“Excellent Service!”

SIXTY Beverly Hills
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had an emergency at home and had to check myself into Sixty at 1am...the bell boy, Vaughn Lewis, went out of his way to ensure I had a smooth check in and my bags were promptly with me as soon as I got to my room. He explained the room amenities and was thoughful and quick in ensuring I was well looked after. Overall great experience at the hotel...good location as well, close to all major shopping and entertainment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 July 2014

From start to finish our stay at this hotel was incredible. We stayed on two separate occasions and cannot recommend the hotel enough. Stylish, high quality interiors are matched by friendly, professional and effective staff.

From bell men, to concierge to front desk staff ( who were particularly welcoming and accommodating) all staff made you feel welcome at their hotel.

The best bit of the hotel has to be the rooftop pool and bar area, with panoramic views of LA and excellent food and drink, you could simply spend all your stay up here and not move a muscle.

Having stayed in many hotels throughout the US, this has definitely been my best experience!

• Stayed: July 2014
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Christian H,

We greatly appreciate your review and are thrilled that you enjoyed the rooftop and hotel! Thank you for your kind words about our service. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Joseph Kirtley

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Classy, clean, polite friendly very helpful staff receptionist Cody made us feel very welcome , clean, good location.

Nice food, amazing pool and bar on the roof with a amazing views.

Definitely recommend staying here, this is our second visit and we will come back again next time we are in LA.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hi all here's the good and bad

Good:
Rooms are clean with good bathroom.
Air conditioning is fantastic.
Location : fantastic with shops only up the road and cafe + whole foods only a short walk.
Concierge was very good for making arrangements and advise

Bad:
Pool- is amazing area. The issue is on a weekend make sure u get in early to get a bed, and confirm if they book it out for private functions as they do that + it closes at 6pm , so if you like shopping or doing activities all day then have a swim it might be closed on you.
Room is very dark (all black) so at night doesn't light up well. - does look very sexy.
Most rooms don't have working vents in the both room after talking to other guests.
Parking - online said 30$ a night but is $38 a night just to be aware.

Tipping : we had one or two staff hold out hand for tips just to open a door which I thought was ridiculous .
If they carry my bags or get my car .. Different story but any way.

End details :
Hotel can be expensive to sum as eg water is $8 , wifi is $15 for 24 hours etc just consider everything outside of the room is an extra and staff will Be extra nice if you tip. Unless it's front desk / concierge for advise that was free.
Overall stay there was enjoyable and was happy times

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean L
SixtyBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Dean L,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sixty Beverly Hills. Your feedback was quite helpful! Although I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, I will address your service concerns immediately.
We hope to welcome you back to Sixty Beverly Hills. I will have the lounge chairs waiting for you.

Best,
Dene Nui

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Firstly I must say that the staff where super friendly. The rooms are clean and tidy however there are no coffee facilities in the room and there is no free Wi Fi in the building you will have to pay $15 a day which I must say was a disappointment, when will these hotels realize that in these modern times people rely on their cell phones and tablets to keep in touch and charging for that just puts people off booking with them you could understand if the hotel was low budget but this place will cost you over $1000 for 3 nights .The TV was massive but we found the picture very poor. There is a lovely pool on the roof but the days we were there it was overrun with young people and didn’t feel very family friendly. I must say that this is not the hotels fault just an observation. The hotel is in a built up area there are a couple of places to eat about 2 blocks left of the hotel , we also couldn’t find a local shop in the near buy area without driving and there is not one in the hotel which would have come in handy for water etc you can buy water in the room for $8 a bottle!! .We did eat in the hotels restaurant and again the staff where very friendly the burgers we had where fantastic but the desert my daughter had not so ,it was an Oreo sandwich which looked like it had just been taken out of the wrapper and plonked on the plate $10 ? There is a mini bar in the room but we didn’t have a price list which put us off buying anything, we couldn’t find an iron in the room and apart from soap and shampoo and body lotion nothing else again not great for a high end hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank hil9279
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Helpful and very nice staff. Comfortable bed and very clean rooms View overlooking the city Nice bar and restaurant Nice gym. im sad because i didnt had time to use that beautyfool roof top with nice pool but i hope next time. very nice location. there is no bad points about this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I give few poor reviews, but this place really earned it. We stayed there as part of a wedding party. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

1) Rooms: The rooms are dark and very very modern. The furniture and bed are not comfortable in the slightest. Importantly, the air conditioning barely worked in our room, so we cooked in the morning when the sun beat in through the glass door. We ended up sweating so bad we left the room to get breakfast. The halls are made out of this shiny black material, which makes you feel like you're in the movie cube. It is surreal and claustrophobic.

2) Staff: The people working at this hotel act as though they are too cool for school. Their attitude reflects that they could care less about you as the customer and their jobs. They are an attractive bunch, which seems to be a consistent motif at Sixty. Staff clearly are not hired for their candor or customer service capabilities. This is the only review I have written on TripAdvisor where I would call the staff flat out rude and arrogant.

3) Food is gets a B+. I was pleasantly surprised. It's not cheap but will not crush your bank account either. Good compromise for an upscale place.

4) Drinks: The bar is a terrible scene. First off, the drinks get a C. Very middling in quality and very very expensive. The bar is set on the roof of the hotel, which gives it the feel of venue with a view except there is no view. In fact, the view that does exist is of the street from the third floor. The bar feels like it tries very hard to be something it is not. Most importantly, the bar is filled with people who are trying to look poor but clearly have lots of money. I am not an upscale person myself. Most of my clothes come from Costco. This is probably why I find people wearing designer t-shirts and jeans dropping hundreds of dollars at a bar offensive. If you want to live the swanky lifestyle at least own it. Don't pretend to be hard up and then drop a grand on a bar tab.

Overall, you can do much better for the cost of a room here. I don't recommend it it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CGO83

Dear CGO83,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. What is most disappointing to hear is our failure to provide you with the level of service you deserve. We aim to hire employees for their customer service experience and hospitable nature, however clearly this did not translate in your interactions, and for that I apologize. We will work on providing the best guest experience possible, and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Best,

#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!