“Cash Only - Great Value”

Thelma's Family Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 127 Restaurants in Big Bear Region
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Thelma's in Big Bear City is a locally owned family restaurant that exudes value and quality food. Accepts only cash transactions, however, has ATM on the premises. Prices 30-50 % less than most other restaurants and portions and quality is excellent. Has outside patio seating as well as inside. Highly recommend for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Excellent baked goods and pastries.

1  Thank Kenneth S

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We came here for breakfast. It was nothing special. The food was ok, the coffee was terrible, and the service was average.

1  Thank SanDiegoZix
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We ate breakfast here this morning. The food was OK. Service was average. Our waitress was OK with us but very rude to a couple of other tables in our room. It made us feel uncomfortable. Our table wasn't clean. The ketchup bottle was so dated and old that we didn't want to touch it. There is a lot of food but it wasn't prepared how we asked. We will not be back next time we're in town.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We ate outside. Tables were dirty. Plastic plates felt dirty. Omlette was greasy. French toast was average. Service was so slow. When i waited 20 minutes for my bill that never came i went looking for someone, anyone, to take my money. I found our waiter, told him i'd like my bill, he said it wasnt his table but would find our waitress. A girl came and said it wadnt her table. I had to tell the guy that he was our waiter and he had our check in his pocket. It wasnt even busy at the time! Maybe it was just a bad day. I will never know because i wont go back.

1  Thank Tamspi
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We selected this restaurant because it was local and recommended by our hotel staff. Great prices. Get the large pitcher of beer if you have more than one glass and save money. I tried the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. The meal came with a choice of soup of the day (pea soup) or salad. The homemade soup was really good and came in a large bowl. The chicken fried steak was great but I didn't like the mashed potatoes (real). The manager offered a baked potato but I was full. The restaurant is really noted for it's breakfasts. We ate inside but the outside garden seating looked very nice.

1  Thank James S