraded. The room was spacious, very clean and modern. We stayed for 5 nights and had room service twice which was fantastic, very quick service both times and the food was of excellent quality.

Regarding positions, this hotel is as good as it gets within LA in my opinion, walking distance to Rodeo Drive and you are able to pick up the "hop-on-hop-off" bus right outside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank tjr985
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Beverly Hilton on your honeymoon. We are honored to be part of you celebration. We are glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

As soon as we arrived we felt like film stars! The room was good with two huge beds and a view of the small fountain. We stayed in the Oasis rooms rather than the Wilshire Tower where Whitney died. The hotel had a great pool area and actually hosted a party for Katy Perry while we were there! As guest we could still use the pool but a private section was cordoned off - but we could still see! The location is not great - but L.A is like that everything is spaced out. It took a ten minute walk to Century Mall to see some life away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Oasis Room - very peaceful away from the main hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hilton during your visit to L.A. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. For our guests convenience we offer complimentary chauffeured transportation to the Century City Mall and shopping and dining in Beverly Hills within one mile of the hotel. We hope to welcome you back for another relaxing stay.
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Loved this elegant hotel. Upon check in we were upgraded to a Penthouse suite! We did have a long wait to receive our room, but they did make up for it with a free in room breakfast. We loved out stay!

Fast and wonderful service. Hotel was gorgeous. Would stay again.

Only one comment would be that the pool area is only sunny in the morning/early afternoon. We typically like to enjoy the pool at the end of the day. Therefore it was not ideal for us.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for sharing you comments with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us overall. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again if your travels bring you to the area.
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is one of my favourites. I loved everything about it. The rooms were lovely, the grounds were perfect, the staff were amazing.

The entire hotel is immaculate. Any request can always be accommodated. Housekeeping was some of the best I have ever seen. The concierge staff were so knowledgeable - something I feel is really lacking at most hotels these days

The gym was so well equipped, and the pool area was beautiful. The only criticism I have is of the management of the sun beds - no one really kept track of the open bed properly and we ended up waiting for a long time on both days.

I really loved the area and enjoyed wandering around Beverly Hills in the morning

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are honored to be considered among your favorite hotels. We appreciate your suggestions and will be sure to make necessary adjustment to further enhance our services and amenities. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I just stayed at the Beverly Hilton while on a business trip to LA. I needed to get a hotel at the last minute because the Hyatt Century Plaza wanted to charge me $50 per night to shorten a multinight reservation (an ordinary one, not some special deal) by one night. I cancelled that reservation and went to the Hilton, which offered me a great rate and upgraded me to a Tower room (I'm in their loyalty program).
Location in Beverly Hills is great. Reception was friendly and efficient, valet parking (while pretty expensive) was among the best I've experienced. The room was freshly renovated, with a big balcony, and very pretty. The public areas were also very clean and nicely decorated. Lobby is stunning--big, beautiful, and impressive. I didn't use the leisure facilities, but the pool looked beautiful and everyone I saw seemed to be having a great time. Wifi was fast and reliable.
I used the restaurant several times for breakfasts and dinner. The buffet breakfast was nothing special, but it was included in my package. Other meals were excellent and taken around the pool area to enjoy the lovely weather and great views.
I will definitely return to this hotel when back in LA. I've stayed at nearby hotels with higher rankings at TripAdvisor, spent more, and had a much less satisfactory experience.

Room Tip: The Tower is very nice--spacious rooms, very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the compliments and positive feedback. We are delighted to hear about your recent experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to L.A. and please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!