“Unlike other Sizzlers”

Sizzler
Ranked #74 of 123 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Unlike other Sizzlers”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Food and service poor! Salad bar was not fresh, long time for food to be brought, place not well kept.

Visited July 2012

Commerce, California
“Food Poisoned at this restaurant”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I ate the Malibu Chicken and salad bar. I also had clam chowder soup from the salad bar. We were waiting for the peach cobbler for over 20 minutes and the server said that the oven did not get hot enough to cook the cobbler fast enough, which should of been a big sign, but too late we left. A few hours later I woke up with Diarrhea and throwing up for 4 hours. I could not walk or stand at all. I had the chills, fever and dehydrated. It took 2 days to feel better. I have been told that Sizzlers have a very high insurance premium because of food poisoning claims. Be careful if you go to the Big Bear Lake Sizzlers.

• Visited November 2012
Apple Valley
“Good Lunch Time Spot”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I visit this Sizzler periodically for lunch during business when in the area. The exterior has the mountain rustic look to it, very clean and well landscaped. The cashier is usually very friendly and often during lunch hour the server is the cashier, and again very freindly and helpful. They have your basic salad bar and it was good for a lunch time meal. A variable selection of salad items, dressings and selection - with a side bar of chicken wings, pasta and a 'taco/tostado bar'.
They have a limited amount of deserts, but all in all, a good experience, will return.

• Visited September 2012
Riverside, California
“Disappointing all around”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We frequent Sizzler quite a bit by our house and enjoy the salad bars, entrees, etc. We get that Sizzler isn't Chez Magnifique Restaurant, but we do expect a certain amount of quality and customer service when we pay good money for food. We visited Big Bear this weekend for some R&R with our kids, and were delighted that there was a Sizzler so close to where we were staying. We read some reviews for this Sizzler, and in truth they weren't too good. But we went in, took a quick looksie at the salad bar, everything looked fine so we decided to go for it. We discovered that no two Sizzlers are alike as far as cost or quality. If you want to be nickel and dimed for mediocre food, this Sizzler in Big Bear is place to go.

Visited April 2012
California
“Will not return”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

1) ordered tea - she put one in an empty cup!!! I asked her if she has a little box with various teas. She showed them to me and when I picked 3 different types - she says I can not have that many. Wth! I am a fan of Sizzler and go to almost all sizzler in the inland empire and orange county - everytime, they would give me a little basket filled with many various teas, sugars, and a bottle of honey. 2) no fried chicken - they were out for a long time and did not refill the tray. 3) not a variety of fruits in the salad bar and the clam chowder soup were extremely salty. 4) The only sweet desert they have were ice-cream. 5) their steak were like 4 oz instead of 6 oz. One of my son says, "I don't remember ever ordering a steak this small.".

Visited March 2012