“Very cool hotel and fantastic staff”

SIXTY Beverly Hills
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Calgary, Canada
“Very cool hotel and fantastic staff”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I've stayed at TBH a few times since they have opened but I was extremely impressed this past stay (Jan 3-6). This is a really cool hotel; it's easy to miss so you have to know it's there to go there. When you arrive, you pull into this cool little carport area and head in. I've stayed at quite a few Thompson hotels, and at TBH the front door is really close to the front desk, which is a massive plus for the hotel because all of the frond desk staff were outstanding. Really cheerful, intelligent and what I liked most of all was that they all had a really good sense of humor. It really puts you in a good mood when you see happy people, especially when they are genuine and remember who you are. I'm not sure how they did it but everyone was greeting me by name within a day, and what was especially surprising was that I hadn't met them prior.

My room was really cool, I had been upgraded but I've stayed in other rooms and they are all pretty nice. Not the 10th degree in luxury but stylish and cool. I was very comfortable. I did have a problem with the air, I went down and mentioned it to a new person at the desk (they had changed shifts and Tiffany was gone) and headed out. By the end of the driveway I realized that I forgot my sunglasses so headed back up to my room, and found the maintenance guy arriving to work on the the air. I was pretty impressed with the speed of this. Anyways when I returned later the room was perfect and there was a message on my phone from Evan asking that I call him to make sure the room was good. The next day, I received a call from Jennifer asking if I was enjoying my stay. Unbelievable treatment by this group, I really felt like I was wanted there and again I was pretty impressed.

I'm not really a review guy. I'm not as good with words to describe exactly how I feel so I don't bother, and sometimes when I read negative Trip Advisor reviews I think that the reviewer has somehow made the mistake on their choice of hotel. This is an awesome hotel. It has a great location if you want to go shopping, you can get to tons of restaurants pretty quickly (a big thing for me when I travel as I love going to new places), the pool and rooftop are especially beautiful, but the biggest reason that this hotel is so great is because of the people who work there. I was really impressed with Tiffany, she checked me in and while I had recognized her from another Thompson hotel, she took an interest in to why I was in LA, where I was from, and was very personable. That is a pretty good first impression to a traveller and certainly put TBH in a good light to me. As well, I was really glad to meet Beth (a manager who came out to meet me and also to see me off after I checked out) and I was really appreciative of her efforts in making sure my stay was nice. She also went out of her way to take care of a mistaken charge that I later received from a different Thompson property. Naraida (sorry in advance for the spelling) was also awesome and I really wanted to complement these two front desk girls that seemed so much fun; I was checking my email and they were teasing each other in front of another guest and everyone was smiling, I was laughing at something that they had said when I was leaving and the car valet guys were looking at me and I'm sure wondering what I was laughing at. Speaking of the valet guys, they were great too. Always cheerful and very fast with the cars.

I had such a great time that I plan on coming back to LA in the spring and without a doubt I'll be back to Thomson Beverly Hills. The staff really make this hotel special.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ken R
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear ken r: Thank you for writing such a thorough review of our hotel and more importantly of our team and our level of service. We have recognized each of the individuals you have mentioned and as you know, kind words help a team's morale to forge on and continue to extend the most exceptional service to our guests and to each other. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Our Best,
e: gabracosa@thompsonhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Great hotel, very hip, but intimate, friendly and efficient staff. A perfect view from the roof, clean, well-kept rooms, comfy beds and no noise at all (I was suprised to read some of the reviews here). The location is perfect, you can explore Beverly Hills on foot. L.A. is not a walking city, but if you don't have a car and you don't want to spend 100 bucks a day for cab, there are great bus/subway connections for Santa Monica, Hollywood, Universal... Would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear a_mila,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your fist line sums up what we strive to be -everyday!, "Great hotel, very hip, but intimate, friendly and efficient staff". It is wonderful to hear we hit the mark for you. It sounds like you took the time to experience Beverly Hills, and all of L.A., the way it should be, appreciated for the variety we have to offer. We hope very much to see you at TBH sooner than later. Feel free to reach out to me directly before your next trip, so that we can make plans to meet in person during your return visit.

NC
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed here recently with six other family members. We were in town for a wedding nearby on Wilshire Blvd. We had four rooms for 4 days, and all rooms were stylish, clean, and comfortable. We especially liked the flooring and the super comfy beds. The staff were helpful and friendly. The new restaurant, Caufield's, was delicious - perfectly cooked eggs, toast, croissants and bagels, etc for breakfast, and coffee was great. Our waiter remembered what each of us had ordered from the morning before, after one day. Impressive! I like the design of the restaurant - much sunnier than the one shown on the website previously. The hallways of the hotel were sleek and reflective - and very clean. As many have mentioned, the rooftop pool is exceptional. The view is amazing, and it is great for having a meal with friends, watching tv, or listening to music, as well as for swimming or sunning. Although we did not go up for New Year's Eve, we were there the next day - and everything was immaculate( no signs of a big party the night before, although there had been one). I used the gym 3 of the 4 mornings. It had everything I needed for a good workout - treadmills, bikes, yoga mats, free weights. On the style: I love driving into the garage/entrance to the hotel - there is even a big sofa to sit on while you wait for the valet to bring your car, or await a cab. It really is a hidden-away modern boutique hotel.We booked with our Visa Signature card and received some extra amenities which added to our enjoyment. I noticed a mistake on the bill, but the hotel made the corrections promptly. We were all so happy that we decided to stay here. Thank you, TBH!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear UNCTarheelTravler,

We cannot thank you enough for all of your kind words and your taking the time to hit on every point. We are receiving rave reviews on our new restaurant, Caulfield's --it is wonderful to hear that you too are impressed. Your message will go a long way with our team. We strive to provide the very best hotel and service for everyone. It is nice to know we hit a home run for you and those that travelled with you. Do let me know when next you will be visiting TBH, it would be fantastic to meet in person --at minimum over a handshake.

