“Average at best. Poor at worst.”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I can't believe other reviews I've read that suggest this place is 'good value' at $400 a night. I must be missing something. Everything about this hotel is average. The room is just nowhere near a $400 a night price.... I just don't get it.
I stayed here for business. I needed to print something for a meeting so I asked if they had a business centre. They do. First of all to use a computer there costs $3.75 for 15 minutes. (yes you read that correctly.... nearly $4 bucks to use a desktop computer for fifteen minutes). On top of that I needed to print 2 copies of a twenty page presentation. No problem, I just needed to pay $1 PER PAGE for black and white printing. So 2x copies of a presentation and 15 minutes of computer use set me back nearly fifty dollars. I've stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world, I don't recall ever being ripped off like that. Free wifi? Nope.
I won't be staying here again. Period.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TRHK007
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We sincerely apologize that you were disappointed in the value of our property. While many hotels charge for business center and printing services, we appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration as we work to enhance our services and amenities for business as well as leisure travelers. We hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to welcome you for a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

From Beverly Hills heading west to Santa Monica, it's hard to get a quality hotel and a reasonable price (sub $400). The Beverly Hilton ran me about $220/night, which was very reasonable for the area. Although this area attracts money and arrogance, Beverly Hilton does a great job at treating everyone with a high level quality of service. From the very start the Hilton does a great job with service at the Valet. The $40 price is normal for the area and the team is very friendly. I loved the added touch of adding little bottles of cold water to your car when they bring it to you. The front staff was also friendly and check-in was quick and easy.

The room was your basic Hilton Hotel room that was nice and comfortable, but no thrills. My room faced a construction project that added noise and an unpleasant view. I also can't stand that you can go to a $60/night motel and get free Wi-Fi, but not the Beverly Hilton.

But overall it wasn't bad and I'd stay there again. I prefer boutique hotels but when in this area, the Beverly Hilton is a great value for the price. I'm sure I will be staying there again in the future.

Room Tip: Ensure it's not facing any construction work or busy streets.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Newyorker2LA

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our recent stay with us. For our guests’ convenience we offer complimentary WiFi in all public areas. We are happy to hear that you will stay with us again and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your next visit more enjoyable.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed here in August with family for a trip. The room was so dirty and small and we had a room overlooking a construction site !
When I went to the desk to ask to be moved, I was met with a very unfriendly unhelpful man who told me to wait while he got someone to help me. The head of housekeeping was sent out, why I don't know as I had asked to be moved. He explained there wasn't much he could do but would send someone to clean the room. By this time everyone was asleep on our room which made it very awkward when housekeeping came to tidy up. Generally no one was very helpful at all which I was very dissapointed in.The room really was dirty I have uploaded some pictures of the dust on our bedside table. Would never reccomend or return. Very dated too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SDhillon2013

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the condition of your room. We always strive to provide a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment for all guests and regret that this was not your impression. We will share the challenges you experienced with our management team and work to make necessary changes to prevent such issues for future guests. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stated 3 days for a business trip. Check-in was poor-very under staffed and my room was not ready until much later in the day. Other than check-in, I was underwhelmed by the facilities for such a pricey hotel. However, the location is very close to century city, etc.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Drew S
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry that you were underwhelmed by our amenities. We always strive to deliver exceptional service and guest experience and regret that this was not your impression. We hope you will allow us to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I stayed her for our first leg of our honeymoon and it didn't disappoint. Checking in was very quick and the guy serving us was very helpful and due to us being on our honeymoon were upgraded. The room was spacious, very clean and modern. We stayed for 5 nights and had room service twice which was fantastic, very quick service both times and the food was of excellent quality.

Regarding positions, this hotel is as good as it gets within LA in my opinion, walking distance to Rodeo Drive and you are able to pick up the "hop-on-hop-off" bus right outside the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tjr985

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Beverly Hilton on your honeymoon. We are honored to be part of you celebration. We are glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

As soon as we arrived we felt like film stars! The room was good with two huge beds and a view of the small fountain. We stayed in the Oasis rooms rather than the Wilshire Tower where Whitney died. The hotel had a great pool area and actually hosted a party for Katy Perry while we were there! As guest we could still use the pool but a private section was cordoned off - but we could still see! The location is not great - but L.A is like that everything is spaced out. It took a ten minute walk to Century Mall to see some life away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Oasis Room - very peaceful away from the main hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing The Beverly Hilton during your visit to L.A. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. For our guests convenience we offer complimentary chauffeured transportation to the Century City Mall and shopping and dining in Beverly Hills within one mile of the hotel. We hope to welcome you back for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Loved this elegant hotel. Upon check in we were upgraded to a Penthouse suite! We did have a long wait to receive our room, but they did make up for it with a free in room breakfast. We loved out stay!

Fast and wonderful service. Hotel was gorgeous. Would stay again.

Only one comment would be that the pool area is only sunny in the morning/early afternoon. We typically like to enjoy the pool at the end of the day. Therefore it was not ideal for us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for sharing you comments with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us overall. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again if your travels bring you to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Hollywood
Loews Hollywood Hotel
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#20 of 355 in Los Angeles
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!