“Fabulous hotel, awesome service.”

SIXTY Beverly Hills
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 2 February 2014

loved this place, ultra modern while retaining a very classy feel. Everyone from checkin, bell boys and valet were extremely courteous, polite and well trained.
room: small but modern fixtures & fittings .. carpet was worn though & bed a bit hard for my liking. Huge flatscreen TV!! whisper quiet A/C was nice too.
bathroom: small, no tub but very modern and hip.
nice touch in the room was ice already waiting in the ice tub. Cork-pull & wine glasses too.
workout room, small but nicely fitted out with great views.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was my first time at this hotel although I have stayed at their other hotels in London and New York. This experience was just a great as the other ones. The rooftop bar is fab, the hotel has an ultra modern look, dark hardwood floors, black glass. Really trendy. The staff was always nice and helpful whenever I needed something. Concierge made tons of reservations for us and always had good recos. I will return soon for the summer. Cons: wifi was slow. Pros: Location, Staff, Design, Rooftop.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My friend and I got away for a girls weekend and made the right choice by staying here. For the price of the hotel room, I feel that we got a great deal as we could walk to everything and had the coolest rooftop pool/bar at our hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. I got some great recommendations for places to go from the staff. Overall, we really liked this hotel! Thanks for a great trip

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at the Thompson in December and it was a great stay. The hotel is super well located, half block from Spago, Montage 2 blocks, Hakkasan 2 blocks and few other nice restaurants.
The rooms were nice, spacious and clean, mine did not have much of a view, but I booked the cheapest one and got such an amazing rate that I could not ask much really.
The restaurant I used only for breakfast, which was ok but the food (just an omellete) too a while to come, with so many options around it's worth to explore outside. The roof top as it was winter and at the time of my staying was a bit cold was not busy at all, the pool is quite nice but again was unable to enjoy it, I am sure it's a great place in the summer, the views are great, did not go to the bar at night as it was closed by the time I got back to the hotel...again probably better at summer time.
A tip for the ones that would like to save in parking, the valet parking in the hotel is $35 per night...honestly too expensive. Just around the corner in Crescent Dr (literally as you turn the corner from Wilshire into crescent) on the left handside there is a parking lot, apparently it is $15 dollars per night, I parked there everyday but was lucky, as the credit card machine was out of order they were not charging anyone...so I parked 3 days for free, but even paying it's $20 bucks cheaper than the hotel...the exit from the park for pedestrian is in wilshire and right opposite the hotel, so you really are parking as close as possible.
Parking on the street near the hotel is not difficult, most meter are 2 hs, there is also free parking for 2 hours in some parking lots in rodeo drive .
I have stayed in the Thompsons hotels before and this one is as good as all of them. I sure will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank manderson171
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Extraordinary service from Evan Anderson and staff. Evan and his team provided an unparalleled customer experience and although the property is beautiful and in a great location, it's this service that will make me a repeat visitor. I felt at home at the Thompson Beverly Hills and so look forward to returning soon! Thank you, Evan and team!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Jackie K,

Thank you for your review! I will certainly pass on your kind words to Evan and team. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Thoughts on my stay:
- The room is a nice size. It's not large, but spacious enough for a weeklong stay. Well furnished with sleek, retro furniture. In spite of what others have written, I did not think it was too dark; on the contrary, I was happy with the lighting. A little balcony provided a nice view of the hills. The strange mirror detailing on the wall and ceiling weren't exactly to my tastes but I can see how they thought it would look cool. The artwork is a little extreme and incongruous with the rest of the decor; I'm not sure how a Steven Klein-y fashion print of a tattooed geisha with lace-up platform sandals became the top contender to take up wall space, but I suppose it could be worse. Spacious light-up closet and lots of drawer space. The bed was okay but I think it was probably time to rotate the mattresses, there was a human-shaped bump on the right side of the bed.

- The bathroom is also an adequate size. The black and white marble walls and sink are beautiful, although that's offset slightly by the cheap tile floor and plastic shower curtain. Although the sink space is small, glass shelving nearby provides ample space for toiletries. I quite liked the amenities as well, although I hadn't heard of the brand before.

- The food was okay. A bit of a sparse selection, but enough options to accommodate different dietary restrictions and tastes. Room service delivery was very fast.

- Terrible TV service. The interactive menu was confusing and the reception for many channels was just bad.

- Wi-fi is very slow. I don't mind paying for internet access, but the idea of having a cheaper, throttled service is a bit absurd. Either have a free throttled service and a paid full-speed or just have the latter. In any case, both internet options were painfully slow, and no one seemed to know or care how to fix it.

- Service was lacking. I think this is a more general problem with "boutique hotels" (ugh), but pretty much everyone here seemed more concerned with trying to be cool than with ensuring the guests were having a good stay and having their needs met. For instance, when I walked up to the front door, no one offered to help me with my luggage. When I checked in, no one offered to show me to the room, and no explanation was given as to breakfast timing, internet usage, etc (pretty standard shpiels for a hotel check-in). During check-in, the well-intentioned but ill-trained front desk clerk seemed more concerned with awkwardly explaining the hotel's recent rebranding than ensuring I had the information I needed for my stay. I had an issue with laundry delivery and no real effort was made to help me get my laundry on time. I was travelling on business, so these services are important. Strangely, in the end, it came earlier than they had told me, so the extra clothing I had to purchase turned out to be useless. One evening I returned home to what I thought was a strange smell; I asked the staff if they could investigate while I was gone, and no one followed up.

- Actually, no one ever followed up with anything I ever asked them. Of everyone I spoke with, only two employees ever attempted to engage in any conversation: one gentleman who brought up my room service and whom I also ran into at the elevator a couple of times, and a young lady at the rooftop bar. Everyone else seemed to not really care that I was there. During check-out, no one asked if I enjoyed my stay or, again, if they could help me with my luggage. No offer to book a car or taxi to the airport -- several such upselling opportunities missed.

Personally, I'd rather stay at a Courtyard Marriott with amazing service than an Andre Balazs property with indifferent staff, so I'm not sure I'll be booking here again. Having worked in hospitality I found it frustrating how the small but important details in service were missing to make this a pretty great hotel. Although, I was travelling for business, other travelers with different purposes might have different experiences.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear 00Daniel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the design of the hotel. It sounds like we did not provide you with the service level that you deserved, and I will absolutely address this immediately. The good news is that we are in the process of improving both our televisions and wifi in the hotel. I hope that on your next trip to Los Angeles you choose to give us another chance so we may provide you with improved service and better hotel amenities. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Best,
Dene Nui
dnui@sixtyhotels.com

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Hotel is blocks away from Rodeo Drive, so you can do all your shopping just walking all around! You can find Saks, LV, Channel, Tiffany, Nike and many others just blocks away from the hotel. Also great places to eat!
Hotel is chic and contemporary, less rooms and great service! Roof top has an amazing pool, so you can eat your breakfast or lunck relaxing and seeing the view from the city.
I recommend staying there!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear MelissaCOliveira,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel's accomodations, service and location! We look forward to welcoming you back soon (just in time for summer on our rooftop!).

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!