“Simply exquisite”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Simply exquisite”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

From start to finish our stay at this hotel was incredible. We stayed on two separate occasions and cannot recommend the hotel enough. Stylish, high quality interiors are matched by friendly, professional and effective staff.

From bell men, to concierge to front desk staff ( who were particularly welcoming and accommodating) all staff made you feel welcome at their hotel.

The best bit of the hotel has to be the rooftop pool and bar area, with panoramic views of LA and excellent food and drink, you could simply spend all your stay up here and not move a muscle.

Having stayed in many hotels throughout the US, this has definitely been my best experience!

• Stayed July 2014
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Christian H,

We greatly appreciate your review and are thrilled that you enjoyed the rooftop and hotel! Thank you for your kind words about our service. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Joseph Kirtley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Classy, clean, polite friendly very helpful staff receptionist Cody made us feel very welcome , clean, good location.

Nice food, amazing pool and bar on the roof with a amazing views.

Definitely recommend staying here, this is our second visit and we will come back again next time we are in LA.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Hi all here's the good and bad

Good:
Rooms are clean with good bathroom.
Air conditioning is fantastic.
Location : fantastic with shops only up the road and cafe + whole foods only a short walk.
Concierge was very good for making arrangements and advise

Bad:
Pool- is amazing area. The issue is on a weekend make sure u get in early to get a bed, and confirm if they book it out for private functions as they do that + it closes at 6pm , so if you like shopping or doing activities all day then have a swim it might be closed on you.
Room is very dark (all black) so at night doesn't light up well. - does look very sexy.
Most rooms don't have working vents in the both room after talking to other guests.
Parking - online said 30$ a night but is $38 a night just to be aware.

Tipping : we had one or two staff hold out hand for tips just to open a door which I thought was ridiculous .
If they carry my bags or get my car .. Different story but any way.

End details :
Hotel can be expensive to sum as eg water is $8 , wifi is $15 for 24 hours etc just consider everything outside of the room is an extra and staff will Be extra nice if you tip. Unless it's front desk / concierge for advise that was free.
Overall stay there was enjoyable and was happy times

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dean L
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Dean L,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sixty Beverly Hills. Your feedback was quite helpful! Although I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, I will address your service concerns immediately.
We hope to welcome you back to Sixty Beverly Hills. I will have the lounge chairs waiting for you.

Best,
Dene Nui
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Firstly I must say that the staff where super friendly. The rooms are clean and tidy however there are no coffee facilities in the room and there is no free Wi Fi in the building you will have to pay $15 a day which I must say was a disappointment, when will these hotels realize that in these modern times people rely on their cell phones and tablets to keep in touch and charging for that just puts people off booking with them you could understand if the hotel was low budget but this place will cost you over $1000 for 3 nights .The TV was massive but we found the picture very poor. There is a lovely pool on the roof but the days we were there it was overrun with young people and didn’t feel very family friendly. I must say that this is not the hotels fault just an observation. The hotel is in a built up area there are a couple of places to eat about 2 blocks left of the hotel , we also couldn’t find a local shop in the near buy area without driving and there is not one in the hotel which would have come in handy for water etc you can buy water in the room for $8 a bottle!! .We did eat in the hotels restaurant and again the staff where very friendly the burgers we had where fantastic but the desert my daughter had not so ,it was an Oreo sandwich which looked like it had just been taken out of the wrapper and plonked on the plate $10 ? There is a mini bar in the room but we didn’t have a price list which put us off buying anything, we couldn’t find an iron in the room and apart from soap and shampoo and body lotion nothing else again not great for a high end hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hil9279
Paris, France
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Helpful and very nice staff. Comfortable bed and very clean rooms View overlooking the city Nice bar and restaurant Nice gym. im sad because i didnt had time to use that beautyfool roof top with nice pool but i hope next time. very nice location. there is no bad points about this hotel

• Stayed June 2014
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I give few poor reviews, but this place really earned it. We stayed there as part of a wedding party. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

1) Rooms: The rooms are dark and very very modern. The furniture and bed are not comfortable in the slightest. Importantly, the air conditioning barely worked in our room, so we cooked in the morning when the sun beat in through the glass door. We ended up sweating so bad we left the room to get breakfast. The halls are made out of this shiny black material, which makes you feel like you're in the movie cube. It is surreal and claustrophobic.

