“Great base for a stay in Beverley Hills.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Sheffield, England
“Great base for a stay in Beverley Hills.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2007

Stayed here for four nights on the return leg of a trip to Hawaii.
Initial impressions - fantastic - lobby area was very classy - marble everywhere, a huge glass frontage and wonderful orchid flower arrangements.
Our room was in the Oasis Tower which I don't think was the best tower to be in - the room looked like it had been given a quick lick of paint to freshen it up and the bathroom had some mould on the tiles. Air con was very noisy.
Having said all that, the room was clean and the beds were amazing - like sleeping on a cloud!!
Breakfast was delicious - $17 for continental buffet, great choice available - everything fresh and beautifully presented.
Only ate dinner once in the hotel restaurant - Circa 55 - we felt the restaurant and waiters had 'delusions of grandeur' the food was ok but the quality did not match the price and the restaurant had no atmosphere.
The final straw was when the waiter told us the wine we requested was not available and recommended an alternative - we had three glasses between us and were horrified when the bill came and we had been charged $22 per glass -$66 for three glasses of wine. To say we felt conned is an understatement!!
After this experience we went out to eat - found a lovely Italian on Santa Monica Blvd called Da Pasquale it is just round the corner from the hotel. Great atmosphere and service - food was delicious and wine was only $8 per glass!!!
Concierge was very helpful, offered advice and organised excursions for us - did the usual touristy things - tour of the homes of the stars, Universal Studios, Hollywood Blvd, Rodeo Drive.
We thought the hotel was not as ' up market' as its prices and attitudes would suggest but overall we did enjoy our stay and would stay there again.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank Dazzlers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Bloomfield, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2007

We stayed at the Beverly Hilton in June 2007 for 3 nights with our three children, ages 11, 8 & 6. The Lobby is beautiful. Check-in was flawless. The Beverly Hilton is perfectly situated near Rodeo Drive...perfect for shopping. However, the rooms are in need of renovation. . We loved the wide screen TV in the bedroom and the bathroom was quite large.

The swimming pool area was very nice. The pool staff were very attentive.

For the price we expected updated rooms. I would not recommend the Beverly Hilton. (unless the rooms have been updated).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank BelieverMI
unbaised4u2
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2007

Recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Bev Hilton and I must say I really enjoyed my stay although initially I encountered reservation problems. Seems they thought my mother, being 85 needed a handicap access although I indicated that this was not necessary. When the bellman (very polite and helpful) brought us to the room it was a cabana room but opened to look upon a stairwell and the ice machine. Needless to say I was not at all happy since I made specific reservations at least 2 months in advance and it wasto be a surprise trip for my mother's birthday. I asked this to be corrected and there was a 45 minute delay but they finally arranged to make a switch to the room I had reserved. The surprise however was spoiled at this point.
Pro's: The hotel is vintage 50's updated (loved the style)
Room service and pool side service, excellent!!
Beds very comfy.
Pool and lounge area the best!
Housekeeping and bell captains, parking valets all wonderful, great attitudes!
The salon- had my mom looking great!! Wonderful owners and stylist and great manicurist. All friendly and helpful

Con's: Front desk reservation staff- a bit cold, almost rude and not very helpful (too bad because everything else was so wonderful and as you know too well first impressions are everything.
The mixup on the reservation and delay was a bit unsettling and ruined the surprise I had intended.
At about 5:45am the poolmen/gardeners? started conversations directly outside our cabana patio door waking us up. They continued talking even after we tapped on the window for them to go away.
The room was a bit dusty.

All in all it was great although I have stayed at other area hotels with slightly less room rates but were just as nice.

• Liked — location, poolside
  • Disliked — not much helpful information about the hotel given out at check in
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Saratoga, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2007

Our family of 4 (children ages 14 and 11) just spent a long-weekend at the Beverly Hilton. We had a great stay except for recurring problems from housekeeping. The housekeeping manager needs some work!

First the positives:

When you enter the hotel, it is like stepping back in time to Hollywood in the mid-50's, but because of the recent remodel, everything is beautiful and looks brand new (just styled in that mid-50's style).

Because I am a Hilton Diamond member, I received an email from the general manager a few days before our stay confirming our stay and asking if we needed anything--a nice touch. We booked two rooms, and upon arrival, we were upgraded to a suite with an adjoining room--another nice touch. As a Diamond member, I also receive free internet access and free continental breakfast.

The rooms were large and recently remodeled. There were flat-screen TV's (3 in all), nice robes, and very comfortable beds.

