I've stayed at TBH a few times since they have opened but I was extremely impressed this past stay (Jan 3-6). This is a really cool hotel; it's easy to miss so you have to know it's there to go there. When you arrive, you pull into this cool little carport area and head in. I've stayed at quite a few Thompson hotels, and at TBH the front door is really close to the front desk, which is a massive plus for the hotel because all of the frond desk staff were outstanding. Really cheerful, intelligent and what I liked most of all was that they all had a really good sense of humor. It really puts you in a good mood when you see happy people, especially when they are genuine and remember who you are. I'm not sure how they did it but everyone was greeting me by name within a day, and what was especially surprising was that I hadn't met them prior.
My room was really cool, I had been upgraded but I've stayed in other rooms and they are all pretty nice. Not the 10th degree in luxury but stylish and cool. I was very comfortable. I did have a problem with the air, I went down and mentioned it to a new person at the desk (they had changed shifts and Tiffany was gone) and headed out. By the end of the driveway I realized that I forgot my sunglasses so headed back up to my room, and found the maintenance guy arriving to work on the the air. I was pretty impressed with the speed of this. Anyways when I returned later the room was perfect and there was a message on my phone from Evan asking that I call him to make sure the room was good. The next day, I received a call from Jennifer asking if I was enjoying my stay. Unbelievable treatment by this group, I really felt like I was wanted there and again I was pretty impressed.
I'm not really a review guy. I'm not as good with words to describe exactly how I feel so I don't bother, and sometimes when I read negative Trip Advisor reviews I think that the reviewer has somehow made the mistake on their choice of hotel. This is an awesome hotel. It has a great location if you want to go shopping, you can get to tons of restaurants pretty quickly (a big thing for me when I travel as I love going to new places), the pool and rooftop are especially beautiful, but the biggest reason that this hotel is so great is because of the people who work there. I was really impressed with Tiffany, she checked me in and while I had recognized her from another Thompson hotel, she took an interest in to why I was in LA, where I was from, and was very personable. That is a pretty good first impression to a traveller and certainly put TBH in a good light to me. As well, I was really glad to meet Beth (a manager who came out to meet me and also to see me off after I checked out) and I was really appreciative of her efforts in making sure my stay was nice. She also went out of her way to take care of a mistaken charge that I later received from a different Thompson property. Naraida (sorry in advance for the spelling) was also awesome and I really wanted to complement these two front desk girls that seemed so much fun; I was checking my email and they were teasing each other in front of another guest and everyone was smiling, I was laughing at something that they had said when I was leaving and the car valet guys were looking at me and I'm sure wondering what I was laughing at. Speaking of the valet guys, they were great too. Always cheerful and very fast with the cars.
I had such a great time that I plan on coming back to LA in the spring and without a doubt I'll be back to Thomson Beverly Hills. The staff really make this hotel special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- California Cool meets East Coast sophistication at this erudite respite located in the glamorous Los Angeles enclave, minutes from Rodeo Drive boutiques and Hollywood power-playgrounds. The International Style-designed SIXTY Beverly Hills is a serene-but-scene-stealing outpost featuring luxurious comforts like bespoke furnishings, artfully designed bedroom suites and a gallery of Hollywood-evocative imagery. A cinematic Above SIXTY Beverly Hills rooftop bar and outdoor poolside lounge provide balmy zephyrs and panoramic views of L.A.'S fabled canyons while the tony-but-fuss-free Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room is the all-hours spot for casual New American cuisine comforts. SIXTY Beverly hills is part of SIXTY Hotels, the new, innovative brand of luxury inns in New York, Los Angeles, with Miami debuting soon-ish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel