“Another Amazing Gold Mountain Manor Vacation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear City
Gold Mountain Manor Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent another amazing week at Gold Mountain Manor in Big Bear, Calif. The weather was beautiful, the Manor was charming as always, the Ted Ducey Suite was incredible, the breakfast delicious (with specially prepared vegan fare), and the hospitality top-notch.

The Manor is perfect for a most incredible, romantic getaway. It is historic, unique and charming. Cathy is a most gracious host and innkeeper. One night we ate dinner on the veranda. It was so lovely. The weather and company were just perfect.

We cannot wait to go back. We miss it already. I would highly recommend Gold Mountain Manor for a long weekend or a week or even more. It's such a treat for any occasion, especially romantic ones.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and unique. I especially love the Ted Ducey Suite and Cozy Pine.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TripsterSouthwest

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have never left disappointed! Do you & your honey need to get away for a a time of refreshment, relaxation, hospitality? They you will be overjoyed by Gold Mountain Manor. My husband and I have come here for the past 15 years. The upkeep is fantastic, the inn keepers continually stay on trend with regards to the meal offering & upkeep of this historic home. From the drive up the driveway you will want to dart out of your car for one of the many welcoming spots to be seated, from the beautiful grounds, wrap around porch, or anticipating the seating in the common areas. Our room was & always is impeccably fresh & clean, beds are quite comfortable, cookies are yum, breakfast oooo, we enjoyed ours on the vast wraparound porch overlooking the beautiful grounds. Not an outdated B&B. If we could we would come several times a year! We visited on a Sunday for one night. They often host weddings on the weekends. So you enjoy for us, I'm telling you you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If on a budget the small rooms are fine, although one room has a small shower & one room has the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DianeinRC
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The owner is so nice and sweet on the phone when you make a reservation, but when we checked in she was rude, and she continued to be rude during our stay. The place is too overpriced, and there is NO SERVICE. We had to check ourselves in, and when we called with problems (such as the dvd not working, when we wanted to watch a movie) she didn't bother to show up and fix it. We could get any extra milk bath, because we had use too much the night before! We had spilt some popcorn in the living room, and the next night the popcorn was not
available! My daughter was scolded for using a toilet that she shouldn't have, when all others were occupied. We were greeted with a sour face and a bunch of rules. She promissed there was a glacing fire every night, but there wasn't and the wood was wet and didn't burn, when we tried to build one on our own. She also said there would be cookies and milk every night, but
we didn't see that either. The place is run down and old, and I can not recommend it. The property is also located further than she claims. It's in the middle of no where and you have to drive to everything.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Worldtraveler1234581
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We frequent this romantic, lovely and historic bed and breakfast. This past Christmas was our sixth year in a row for the holidays. We would never spend Christmas anywhere else. Cathy is warm and welcoming. She treats her guests like family. The holiday decor is beautiful and the atmosphere cannot be beat. Great service, spectacular service, beautiful and inviting rooms and wonderful breakfasts coupled with the beauty of Big Bear always make for a fabulous time. We'll be back as always.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, but we especially enjoy The Ted Ducey Suite and The Cozy Pine Suite.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

After exhaustive research my sisters and I bought a $200 gift card from Gold Mountain Manor for our mom's retirement party gift. I called and spoke with Kathy from Gold Mountain on a Monday to buy the gift card, she sounded very nice on the phone. I told her the party was that following Saturday and we needed the gift card by then, so when would she be able to send it? She said it would be in the mail the next day (Tuesday). She then warned me that "mail can take a while to get off the mountain" which should have been a red flag. It's Big Bear, not Everest, and we live in a major city just 3 hours a way, should be no problem.

Saturday came and went, no gift card. We scrambled and gave my mom a gift certificate for the gift card (lame right?) figuring the real gift card would come soon. I waited until the next Wednesday and called Kathy. She was very nice and apologized profusely, said her groundskeeper forgot to take the mail that last Tuesday and she would send it out right away. (It wasn't until later that I wondered why it then hadn't gone out on Wednesday? Or Thursday?) But I figured that mistakes happen and we would get it soon.

Another week, no gift card. Unbelievable but true. I called her again and this time she was not friendly and nice; she curtly told me she was in a meeting and would call me later (didn't ask to clarify who I was or get my phone number, so she clearly knew). At that point I called one of my sisters who said we needed to cut our losses and pick a new B&B for our mom. I waited a while (1-2 hrs) for Kathy to call me back so I could ask for a refund but she never did, so I called her again. This time she let me go to her voicemail. I left a voicemail letting her know we were quite unhappy and wanted a refund.

Soon after I got a gift card from her in the mail, postmarked 2 days prior. That means...
- It took her over two weeks to mail what she promised to send in less than 24 hrs
- She repeatedly lied about the entire situation
- Had she mailed it even close to when she promised she would, it certainly would have arrived in time (no problem with mail getting "off the mountain")

I returned the unopened gift card envelope marked "return to sender" but never heard from Kathy again, nor received a refund. I finally contacted my credit card and disputed the charge, just received a refund from them. Perhaps this B&B is a delightful place to stay but I will never find out, and honestly I have a hard time believing that an owner so disorganized and dishonest could run a decent establishment.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Megan B
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

If I could find any negative it would have to be They try to hard to make a Gourmet Breakfast which does not turn out very well. They should stick to the basics, eggs bacon pancakes. We can't comment on value as we were part of a wedding party and room was paid for. It is A very nice historical cabin mansion from the days way back when.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jayclagg
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Big Bear Lake in California has the BEST B&B I've ever been to, and I've been to many of them all over. Visit Gold Mountain Manor there. GORGEOUS setting, rustic mountain elegance in the pines and great skiing (winter snow and summer water). Not right on the lake, but only 5 minute drive from it. It's worth it! This place has FABULOUS gourmet breakfasts, and the owner is so wonderful. She personally greets everyone, fresh flowers in your room, lovely touches everywhere. Ask for the Ted Ducey Suite... it has a one-of-a-kind artistic bed built out of a giant tree. This place is great for romantic getaways or weddings.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Gold Mountain Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!