Free cancellation until 22/07
US$194
Cathy's Country Cottages(Big Bear City)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
Motel 6 Big Bear(Big Bear Region)
US$55
Motel 6
  • Pool
Best Western Big Bear Chateau(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$127
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

Snow Lake Lodge(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
US$145
Vintage Lakeside Inn(Big Bear Region)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$77
Marina Resort(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$199
US$171
Travelocity
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Stayed here over the summer, be forewarned that the place is not as pictured. Rooms had a old wooden smell to it, but don't think there's much to get by that. The furniture and decor are old and tired. They don't really maintain this place all that well or that often. Staff was nice but I think that's if you don't interact with them too much. Large pothole near the entrance so have to be careful when driving in. Basketball hoop is missing the backboard, things like that.

Place is definitely not worth full price, even half price is pushing it. They do ask for a cleaning fee and also make you sign a waiver to not post bad reviews on tripadvisor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kinsela
Reviewed 12 September 2014 via mobile

I made a November reservation for Inn Der Bach in July, four months in advance. I got an email out of the blue a few days ago stating my reservation was cancelled, no explanation. ....just cancelled. I tried calling several times, no one picked up the phone. I never received a return email explaining why my reservation was cancelled (I sent an email within minutes of the cancelation notice)

I'm not sure what would cause such disregard for a new customer, but it has definitely ensured this place, with questionable business practices, will never see a dime from me or anyone I know. Based on the reviews....it's a blessing in disguise.

(PS....I got a refund from Amazon Local)

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank 603leannb
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed here in June via a voucher purchased with Amazon Local. Check-in time is 3:30, yet there was not only no office, there was no one on-site to help us. Tim arrived at about 5p, full of apologies. Our room was just OK. The best I can say was the bed and bedding were clean and new. Tim collected his cash fee, but more on that later. Our "romantic meal" consisted of take-out pizza, spaghetti and calzone. No salad or beverage. The strawberries were a nice touch. We were told they didn't offer "concierge services". Somewhat deceptive b/c the dictionary defines concierge as staff in charge of special services, but Tim defines it as housekeeping. The room wasn't cleaned, coffee not replaced. (Tim did bring more coffee.) We left a day early because this definitely wasn't what we expected. We were required to give a credit card number when the reservation was made, but were told they didn't take credit cards. SURPRIZE!! When we checked the cc statement, Tim had not only collected the cash, he had also charged my card! It took a month of dealing w/AMEX to get a refund. The location has potential to be a really great resort, but until the owners are willing to pour a few million$$ into it, it is only a few steps above mediocre. Wait a few years - maybe they will improve this place by then. Or at least have an office with the ability to check in their guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ann T
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Good:
* Spacious room

* Full Cable TV

* Good kitchen and appliances

* CLEAN

* Flowers on arrival

* Chocolate dipped strawberries at 8 o'clock

Not so:
* Poor reservation system. Our room given to someone else who came earlier. We had to wait two hours while they cleaned a similar one. As compensation they allowed us to check out what ever time we wanted on our check out day.

* tried to charge me $60 "cleaning fee" instead of the $45 on the Voucher. When I pointed that out to him, he said yes but look at the end, it says "prices subject to change".

* The first night Italian dinner for 2 was pretty much a joke. A tiny salad in Tupperware without any dressing, A small pizza, a small calzone, and some thrown together spaghetti. There was no sparkling cider as mentioned in the voucher. But in their defense, the plate of chocolate dipped strawberries they brought at 8 o'clock we're so wonderful, that it made me forget all of the previous stuff.

* window handles didn't work on several windows, and A quilt covered a big hole in the wall. We kept our valuables locked in the car, although I'm sure it is a very safe place.

* no coffee for the beautiful coffee machine they had. When I informed them they told me it was not included in the room fee, but they would give us a couple for just today. But they never did.

* wi-fi did not work in the room.

But you know something, all in all, we enjoyed our stay. Having a very clean place, and a fully operational and supplied kitchen was a real nice thing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven_el_Gordo
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived for our first family vacation only to find out they lost our reservation. I had the print out of our hotel confirmation but that made no difference. Staff was friendly but not helpful in finding us new accomodations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family