“Not bad but nothing special”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
London
“Not bad but nothing special”
Reviewed 9 January 2009

We were offered a upgrade upon check in to the Towers room which was spacious and had a big bathroom, we had to request slippers and a coffee maker but were provided straight away. We found the check in staff, conceirge, valet staff and room service good enough. Location was great. Definately over priced though, also we were there over Christmas period so was very quiet no conventions or anything else going on, staff actually seemed a bit bored!! Would return here though.

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank Summana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed 6 January 2009

There are plenty of other options available to you, so better your BH experience and stay elsewhere.

My experience of the Hilton was rude checkin staff assigning me an unserviced room at 8.30 pm.....unacceptable for the price you pay here. Then to top it off she thought it would be OK with me that I should pay extra for a higher roon type due to my assigned room not being ready !!!!

We were never greeted when entering and leaving the lobby by the staff nor did concierge extend any warmth when giving me lapsy daisy directions to Santa Monica resulting in me accidently catching the bus in the wrong direction !!!.....my fault but I'm blaming them anyway !!!

I hear the Luxe Hotel is worth every cent. Will try my luck here if there's a next time.

• Liked — Pool Area & Trader Vics
  • Disliked — Checkin Staff
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim-Troy
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2009

The Beverly Hilton looked pretty nice from the outside with a retro styling, but the standard rooms were just that - pretty standard. Although it did have a flat screen television and comfortable beds, the room was quite small and it didn't feel like you were in Beverly hills. Given the high profile of this hotel we were disappointed but then again room rates were standard too; at $199 a night, although room costs were increased by : no coffee maker in the room - which was a bit mean - although Starbucks coffee avaialable from foyer at $9 for 2 cups.... and parking is $26 a day. The pool was freezing cold. We ate in Trader Vic's lounge (good bar snacks) and in the main restauarnat, which was OK, nothing special. Oh and it took ages to check in - then front desk rang the room to say they didn't have a credit card imprint, (although they took the card at check-in) and asked us to come down asap to pay!

Stayed December 2008
2 Thank janeymcp
California
Reviewed 29 December 2008

Had high expectations (probably too high) for this hotel. After all, it's been frequented by some of Hollywood's most famous stars and it's home to the Golden Globe Awards ceremony. So I had high hopes that our stay would be a memorable one. As it turned out, the thing that I'll probably remember the most is the $20 bagel with smoked salmon on the breakfast menu. 20 dollars for a bagel! At a Hilton!

Other than being overpriced, it's not bad. Positives include a very convenient location, friendly service, a large pool area, and a decent gym. But for the most part, the hotel is nothing special. There is one all-purpose restaurant, a small Trader Vic's lounge, and a lobby bar. That's it for dining and entertainment. The interior is reasonably fresh, but overall, the hotel comes across as an aging Hollywood star that just had a facelift. This was the tenth different Hilton group hotel that I've stayed in over the last twelve months and as a hotel experience, it only beat out two airport Hiltons. I'd take a nice Third World Hilton, like Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur, over the Beverly Hilton any time.

• Liked — Good location, professional service.
  • Disliked — Overpriced for a hotel that's really nothing special.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SFRudy
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 December 2008

My wife and I stayed here on our first night in LA and we were delighted with the place. First, the location is superb - it's within walking distance of all the best shops on Rodeo Drive, not that anyone walks anywhere in LA. We actually stayed here on the night that former NC senator John Edwards was busted by the press while seeing his ex-lover but there was no sign of anything untoward the next day. The room was so comfortable, with a really big and soft bed and an impressively sized flat screen.

The breakfast was fabulous and we really loved eating by the pool. It's a smart, upmarket place in the heart of Beverley Hills and I don't think I'd even bother looking for another hotel in LA if I went again.

• Liked — An amazing breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — Extortionate car parking charges
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Critix
Netherlands
Reviewed 18 December 2008

from november 16th till november 23rd i was a guest in this hotel. The hotel is superb !
I stayed in the oasis room, just great, most luxury, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud.
At the reception, every question was answered very friendly.
The breakfast is great!
During my stay there was a conference of 5 days with all governors from accross the country.
It was like beiing in a movie, hundreds beautiful people and very nice cars, entertainment and a lot of security,cameracrew.
My stay at this hotel was fabulous, and i will advise it for shure to others.
Bus transportation is good, $5 for one day on any busline.TIP: I went to Santa Monica, by bus.
From Santa Monica I walked to Venice beach (many great vieuws) then to Malibu by bus, just beautiful.

Yvonne The Netherlands

• Liked — Luxury (bed)
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
4 Thank YvonneNetherlands
Texarkana, TX
Reviewed 30 November 2008

For a middle-class male on vacation in Oct, that is the only way to describe it.
With the advice from a friend, I locked in my rates two or three months in advance. I paid the lowest rate expecting a normal 'King' in the Oasis. To my surprise on check-in, I was given a 'King Superior' in the Wilshire Tower.
Likewise, was I surprised when entering the bathroom? Instead of the toilet being out in the open, it is in a separate space with a glass door. Also, there is only a shower with a glass door. A glass wall separates them. Beside the lavatory is a 13 in TV So I was able to watch the news while shaving.

Rates- I would say it depends on what size room you want as if the rates are too high or not; however, take these into consideration- It is centrally located so you can walk to many places instead of driving your car and hunting parking places, It Is on the intersection on two of the main streets in LA so bus stops are plentiful, and It is a hotel that most tour companies offer hotel pick up.

If you like sun bathing or an avid swimmer, there are restrooms on the patio beside the pool for your conveneince instead of dripping water on the carpet inside.

While many reveiws are negative about the lobby being crowded and having a hard time checking in, I had no trouble. That may depend on what time of the day you arrive and how conventions are happening. When you stay at a hotel that has 10 conference rooms, three ballrooms, four including the pool, and two lobbies, you can expect large crowds.

The food was good, but a bit expensive- $29 for a buffet breakfast that was not much more than a continual breakfast and $49 for brunch on Sunday.

I have stayed in many 4-star hotel chains (including Hilton) and this is the first time I have not seen biscuits and gravy on a buffet breakfast. I am from Texas and was told that this is the LA pattern.

Overall, I say my trip was worthwhile and will stay there again.

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank GEW925
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!