“Beautifiul on the inside”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautifiul on the inside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2007

This hotel is dated on the outside but beautiful on the inside. Hotel staff was amazing!!! Tip-hotel offers FREE car service in a nice ride (I got anew BMW) to take us out to eat and pick us up. Nice 42" TV's in each room.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank momof3atl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2007

Stayed at the Hilton for one night on April 12th. The check in was fast and friendly. The room was well laid out, the bed was awesome, and the room had a large flat screen T.V. The furnishings were in excellent shape and the room was clean. Had the breakfast buffet in the morning and were pleased with the service provided. All in all I would highly recommend staying here if you enjoy an up scale experience.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Parking fees
2 Thank lizziebill
Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2007

Front desk staff could not find our booking for our room due to their misspelling of our name, eventually after about an hour we received our security cards for our room. We arrive at our room only to find one king size bed, we had asked for a room suitable for 2 adults two kids ie two double beds. My wife then goes back down to the front desk only to be told there are no more rooms of that description available (bearing in mind we had booked this back in November 2006), apart from a Cabana Room down by the poolside but there would be an increase in room rate by $25, rather than cause a fuss my wife duly paid the increase and off we went to our new allocated room. This room was no upgrade compared to the room we were just in, it was dark, dingy and opposite an ice machine which we heard for most of the night. Our room had a terrible smell to it and on investigation we found that a dirty diaper had been left in the bucket in our toilet. This was promptly removed to the lobby where it stayed all night without anybody moving it. I have since had my the cost of my stay refunded in full but at the time of going to press no apology from anybody regarding this matter. To coin a phrase the hotel is all 'Fur coat and no knickers'

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, Staff attidude, expensive for no luxury what so ever
5 Thank PARSRUS
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2007

We stayed here the first week of April. The hotel staff was great. The concierge staff was the most helpful I have ever found at a hotel anywhere. They went the extra step to help us find what we were looking for, either to shop or eat. They have a free shuttle service for the local area. The two restaurants on site were nice (Circa 55 and
Trader Vic's). Starbucks is across the street, however make sure you use the exit around to the right of the concierge stand to save yourself a long walk to and from. They have complimentary USA Today along with the LA and New York newspapers in the lobby. As others have said here, the beds are comfortable, the televisions were nice. Caution, the in room bar and snacks are VERY expensive, don't eat something before you know how much those M & M's cost, you might be surprised. Take a minute and try to go up to the 8th floor and wander into the party room and take in the view of the area from above, it is worth it. The Beverly Hilton is worth every penny, it is an expensive town to visit, but if you are looking for high end shopping, dining and night life this is the town and hotel for you.

• Liked — staff
5 Thank RGCCgolfer
New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2007

Stayed with my family 3/22-3/26. We had a great time on our vacation( West Hollywood, restaurants, beach) but the hotel was disappointing. We had to pay extra to stay in a room that matched the rooms advertised on the website. We had security at our door because my daughter was watching a cartoon at 10am that was too loud for guests(give me a break). The attitude at the hotel is too pretentious. I believe that a nice hotel should feel classy AND inviting. The hotel is located in a beautiful area. The parking garage was full when we returned from dinner one evening, so we had to pay extra for valet. Parking is $25.00-$29.00 per day. My husband did love the spa and said he had the best massage. Things will have to improve for me to return.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank LC76
Home - no place like it!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2007

My family and I spent four nights at the Beverly Hilton and loved every minute of it. Recently renovated, the rooms are very nice, clean and luxurious with flat screen televisions in the bedroom as well as the bathroom. Our room had a king size bed that was very comfortable and a well stocked "mini bar". The staff was very nice and prompt with any request we had. My children enjoyed the huge, heated pool. As far as dining, we had the breakfast buffet each morning at Circa 55 located on the Pool Level of the hotel. Great food and staff very friendly and accomodating. Trader Vic's is another restaurant located in the hotel. Food is good there, but not much of a selection for children. They prepared a cheeseburger (not on their menu) and french fries for my two daughters. My only suggestion if you are thinking about staying at this hotel, is to request a room with a pool view or at least something other than a "roof view" which is what we had. Because we reserved two rooms, one for my husband and myself and one for our daughters, and requested that they be connecting, we couldn't be too demanding as far as the view. We were very fortunate our last night as they were holding a Starlight-Starbright event there. One of the very nice "doormen" strategically located us just outside the front door so that we were up close and personal with the "stars" that were attending the event. My daughters were able to get their picture made with a very sweet Jamie Lee Curtis and the Cheetah Girls. We also saw Dr. Phil, and Smokey Robinson. We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — The view from our room
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank tonysbrowneyedgirl
Yorba Linda, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2007

I attended a work meeting here and stayed 2 nights. I had read on their web site about the Beverly Hills views from the rooms. However, being assigned to the Oasis Tower room, (3 rd floor) I had a view of a side street and ugly parking lot. The room was typical. I expected more of a WOW factor being in Beverly Hills. It was poorly lit with only a dim entry light, desk lamp and 1 night stand lamp in a double room. My air conditioner was so noisy I had to turn the TV way up to hear over it, and had to turn it off to sleep. By my second day stay, the thing did not work at all. I was going home so did not bother to complain. Walls seem rather thin as I could hear activities of my neighbors on either side. Toilet did this weird thing where it started randomly "running" at intervals which woke me up both nights. Room and BR were very clean with nice L'Occitane toiletries. The bed was very comfortable and immaculate, with 4 great pillows, feather bed and down comforter. Larger than average HD TV. I only ate the banquet food but it was definitely above average. Great service from everyone-bar tender, valet, gift shop personnel. Coworkers who stayed in the other tower apparently had a much better experience, so try not to get the Oasis wing if you go.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank MarenOC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!