“Great place to learn skiing”
Review of Snow Summit

Snow Summit
More attraction details
Owner description: Snow Summit is the ultimate destination for summertime fun! Snow Summit offers a wide range of summer activities, including lift-serviced downhill mountain biking, cross-country mountain biking, Scenic Sky Chair rides, hiking, and more! This summer, the always-popular Snow Summit Scenic Sky Chair offers the most breathtaking views in all of Big Bear! Once at the top, grab some bites and brews at the most scenic BBQ in Big Bear, the Skyline Taphouse, while taking in the views of the valleys below and the surrounding mountains. From the top of the mountain, downhill mountain bikers can enjoy the famous Snow Summit Bike Park. For cross country riders, Snow Summit's chair lifts provide access to a huge network of trails around the resort that have something for everyone. For hikers and outdoor enthusiasts, Snow Summit is the perfect hiking destination. Snow Summit and the surrounding area offer an expansive network of trails and roads, where hikers can enjoy picturesque hiking trails and roads with stunning scenic terrain and incredible views of Big Bear Lake. Want to step off the trails and work on your golf swing? Feel like a pro at 7,000 feet - you'll be surprised at how far your ball will soar! Bear Mountain Golf Course is a great destination for golf and features a challenging golf course, golf lessons with seasoned pros and a great driving range. From hiking to sightseeing to cross country and downhill mountain biking to golfing, there's plenty of fun for everyone this summer at Snow Summit! Experience a winter vacation close to home! Snow Summit and Bear Mountain (Big Bear Mountain Resorts)offers two distinct mountains to suit your style. With a free shuttle between the two resorts you can enjoy access to 26 lifts, over 436 developed acres and 1,800 vertical feet along with shopping and dining choices. Snow Summit provides the premier mountain resort experience for everyday skiers and riders in pursuit of wide-open groomed runs and picturesque alpine views. Winter sports enthusiasts are guaranteed to enjoy their time on the snow with unparalleled learning programs for snowboarders and skiers of all ages, limited ticket sales, and beginner, intermediate and advanced terrain.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Los Angeles, California
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great place to learn skiing”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is my second time at the snow summit. Parking gets full easily but they have several remote locations and they offer free ride with a truck-like bus. Rental part is easy, I had no problem, although I had to wait in line for 20 mins during my first visit. Prices are normal, 75 for lift and 30 for equipment. So far I had no problem with the equipment. Their locker-room is okay, not too big, only problem is they charge 1.50 each time you open it, which I do not like at all, cant open my locker any time I want.
I took their lessons three times. Once beginner, twice advance level, they did their best to teach us. So far I only used bunny hills and they are maintained very good. Food for sale is low quality but prices are right and I am not expecting high quality at the top of the mountain. At least they serve very fast. I also used their first-aid room for getting help for blisters and they were extremely helpful. Restrooms need some work. They offer free service for storing your equipment while you are having lunch which was very handy.

1 Thank Mert51

• Arabic first
Plano, Texas
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“WORST customer service”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

It is my first time skiing at this mtn. I have been to more than 10 different mtns across west of Mississippi with much satisfaction than this place. I walked up to purchase a lift ticket and the lady at the counter said the price for Sunday was $75, or higher than regular rate at $60. They said it was last day of holiday season, well I didn't know about that. I requested a disc if possible but not granted - decided to buy it since I was already there (First disappointment). Then after attaching the ticket on my jacket, I ski'ed to the chair to get on it. The guy questioned me the originality of my lift ticket (he didn't have the bar code scanning machine on his hand - second disappointment) - of course I said yes. He also told me not to go from the side entrance I used, well there is no sign nobody shouldn't use that entrance anyway. Arriving at another chair after first run, a different guy scanned my ticket w/o problem, BUT he doubted the validity of the ticket (3rd disappointment). Not good cust service so far. It looks like they don't believe the customers. I did see some other season pass holders got questioned about black out dates on their tickets. This is a major CS issue when you are not allowing people to have fun on the slopes. None of the staff smiled or showed positive attitude!!

In the afternoon, I took my toddler to learn how to ski. Another officer stopped us because he didn't have a lift ticket. He suggested me to enroll him for pricey ski lesson!! (4th blow) They really wanted me to spend money at their facility. I went ahead to get a complimentary ticket so that I could take him to the chair. Disaster happened, an attendant did not let us to go up on the lift because his skies were not approved (who approves types of ski???). The attendant was very rude, kept telling me to get my son off the snow for 4-5 times when I patiently took him to the spectator area. They basically forced me to rent ski at their place - another proof I had to spend money on their turf! I was so mad and decided to leave this place! On my way out, I ran into a staff intending to know the location of family restroom, she did not want to get bothered at all and signaled me to wait with her fingers (not sure why she didn't want to speak). After waiting for Very Long 2 mins the lady did not seem interested in helping me out, decided to walk away from her. The WORST customer relations in ski place EVER!!!

Oh, before leaving this place, I went to their rental place to see if there is any written rules for ski/equipment type and they did not have anything for it. They told me they are scared of people suing them for any injuries or mishaps happened on the slope. I told them I came here to have fun, really not in the business of suing people. Plus when you rent equipment and buy lift tickets, you basically agree to their terms and waive all liabilities anyway.

For the mountain itself, the trails are limited. I spent less than 4 hrs to complete all runs in both snow summit and bear mtn. There is a school bus-like shuttle to transfer you to between locations. They couldn't afford the equipment carriers/holders that typically installed on the side of the bus so that you don't have to carry your equipments with you into the bus. Also, they treat you like animals to go from remote parking area to the base of the mountain because you will have to stand on open cargo pickup truck LOL!

With all the hassles from lift chair attendants and low class transportation/facilities, I would suggest you to go to Mammoth mtn or Lake Tahoe for much much better experience!!!

4 Thank coolden
Vista, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Poor condition”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Poor snow condition. First it was icy then slushy and then icy again. Too crowdy and too expensive. Snow Summit claims to have the best Snow making equipment, however it is not good enough. Go to Mammoth instead.

2 Thank Ekami
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was ok.”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Ok service. They were open late hours. Lots of people do this. Goof first aid service and nice people there to help tourist.

Visited December 2013
Corscombe, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“This has to be done”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Fantastic experience , views to die for . Lovely clean air, just go to watch the fun being had on the slopes

Visited February 2013