“Faded Glory...??”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Boston, Massachusetts
“Faded Glory...??”
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in mid-February. I chose it for the location & thought the Hilton name would guarantee a certain level of quality. We had a standard room with 2 beds. The beds were exceptionally comfortable & we slept very well. The common areas were fading- some peeling paint etc. We did not eat at the restaurant. We got coffee at the lobby bar in the morning & that staff was pleasant enough but no one else ever seemed to go out of their way.
Then- on day #2, we returned in the evening to find the rug wet! We used all our towels & lined the rug.
I called housekeeping- on hold- no answer, so I went to the front desk on our way out to dinner. We were offered a change of room, but we declined- we were leaving for dinner & were checking out the next day. I asked for more towels & slippers. Returned 2 hours later- nothing. Called down to desk-went thru whole explanation again to new person. Waited 2 more hours- nothing. Called again - had to explain all over again to very annoyed woman & finally got new towels at 11:30 pm. I went to the manager the next morning & he did take one night's charge off the bill, but it was a disappointing experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed 10 March 2011

We have stayed at this hotel for many years. The staff is always top notch. Upon checking in we asked for a room overlooking the pool. We were told there were none available. (We are Hilton Gold Members). So we went to our room which we realized was over the garbage area. And although we were high up the smells and noise were not conducive to a nice stay. We also found out that the hotel was not full. We moved the next day--not exactly overlooking the pool but closer.
We receive coupons for a continental breakfast, which normally costs $21.50. The full breakfast is $30. If I were actually paying $21.50 I would blow my stack. So not worth it. Everytime we come here we notice that the breafast gets skimpier. The best thing about eating at this location is the lovely staff who try very hard to please. One day my spouse ordered off of the menu, which is allowed. He had pancakes and I swear they were microwaved! Give me a Cracker Bareel pancake anytime.
For us, the location is essential so we will be back. It is a lovely property and it just needs to give the customer some more bang for the buck.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JSSMetroD.C.
South Pole
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I cashed in points while a friend visited who had never been to LA. Without points, the asking rate was $500/night. I had a room overlooking the pool which is considered the upgraded room due to HH status. There is no amenity here, although the front desk clerk (male, shaved head) said the hotel gives 1,000 HH points to people redeeming awrds (not true after a week, no points). The place is fine, well maintained for an aging beauty. The BH area is very competitive these days, so I would shop around when comparing rates. I wouldn't pay more than $250 a night for a property of this standard.

Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I thought this hotel was beautiful. We did manage to get a really good deal last minute by walking in and asking for a good rate, so that helps! We had 2 x newly renovated bedrooms, interconnecting. Pool area was very nice and the Trader Vics restaurant was really good fun, took the children on my own for dinner and they loved it, then one night after a long day I popped in for sushi which was delicious! Breakfast was great but pretty expensive and the facial at the spa one of the best I've ever had.

I think if you get a good deal online or last minute - this is a fantastic option. The reason we ended up there is because I'd booked Loews in Santa Monica and it was awful

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ExcursionHero
London
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Stayed here for 7 days it’s a good hotel but service has something to be desired. We stayed in a suite which was very modern and clean. The breakfast was not good so stopped having it after the second day. There is a starbucks less than five minutes away so go there. The pool was nice and in general a good area its 10 minutes walk from Rodeo drive. We had a car though as wanted to travel around $50 a day valet parking.
Will stay here again just because of the rooms and close proximity to restaurants etc. Beware of looking over the pool as music is very loud over the weekend had to be moved on more than one occasion.
Not great and not bad..

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
New Orleans
Reviewed 15 February 2011

All in all a very nice hotel. Tons of history, nice room, okay food, nice bars, but prostitutes everywhere... Although not interested, I was propositioned on two different occasions... This was my only complaint. The restaurants were all acceptable, the bar was nice in both the lobby and Trader Vic's. HHonors diamond breakfast coupons covered continental breakfast at the main restaurant. It even included bagels and lox! My room was in the wilshire tower and although slightly small, it was very nice. Very comfortable bed, good workspace, nice balcony with a view of century city. The bathroom was very, very nice. The shower was great with wonderful bath products. There was even a very nice bathrobe. I would stay here again...

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Trinidad
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Though in a location where you are bound to see stars, the big screen TV in the room did not work and took several calls to the Front Desk to get a technician sent over. The Oscar nominee luncheon was held the day I checked out, and I had to move from the lobby and wait on the other side of the hotel, since I was in the way, competing for space with groupies hungering for photos. Otherwise, the service staff and front desk groups were helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!