The pool service was one of the best , similar to a Four Season's in Arizona or Hawaii. The pool attendant asked our names when we arrived, and he then proceeded to call us by name throughout the rest of our stay. He found lounge chairs for us, brought us towels, continued to ask if we needed anything, brought us complementary Fiji water, and even brought my daughter a complimentary fruit punch (that he said they had made by mistake and asked if she wanted it). I have never experienced this type of service at a Hilton. It was great!

The fitness center was much better than normal for a hotel, with plenty of cardio and weight equipment. There was complementary bottled water and oranges in the fitness center as well. The new spa, Aqua, was very nice for a small spa, and I had an excellent massage.

The location is great, walking distance to downtown Beverly Hills.

Housekeeping presented the only issue. Before leaving for dinner our first night, I called for turndown service, specifically asking for them to also turn down the sofa bed. When we returned to the room, the sofa bed was not turned down. I then spent the next 70 minutes on the phone (5 calls) before someone came to turn down the sofa bed. We would have done it ourselves, but we needed pillows and blankets. Five minutes after someone finally came to turn down the sofa bed, three people, including the housekeeping manager and the hotel manager on duty, came by to apologize. Apparently, one of the maids kept telling them that she had already turned down our room, so they kept ignoring my calls and wouldn't send someone.

Then, despite our request, when they made up the room in the morning, they never did put away the sofa bed.

Other than the issues with housekeeping, this stay far exceeded our expectations--closer to a 5-star experience. We were pleasantly surprised and would recommend this hotel--far better than an average Hilton.

• Liked — beautiful suite and extra room, great pool service, good fitness center and modest spa
  • Disliked — housekeeping turn-down service
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank saratoga4
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2007

I stayed at the Beverly Hilton during February 2007 and did not ever complain about it at all. There were many delightful experiences i had while staying at this hotel. First of all i came to the hotel traveling from San Francisco with a rental car. From San Francisco my family and i had went to Monterey and then drove to Beverly Hills. As soon as we pulled up to the hotel there was a nice parking garage which did not cost much. From there my family went to the check in desk which was speedy quick. The only thing i did not like about the lobby was it seemed very cluttered and you can hear all the sounds of people talking. The concierge was very sweet and helped us in anyway we could. he showed us nice restaurants near by and booked our La Tour bus trip which is a definite must to go on when visiting Los Angeles. Even though he messed us up with the bus picking us up situation he still offered to pay for our taxi cab to take us to the Farmers Market where we meet the bus. The lobby again was very clean and at the elevators had nice pretty birds to play with which my kids enjoyed seeing when going up to the hotel room. The rooms were extremely clean. A little pricey but the beds were so comfortable and we had a beautiful view. The only thing i did not like was were the bathroom was located. It was hard to go in and out with the bed being right next to it. The restaurant located within the hotel was a nice restaurant but very expensive. Lastly, The Beverly Hilton is in a wonderful spot. Very easy to walk from the hotel to Rodeo drive and to all the shops and stores near by. My stay was quite delightful and i enjoyed it very much. The Beverly Hilton should definitely be a possibility hotel if your planning on visiting Los Angeles.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bathroom location in room
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank missdeee
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

This hotel is a pure delight. It is perfectly situated near Rodeo Drive...perfect for shopping. The hotel lobby is a sight to behold...its simply stunning. The hotel lobby smelt of fresh orchids and there were millions of flowers all over the place - huge pink orchids...gorgeous.
The reception was trouble free with straight forward check in.
There is a beautiful aquarium beside the lifts.
The bedroom was out of this world. Comfiest bed ever. Flat screen tv in bedroom and bathroom! Lovely complimentary L'Occitane toiletries - replaced every day.
The balcony looked over the pool area. Yet the bedroom was sound proof. You couldn't hear any noise - which I thought was a plus for a hotel of this size.
The pool is divine. Fresh towels are placed on the sun loungers and towels placed behind your head. There are complimentary juices available here too.
Complimentary Mercedes at our service too - which dropped us to any restaurant we wished! Too good to be true!
Really friendly staff who would bend over backwards for you!
If you are in L.A. you have to stay here.
I could not find a fault if I tried.

Stayed October 2006
1 Thank Lival
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2007

I had a 10 night stay booked at this hotel and i left after 5 nights. The service overall was very inadequate in all aspects of the hotel. The toilets in the rooms regulaly block, rooms were not cleaned daily becasue the house keepers forgot ! The television was broken and overall the room was dusty and dirty.

The hotel bar and restaurant had terrible service, on all occasions i was left waiting at least 45 mins to be asked if i wanted a drink. I was very disappointed with this hotel and lots of other guests were complaining when I was there about various other things. If you are going on holiday to Beverly Hills do not stay here, do your research and stay in others in the area. I eventually checked out, losing money just so I could stay somewhere else to have an enjoyable break.

• Liked — Check Out
  • Disliked — Hotel Thrives on over rated reputation
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!