“Where's my Discover Card credit??”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear City
Inn Der Bach Resort
San Diego, California
“Where's my Discover Card credit??”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Upon arrival on May 16, 2014, I paid Timothy, general manager, $120.00 cash for kitchen x 2 nights, cleaning fee, and room tax based on "regular" room rate not the $89.00 for 2 nights voucher through Amazon Local. Then on the June Discover statement I was charged $119.95 on May 15, 2014 for the very same 3 fees. I called Discover to dispute the charge, called Amazon Local to dispute the charge, and called Timothy to credit back the $119.95 since he was paid twice. Timothy stated he could not just reverse the $119.95 charge on Discover since I filed a dispute. All I want from Inn der Bach is what is due back to me, since the $89.00 for 2 nights stay cost me more than if I had stayed in a hotel in Big Bear City = $328.95 total paid out to Inn der Bach. The stay was OK, nothing special, Timothy seems to be trying to update the Inn, so I give him "atta boy" for his efforts!! I hope to see $119.95 on my next Discover Card statement!!

Room Tip: Know what you're looking for in Big Bear as far as the quality of an inn or hotel. Maybe it'...
Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank NU417

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Be afraid be
VERY afraid.I'd rather sleep on the ground then this"resort".Upon ariving two young boys came to the unit to collect a $45 cleaning fee.They brought a vacaum cleaner with them to do the floor around me as I signed the paperwork.
There were dirty cups in the sink which my wife washed.There were crackers on the floor behind the sofa.Dirty cutips under the bed.
I went in the restroom when I lifted the toilet seat up it fell off and hit me in the ankle(no kidding).
There was a quilt stapled to the wall behind which was a large cutout hole in the drywall.What a pigsty.
I had paid for two nights with an online coupon $139 .With an Italian dinner that consited of a cheese pizza 1 calazone and some speghetti.
We bailed out after the one night,got a place with cabins for less that cost less then
per night then this so called resort.
Timothy actually told us alot of people show up and bail saying it is too far out of town
forfetting there deposit.I believe they would bail on him but not because of the location
but the fact that the whole place is a health hazard.It should be looked into for false representation.
Big bear was nice but Inn Der Bach is a disaster looking for a place to happen.

Sincerly,Mike

Room Tip: choose a different buisness
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michael h
Timothy682, Manager at Inn Der Bach Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Michael we are very saddened to read your comments. Yes two young men (22 and 23 years old) showed up to check you in and they signed you in, in the lodge. The Lodge is like a bed and breakfast where we rent out the rooms and there is a common area for guest. there is also a common kitchen where guest can make food. We apologize that the guest staying there had not picked up after themselves.This was not part of your chalet. We are using the check in area of the lodge to sign guest in before taking them to there Chalet. Our new check in office is being built and will be a great addition to our establishment. The two men showed you our new office on the way to your room. I saw you later on that evening and you had no complaints. You also signed that you had completed your walk thru and the chalet was clean and pleasant. The problem came the next morning at 6am when you could not get the Kerig Coffee Maker to work because you had not turned on the power switch. You immediately called and were very vulgar and abusive with our staff. Something we will not permit from any guest. We here at Inn Der Bach will try to do anything possible to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible, but no body should be treated that way. We were happy to come over and show you how to work the coffee maker. You instead could not calm yourself. You instead knowing how much effort and pride we take in cleaning our chalets choose to attack us on this review site. We are very saddened to see your comments and are working towards making the appropriate changes to better our establishment for our future guest.

Travellers are raving about these Big Bear City hotels

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This place feels like home. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in big bear. Friendly staff. Amazing price. Beautiful grounds. Keurig in every room. The best place in big bear. Period. Fireplaces, mountain view, stream, fake deer (in a cute not creepy way), out of the way.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank seeingblonde
San Diego
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I booked 2 nights in a "chalet", chalet #9 to be specific, we had a voucher for a great deal at $89.00 for 2 nights. Thought it was an awesome deal, even though we had to book outside of weekends. We got there a few minutes after check in time, and at first we were quite disappointed by the surroundings. But Timothy was very welcoming. He walked us to the "chalet #9" which in fact is #9 AND #10. We expected to be in a single chalet, as we were looking forward to some very quiet time. Unfortunately for us, a family with kids was next door, the walls being pretty thin, it was noisy. We asked if by any chance an indivual chalet would be available, even if we had to pay extra for it. But all chalets were booked for the night.

After an hour of hearing noise non-stop, we decided to leave. We lost the voucher of course, and the $65.00 we had to pay when walking in for taxes and cleaning fee (must pay cash). Timothy offered to wait in case someone would not show up, but we wouldn't take the chance/risk.
The bathroom was clean, there was a nice coffee maker, a microwave, a small fridge.
The bedroom's carpet was not very clean, the curtains had a lot of dust in the creases.
The fireplace had wood on the side ready, that was a nice touch.
The outside is not well maintained, there were a lot of cigarettes butts left in the flower pots, the paint was cracked on the stairs, the windows had not been cleaned for a while,...

Bottom line is: make sure it is what you are looking for. If you want a quiet gateway for 2, make sure to get an individual chalet or go somewhere else!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dom-Michelle
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked through booking.com for 3/25 to 3/27 and sent a message through booking and did not get a reply then sent an email directly to Innderbach & still no reply. I've read some reviews that concern me but also a lot of great ones also. Feeling a little anxious about what kind of service we will receive. It looks like a beautiful clean place. Will let you know after the 27th.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very nice and comfortable cabin/chalet. It was very clean and had a fireplace, cable TV, a comfortable bed and enough towels for at least a weekend. Far away enough from the highway so you don't hear any cars but close enough to everything if you wanted to go out to dinner or go sight seeing. There was a really cool Koi pond and room to just walk around. Tim was a very friendly host and made sure we were comfortable. I was hesitant at first because of some reviews I had read, but when we showed up and after we spent the weekend there I realized that some people are used to being a little too privileged and don't enjoy simplicity, which is the whole point of a vacation. Very good experience, definitely recommend. Thanks Tim!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alex R
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Although this is a dated inn, it is a great place for the kids to run, bike, and explore. We booked the entire place for 12 families and all 24 kids spent three days digging, running, biking, and playing. The seven acres is entirely fenced in and it is very peaceful and quiet. Also, the rooms are spacious and the lodge was perfect for a large gathering. The downsides would be the bachelor pad idea of cleanliness, the older linens and lack of extra blankets, no DVD players, and the rundown kitchen in main lodge. However, the price was right and the kids had a blast. It is my understanding that the owners are making upgrades each year. The manager was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank funtimes70
Timothy682, Timothy, General Manager at Inn Der Bach Resort, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay! Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience with others. We are making upgrades every year, so trust that we will heed your feedback as we look to make further improvements. Your comment on cleanliness was a bit unfair though, as you arrived hours early and our staff had to work around you and all the things that were brought in prior to our check in time of 3:30pm. As we inform every Guest of Inn Der Bach We live on site and if there is anything our guest needs to feel free to contact us. Any other comments or concerns? Don't hesitate to share them with me! Until next time, take care.

Best regards,

Eagle's Nest Bed and Breakfast Lodge
Cathy's Country Cottages
Cathy's Country Cottages
#1 of 1 in Big Bear City

Been to Inn Der Bach Resort? Share your experiences!