2) Staff: The people working at this hotel act as though they are too cool for school. Their attitude reflects that they could care less about you as the customer and their jobs. They are an attractive bunch, which seems to be a consistent motif at Sixty. Staff clearly are not hired for their candor or customer service capabilities. This is the only review I have written on TripAdvisor where I would call the staff flat out rude and arrogant.

3) Food is gets a B+. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not cheap but will not crush your bank account either. Good compromise for an upscale place.

4) Drinks: The bar is a terrible scene. First off, the drinks get a C. Very middling in quality and very very expensive. The bar is set on the roof of the hotel, which gives it the feel of venue with a view except there is no view. In fact, the view that does exist is of the street from the third floor. The bar feels like it tries very hard to be something it is not. Most importantly, the bar is filled with people who are trying to look poor but clearly have lots of money. I am not an upscale person myself. Most of my clothes come from Costco. This is probably why I find people wearing designer t-shirts and jeans dropping hundreds of dollars at a bar offensive. If you want to live the swanky lifestyle at least own it. Don't pretend to be hard up and then drop a grand on a bar tab.

Overall, you can do much better for the cost of a room here. I don't recommend it it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CGO83
Dear CGO83,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. What is most disappointing to hear is our failure to provide you with the level of service you deserve. We aim to hire employees for their customer service experience and hospitable nature, however clearly this did not translate in your interactions, and for that I apologize. We will work on providing the best guest experience possible, and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Best,
Dene Nui
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Sixty for a business trip. My meeting was down the street at the Beverly Wilshire hotel, and the Sixty seemed like a nice alternative to the expansive, crowded and touristy feel of the Beverly Wilshire. I am SO glad that I chose the Sixty.

The location was perfect for me. It's just on the edge of the action, so you have great access to the shopping and restaurants of Beverly Hills, but you're not surrounded by tourists every time you walk out the door. Rodeo Drive is just a few blocks down if you want to shop (or pretend to shop) in the boutiques.

The Sixty itself isn't exceptionally small, but it feels like a very comfortable size. The lobby area is very welcoming and transitions nicely to the restaurant and bar area. I had a King Deluxe room on the top floor of rooms, and although small, it was very nicely appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom had excellent fixtures (though no tub if that's important to you). Again, at under 300 sf, the room was very small, but it got the job done. There was a sliding door that opened onto an extremely small balcony (too small for furniture, but you could step out onto it). There was a very nice view, including the famous Hollywood sign, so that was a nice touch.

Although I didn't experience the restaurant's food, I did enjoy the bar both downstairs and up top near the pool. Service was good and the drinks didn't disappoint. The pool area was wonderful - actually pretty good size for a rooftop setup. There were plenty of chairs and cabanas, and the servers were very attentive. $15 for a drink, but that's certainly to be expected in such a setting. It was a nice vibe, and I'm sure it can be a great scene at the right times (I was there on a Monday afternoon, so it wasn't terribly crowded).

I was extremely pleased with the attitude and demeanor of the staff - everyone was very helpful and extremely nice. I live in the South, and I'm used to a "folksy" type of service that you typically don't find in NY and LA, but everyone here was very engaging. Between multiple visits to the front desk, the concierge and interactions with the bell staff, I probably interfaced with 20 staff members over my three day stay, and every single one was wonderful. That made for a very pleasant trip.

Last (and certainly not least), the hotel is extremely reasonable by LA (and certainly by Beverly Hills) standards, and ironically, I think it's a better choice even if you don't consider price. The next time my business takes me to Beverly Hills, the Sixty is where I will stay without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,453 reviews
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
#10 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!