“Great little hotel”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
New York City, New York
“Great little hotel”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great little boutique hotel.

Pros:

Helpful staff
V clean rooms
Comfortable bed
Nice bathroom but only a shower (no bath)
View overlooking the city
Nice bar and restaurant
The food is excellent
Nice gym with good equipment
nice pool
Good location - 5 minute walk to the stores and restautarants

No bad points about this hotel..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Zyna21,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you had so many positive comments about the hotel quality, amenities and the hotel staff. Please come visit us again during your next trip to Beverly Hills.

Dene Nui

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I love LA, and i have been to LA many times. One of the best part of La is BH. I stayed this hotel last summer for 10 nights. This hotel is at the heart of Beverly Hills. You can walk to Rodeo Dr,shopping, and many godd restaurants. Not more than 10 minutes. Hotel employee,parking,rooms are very nice.Also price is not too high depending on the other Beverly hills hotels. I thank to this guys, making my LA holiday better. Strongly recommend!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Emir A,

We appreciate your review, and we are pleased to hear that you found our location convenient and our hotel and enjoyable! Our goal is to provide a level of service so each guest feels welcomed and comfortable. We hope to welcome you back on your next LA trip.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was walked to this hotel from a more expensive property that was oversold, so I don't want to color the review, given that it wasn't what I came to Beverly Hills for in the first place. There's a reason this property isn't as expensive as the others in town, and frankly, for what they are charging it is a good property. Personality wise, however, it doesn't actually feel like Beverly Hills (which I consider to be a fairly formal and professional city). This property has a very specific flavor that I've only experienced before in South Beach (Miami, Florida). If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about. Everyone on the staff is really, really attractive (or has attitude as if they were) and there is just something somewhat vacant about them - rather than being 'on it' every minute. I will give one strong exception to that rule and her name was McKenna at the front desk. This associate did not miss a beat. And it made her stand out, because she was somewhat alone in that regard. I will give some credit to the guys at bell/valet who tried to keep up with it and be friendly and attentive, but a lot of the time, the front doors were strictly self serve. The rooftop pool is the most South Beach of all and on day 1, I literally stood for 25 minutes (I was the only person standing at the bar) watching a young bartender who was being trained just count her money over and over with her back to me. She never turned around once and the four other people working there never acknowledged when I asked for assistance with my check. THAT is very South Beach. Luckily, on day two, a great bartender from Georgia was working and he was completely on his game - extremely professional and friendly. They need to seriously retain this guy. On my final morning, a very young woman (short with dark hair) did make note that I was departing and wished me a pleasant flight. That's all one can ask - a little bit of recognition and attention when you are paying more than $300 per night. The rooms were sparse and I did like the marble baths and shower products. The elevators were broken during my initial check in and that really mucked things up, but it was much more comfortable once they started running again. Worst moment came at the pool deck bar (again) and I was told that I would not be able to order a drink unless I went down to my room and produce an I.D. - even though the elevators weren't working. That's just not nice. I did bring my I.D. on day 2, but the gentleman bartender from Georgia didn't ask to see it. He trusted that I was a hotel guest. He was correct. This place is clearly hit frequently by those who are local and I suppose if that's what you are looking for, you will enjoy the young, attractive locals. But there is an issue when hotel guests are penalized for the behavior of those folks (who, it sounds like, may attempt to charge drinks to guestrooms when they know they aren't actually guests). Welcome to L.A. Or South Beach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sfdann
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I loved this hotel so much and the staff were fantastic and always ready to help. The location is also great because you can drive everywhere pretty quickly!

it was too cold to sit in the bar upstairs when I went but we did have a look and it has amazing views.

I would also recommend the Caulfield's restaurant which is attached to the hotel. Really great food and drinks - I dined there for breakfast and dinner.

The only reason this hotel isn't a 5/5 is because you have to pay $15/24 hours for internet - Surely internet should be included in this day and age?! Free wifi in the lobby though. I also found their valet parking pretty expensive at $38/day. The valet staff were exceptional though!