Our Best,
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Good location for conducting business in and around Beverly Hills & Hollywood. The rooftop bar/lounge area is very nice with fantastic views. The sleeping rooms are a little on the small side but not bad. All parking is valet (and there's no other choice close by) so plan to spend $30/day. The breakfast is served in a funky small room with long wait time, average food and expensive prices. I did find the staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Krystal C G
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Krystal CG, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate all your great comments and we are thrilled that you found our team to be friendly and helpful! You can imagine, it is all that we strive for --everyday. Regarding your breakfast dining experience, it looks like you were our guest during our restaurant renovation. Since your visit, we opened our new restaurant, Caulfield's. It is bright and beautiful with large picture windows that open up to the boulevard. Further, we have been receiving rave reviews from both hotel guests and local patrons on our dining offerings. Do let me know when next you will be traveling to Beverly Hills, so that I might send you pictures of our restaurant before your next visit.

Most sincerely,
Bakersfield, California, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Hotel is modern. Roof top pool and bar area are nice. I have stayed here before and had a problem with the ac. I called the front desk at 2am to complain they offered to move me to a different room. I had for gotten all about the ac and booked here again. So its 450am and I am up because the room is AGAIN HOT. I set it at 55 when I first got here and it has never gotten below 73. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. I am a hot sleeper and if I cant get it to 69 I cant sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tommy L
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Dear TommyL, First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to send your review. Since your posting, my cheif engineer and I have been re-investigating what may be happening to our air conditioning system. It looks like we have found the issue and it is affecting a select number of rooms. We are in the process of replacing a tiny motor that activates the value between the heat and the air ducts. Rest assured, each room will be checked for this issue and if need be, the tiny motors for each room will be replaced. I realize that you feel certain you will not be staying with us again, however, I am hoping you will give us another chance to win your trust back.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly when next you are traveling to Los Angeles. My hope is that we can connect and our team can provide the level of hotel and service that you deserve and that we expect of ourselves.

Direct: 310-281-0142
Email: gabracosa@thompsonhotels.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 December 2011

First of all, beautfiul property! The rooms are very modern, lobby is modern, and the rooftop is amazing. But I've stayed in over half of the Thompson Hotels and this one is my least favorite. With the exception of 1 bellman and 1 front desk agent (they were great), the rest of the staff was very disappointing. First of all, I could not connect to the wireless network. After paying $21 to connect, I had to spend an hour and half with their IT people to determine I couldn't connect and I would be refunded the amount (which I wasn't, I had to dispute it on my bill at the end of my stay). Second - I was called repeatedly one afternoon by someone at the front desk asking me why I had not vacated my room as check out was at noon. I had to excuse myself from a training class that I was teaching to return their call and clarify that I was not checking out for another 2 days. Luckily I got the great gentleman at the front desk (tall, skinny, young guy with a brain!!) that saw that my name was on the check out list and corrected it for me. They had "no idea" who changed the reservation. Upon check out, I had mini-fridge items on my bill that I had not used, but they luckily took them off (liquor charges that would have shown up on my work expense account). The rooftop was amazing, the food was good, but too many hiccups for me to stay here again. But Thompson Hotels in general is my favorite, just not this particular one.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear PShermanATL,
Thank for taking a moment to share your Thompson Beverly Hills experience with us. We strive to ensure all of our guests enjoy the same level of excellence on their stay, and are sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied on this occasion.

We appreciate and value your feedback, and we will address your concerns with all due haste. We hope to see you again soon so we can convince you otherwise. Thank you again.

Regards,

Timothy Hayes
Guest Relations
Thompson Hotels
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Very snobby don't know why the young staff think they are celebrities they are not they work in a hotel were people are paying too much money too stay!! Pool is tiny and bar prices a joke, took us an hour to find the hotel as no sign and to top it off u pay $30 a day parking just to park. Over priced an full of snobs who forget that u have the money to stay in Beverley hills an they are the workers, however was 2 really nice members of staff a barman named Oscar an a young girl behind the desk, however let's not forget a lot off the Americans in these hotels are over friendly for a good tip, an god forbid u don't tip u are looked at like dirt honestly would not recommend to stay here however the beds are very comfortable which is good as the hotel is boring with no atmosphere so may aswell sleep

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Abbeyk88
Dear Abbeyk88,
We regret that your stay was anything less than exceptional, and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your feedback and will take your comments into serious consideration as we continually strive to improve every aspect of our guests' experience.

Again, thank you for your time and for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay. We hope to have the privilege of serving you again in the future.

Regards,

The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,462 reviews
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#3 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
#10 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!