“Extrememly disappointed!!”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Claremont, United States
“Extrememly disappointed!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I booked a night at the hotel for my first wedding anniversary at this expensive hotel in the Beverly Hills - drinks and dinner and romantic evening with my husband.. The room was ordinary, the heating didn't work, no tea/coffee making services in the room, the shower flooded the bathroom and the staff in the bar and the restaurant seemed disinterested and provided extremely minimal service, then overcharged us! I will not return to this hotel. I have stayed in Hiltons all over the country and all over the world and have never been this disappointed!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the hassles you experienced during your recent stay with us. We appreciate that you chose to celebrate your first wedding anniversary at The Beverly Hilton and deeply regret that we were not able to provide you with a comfortable and memorable stay you deserve. Our team has been in touch with you directly to help “make it right.”

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 August 2014

if you have any other choice do not choose this hotel to stay. Everything is so expensive. They are selling a bottle of water for 12 dollars. The hair drier is not working. There is not wifi in the rooms.

Room Tip: if you cannot afford the most expensive rooms, you are not seen as a guest.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you were disappointed in the value of our property and if you were unaware of some of the charges. We worked with maintenance to address the issue with the hair drier, however, I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We will be in touch with you directly to see if there is anything we can do to make up for the disappointing experience.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Arrived here on 25th August for a 7 night stay. First impressions of the hotel were fab as the lobby looks grand. However, when we went to our room which was 2 x double bed standard room things soon changed, it was a very large room but it was very basic, old fashioned looking and in need of some tlc and a serious update. We then headed back down to the lobby and asked for an upgrade but even the cabana room we were offered raised some questions!! That in mind we stuck with our original room. I feel that the rooms in this hotel are poor and not what i was expecting for a Hilton hotel in beverly hills given the expense i paid!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Lucyej
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We regret that you were disappointed in the value of our property and in the appointment of your room. Guests’ feedback is very important to us and your comments will help us make improvements to our overall guest experience. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you.
Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Wonderful Aqua Star pool, with very attentive waiting staff. Provide water all day and treats such as fruit sticks, frozen grapes and freezes. Great Pool menu and drinks from Trader Vic's Dinner poolside dinning a special experience. Top Shelf.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your comments! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is our pleasure to make every guest's stay a special experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Kezzakeane
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed here from the 9th-23rd August 2014 with 1 friend in a double room in the Oasis section of the hotel. We were in room 6444 which on arrival we were told was an upgrade - because we gained a sofa! To stay in this hotel was a big deal for us - we are from the UK and personally this is the most money I've ever paid for a hotel ANYWHERE but for me this was a one off holiday so I wanted to stay somewhere special.
Room - no complaints really although honestly, why on earth you don't get Wi-Fi provided in the rooms is beyond me - and I know someone will comment 'Wi-Fi is provided for guests for free in the lobby' - but the lobby is not your room is it? And for the price you pay and for convenience sake, please, change it to the rooms - it's what us, the public want!!! I must say the bed I slept in was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and the pillows were superb - I miss the bed already!! The bathroom was a tad on the small side but was acceptable. It would have been nice to have a fridge in the room other than the one that was full of over-priced 'treats'. There was no room to keep even a small bottle of water - such a basic request but not available which was a pity. Everything is geared to get more money out of you!! The housekeeping service did a very good job so all in all we were happy with the room.
Pool - VERY small for such a large hotel, in fact I was surprised how small it was when we arrived. It did feel a bit like if you had money, you got a better deal at the pool area. We are not well off people - just regular folk having a holiday and didn't want to feel obliged to 'tip' to get a better sun-bed etc. It was highly annoying to see so many beds with 'reserved' signs on them - sometimes for hours at a time being un-used which was a total waste and not very fair surely? It would be nice if there was some kind of pool bar there rather than having to order {and tip!!!} from the pool guys.
Restaurant - thought they were over-priced and so only ate in them once. We reserved a table at Circa 55 and when we arrived we were sat in the Trader Vic lounge {although the Circa restaurant was almost empty!} and felt like we weren't good enough for the 'posh' restaurant!! You almost felt like people were giving you funny looks, like you didn't belong in there or something! Not very relaxing to be honest....I guess it is all about money sometimes.
Concierge - we used the concierge desk for a number of things including a few extra trips we did. I have to give a mention to Sean who was by far the best one on there and always had time to help you thoroughly and not rush you to make a decision!
Location - honestly it depends what you're looking for. We struggled to find places to eat at night - well, anywhere 'normal' and not mega expensive. You have to walk a long way to find more options. It was nice being central to Santa Monica and Hollywood Boulevard {the 720 bus is very handy although very busy and slow!} but in terms of dining out, yes you are limited.
Front desk - for guests like us who had paid a LOT of money for a 2 week stay it was highly disappointing and annoying to not be allowed a late check-out even though we'd asked a few days earlier - nope, you can only ask on departure day which seems like madness. We had a long wait to leave for our flight home and could've spent the time doing something more productive like being by the pool or last minute shopping etc - but no, we were out the room and waiting for hours for our airport transfer as we were not able to keep the room on. I did say to the lady on reception I thought we might have been worthy of a goodwill gesture due to the length of our stay there but nope, it wasn't to be!
To summarise yes this is a lovely property but I always had a feeling like we were not worthy of staying there - maybe I was just paranoid but some people did make you feel this way. Things like Wi-Fi in rooms are basic requirements of guests, as is a fridge surely!? Anyway....we had a great holiday but I think in future I'd choose somewhere else. Oh one more thing....the lady in the gift-shop was so miserable and looked at me like I was trash! She dropped my change into my hand from a great height like she didn't want to touch me or something!! Please tell her that politeness costs nothing!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kezzakeane
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Beverly Hilton during your visit to the area and for taking the time to write this review. It is our goal to provide every guest with a welcoming and friendly service and we sincerely regret that this was not your impression. For our guests’ convenience we offer complimentary in-room mini refrigerators upon request. We appreciate your feedback and will take your comments into serious consideration as we work to enhance our guest services. We hope you will stay with us again.
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights with my family. The room was great , beds were comfortable and staff was friendly. But unfortunately on the 4th day coming back from a day out we realized that 200 dollars of my step daughter's pocket money went missing and after reporting it to security and manager they said that they wouldn't refund us the money !!!!! We didn't expect this to happen in a highly rated hotel .really disappointed!!!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pablo M
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. The safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance and our security team is continuing to conduct a thorough internal investigation. We will continue to stay in touch with you and keep you updated on all developments. We deeply regret that this situation put a damper on your otherwise great stay.
Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I can't believe other reviews I've read that suggest this place is 'good value' at $400 a night. I must be missing something. Everything about this hotel is average. The room is just nowhere near a $400 a night price.... I just don't get it.
I stayed here for business. I needed to print something for a meeting so I asked if they had a business centre. They do. First of all to use a computer there costs $3.75 for 15 minutes. (yes you read that correctly.... nearly $4 bucks to use a desktop computer for fifteen minutes). On top of that I needed to print 2 copies of a twenty page presentation. No problem, I just needed to pay $1 PER PAGE for black and white printing. So 2x copies of a presentation and 15 minutes of computer use set me back nearly fifty dollars. I've stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world, I don't recall ever being ripped off like that. Free wifi? Nope.
I won't be staying here again. Period.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TRHK007
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We sincerely apologize that you were disappointed in the value of our property. While many hotels charge for business center and printing services, we appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration as we work to enhance our services and amenities for business as well as leisure travelers. We hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to welcome you for a more enjoyable stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!