You can get some pretty cheap deals for this hotel so if you don't mind about the add ons then I'd highly recommend

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in April 2014, we had 2 rooms & my sons were traveling with us aged 1 & 7. From the moment we arrived I was impressed with the professionalism of the staff, we were upgraded to a better suite, the staff were friendly, helpful and very polite. They even went out late one evening to get my son a first birthday cake I can not recommend Sixty enough we had an amazing experience and have already suggested our friends stay here for their upcoming trip. Our room was spacious, comfortable & stylish, the pool area & roof top bar were absolutely stunning.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank NikkiGC1
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear NikkiGC1,

Thank you for your kind review! We are so thrilled that you chose to spend your son's special day at our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you next time.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed here for ten full days from the end of March through April 7, 2014. I know the Thompson hotels but have never stayed since some of the properties became the Sixty. I was hoping for the same excellence I'd come to expect and was not disappointed. Most importantly, everyone that works there is helpful and happy to be there, willing and able to take care of any request. Special mentions go to Trey at the front desk for above and beyond customer service and Nate in Valet whose excellent directions saved me hours of traffic time several times over. Hope the hotel recognizes these guys.
If you like a smart and chic hotel in a fantastic location, this is the place.
A couple of concerns but none that should deter you from staying here: the service at the pool was virtually non existent while the staff took care of what looked like a private party in the bar area. There is only one bar open beyond midnight in the entire area (the one in the hotel closes early too) and just to note, the hotel parking is now a whopping $38 per night. (they say that this is competitive with other hotels but $35 has been my top so far)
I would stay here again when I return to LA in a second. Everyone, including management was ready and willing to answer any questions and concerns I had throughout my stay. Many staff knew my name as I came and went, and it was starting to feel like home by the time I left. What more do you need from a hotel? Recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jonathan S
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here 4/11/14. I work for a luxury hotel in San Francisco, so I am very experienced in the hospitality industry. Once I arrived at the hotel, I made sure all of my belongs we're taken out of the Uber Car which it was. All of my bags were loaded onto the cart including this white plastic bag containing several sentimental hats. As I arrived to front desk, I politely and cordially told Melissa I just recently booked a room and would like to see if a room was ready. She began to giggle and laugh at me. She totally did not take me seriously. As I spoke very calm and politely to her she continued to laugh and giggle at every thing I said. I never was once trying to be funny or did not even make a joke but she continue to laugh and giggle and after the third time she did that I became very annoyed and offended. She thought I was a joke and completely undermined me after I was very nice and courteous to her. Very unprofessional. Once another staff member Cody notice me becoming offended by her laughing and giggling he stated the she was new. Still that is no excuse to treat any guests no matter what. Cody delivered our bags to the room, he was very polite and professional but did not have us verify and confirm all of our bags. Melissa told me she had to hold onto my ID while the bellman showed us the room, I was uncomfortable with that because i always like to see or be in procession of my id and credit card. She said it would be safe, however when they made me sign the paper to check into the room my credit card and ID was no where to be found. Melissa calls me 10 mins later saying she forgot to give me back my id and credit card and pick it up and front desk. We were in a rush to leave the hotel for the lakers game so we did not double check because we assumed all of our items should be there. Once returning I noticed that my white plastic bag with my hats were missing. Since the bag being so small and light I assumed they might have fallen off of the bell cart while being delivered and he might not have heard it drop. It could have been a total accident, I spoke with front desk and told them for sure I had the bag when I left the car but it never made it up to the room. Since I checked out at 6am they said that they will look into it and told me a manger would call or email me. I waited 2 days and never got a follow up whether they did or did not find it. That made me upset that they couldn't at least call of email and it made me feel like they did not care. Those hats are very sentimental to me and I can't even find them in any store right now. I called to follow up and the gentleman I spoke with said the housekeeper manager who deals with lost items left for the day and that they would call me back for a follow up but of course that didn't happen. They did not take my claim seriously or offer to look at any cameras to see if the bag was loaded from the car or see if it fell off the bellcart. Also I find it very tacky when a hotel gives u a slip of paper that's says rate them on trip advisor and tell them how good your stay is and writes the employees name on the back. Also I did not like the fact that as we were leaving to go to the game our car service came and I opened the backseats doors for my friends to get in the car and right behind me the doorman says "let me do my job" Wow!!! Really?? If you were doing your job I wouldn't have to open the door for my friends. I love the rooms but lack of service and losing my bag would not make me wanna stay or recommend anyone to stay. I work for the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in SF and we would never treat our guest like that no matter what. It was ver unfortunate that the beauty of the property did not match its service.

• Stayed April 2014
8 Thank rjaesfc
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear rjaesfc,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at SIXTY Beverly Hills. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facility and the upgraded room. It is disappointing to hear your sentiments about the service and although we stride to provide warm and welcoming service, a level of professionalism is expected to remain at all times. Regarding the missing bag, we have very detailed procedures that ensures once a guests items our on our property, they are not lost. Unfortunately, after checking the cameras, we did not see any white bag matching your description coming on property. Once again, thank you for choosing SIXTY Beverly Hills and for your feedback.