4,084 results
All reviewstrader vicswilshire towercabana roomoasis towergolden globesrodeo driveself parkingiconic hotelpool arealobby barsanta monicaper dayred carpetjunior suitean upgradecoffee makerstandard room
Reviewed 18 November 2009

First disclaimer: I had a room in the Oasis building, which I think is the "lite" version of the rest of the hotel (has a nice view of parking structure, for example). Second disclaimer: I was only there about 7 hours, having been sent there by a downtown hotel (Hilton Checkers) that didn't have a room for me, notwithstanding a r-e-s-e-r-v-a-t-i-o-n.

The TV alone is worth 2 stars. Large flatscreen with excellent picture and sound. Bedding was excellent. Bathroom good-sized, but lighting was a little, just a little, dim. Work area was good, with good room lighting. Mini-bar well-stocked. Quiet room -- at least as far as hearing other rooms and hall. But the AC/heater was not so cool. It was like having a 747, OK, a 737, in the room. I'm a heavy sleeper, but I had to turn it off, which then led to waking up cold during the night. That's not what you want happening, especially in a hotel at this price point. The desk staff was friendly and the doorman was helpful in finding a cab that would take plastic. I'd try the place again for the right price, and would make sure the AC/heater wasn't so noisy before agreeing to the assigned room. For all the hoopla with the name, however, this was a little below expectations . . . but that TV makes me willing to put up with the hiccups (except for the AC unit) again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank tonybruin92
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Very nice hotel, located on the edge of Beverly Hill. Expensive and they have a lot of meetings and conferences on, but apart from that a lovely hotel. NIce pool area, but no free Wi Fi.

Apart from that a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2009

We stayed here for two nights at the end of our visit to california.
The hotel is charming, it may be dated in appearence but it does not lack in style , comfort and it is certainly not shabby.
There were lots of great photos all over the place showing the stars that have been there.We loved it and were made to feel very welcome.The rooms were comfortable.we had two doubles for the 4 of us and that was fine ( probably would have been cramped if our stay was much longer).
The service was really good but parking is a bit pricey but understand that is common in all LA hotels.
It was very convenient for Rodeo drive, we walked there and many good restaurants are within walking distance.
Would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Great hotel in a brilliant location for exploring Beverly Hills and beyond. Five minutes walk to Rodeo Drive and the Pretty Woman hotel. Felt a very safe location which is a lot to ask in Los Angeles!! Rooms were lovely with two double comfy beds - good decor and nice bathroom. Staff very pleasant - pool and gym very good - gym is free to use as well which is a rarity in some US hotels!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Lightyearz_B
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Ive frequented this property 3 - 6 times a year for 20+ years, usually due to industry events being held on property, and seen it pass remodeling and owners (Merv did it best) I used a free 2 nite stay I won at a charity auction. still with parkinga nd extras ran about 150.00 a day. Thsi was my first visit in 2 years. she isnt holding up well.

The BH is a nostalgic hotel riding from its old reputation and events that are often on location. The continental breakfast buffet (cold) was typical and nothing special- including due ot my frequent guest program level (price for 2 approx 53.00). The hot breakfast upgradable is meek and the omelet statiom its only saving grace. The classic eggs benedict which used to be on the buffet was gone and sorely missed. Though must say servcie was excellent.My voucher was for a deluxe towers room, and my Freq Guest pgm even granted a further upgrade. The sink stopper was broken, toilet handle kept it running-had to jiggle it, bed sloped significantly on right side..small things but inconvenient at for a 500 rack rate room unacceptable. I broke my habit and did nOT complain, frankly did nnt want to move.....had dinner ona Saturday night in circa 55, They also offer the trader vics restauarant menu which used to have outstanding service. a very quiet nite , was sat right next to another couple, maybe 6 diners in the entire place why must we be on top of others?. The food was AVERAGE, potatoes came cold. Server tried his best but is from teh dont-know-embellish and guess school of character. Dessert was an assortment of desserts that Ralphs could have provided. for a bill at 200+ for 2 people. COMPED, we had to pay for alchohol only. I still felt ripped off. SLOW slwo service, that typical "poor servcie and food when business is slow" was loud and clear.. Self parking at 29.00 is imho quite high, Room service menue and mini bar were..exhorbinant doesnt quite describe it. 6.50 for a coke plus 20% fee and service charge..im ll for profit ....when earned. This was my first trip w/o room service not having bullets on which to bite.. RANDOM RANTS: Check in desk and concierge are knowlegable and friendly. Made a fuss in a good way over my small pet. Amenities, sopas etc are quality but strong scented. Plasma tv was nice but dark. balcony was not secure so lock it when not in room. Tiolet paper was omg awful. The Beverly Hilton is an aged movie star who needs a makeover and adjustment.. Living on its old reputation, perfect location and your desire for the property to succeed.. You want it to be great, but the magic is gone as said before if you get a great deal try it otherwise there are many options

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business