“You'll Love Apples!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear Region
Apples Bed and Breakfast Inn
San Dimas, California
“You'll Love Apples!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have been staying at Apples since it opened in the 90's! It's a great place for a romantic weekend, and a wonderful place for a "Girls' Only" weekend! I've stayed in almost all the rooms and each one is wonderfully appointed, comfortable, clean, and accomodating. You'll find your stay to be quiet and relaxing....a true B&B adventure. There is nothing missing....everything a guest could need is there for you. Your Host and Hostess are welcoming, professional, and friendly. They make sure that your stay meets your expectations and more! When you're here you are not just a customer, you're a very special guest! The food is fabulous! Once you've had breakfast here you'll never forget it, and you won't need lunch that day! Everything is served fresh, made from scratch, and served at just the right temperature. Each day the breakfast is different, and the quality is always A++! The Chef is creative and dedicated to ensuring a party for your tastebuds! Everytime I come here, I can't wait to see what new tasty treat we'll have for breakfast! In the late afternoons, when you're just about hungry again, out comes wonderful snacks! Again, you are always surprised at the different choices! I've enjoyed Big Bear Lake for many years and there are many restaurants in the area---close by---to enjoy. But be sure to save room for Apples' famous desserts in the evening...Delicious!!

I visited Apples in June, and couldn't wait to come back in July for another event! Service consistency is guaranteed! You'll remember Apples always! A stay at Apples is one of the best parts of Big Bear Lake. Thanks always Barbara, Jim, Landon!

Room Tip: Each guest room is different, and you can't make a bad choice!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DProuty

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

My customers and I have been coming to Apples for over six years, and each year tops the year before; there is never a dull moment and no one goes away hungry. The quaint rooms and excellent food as well as the warm hospitality of Barbara and Jim make each day rewarding and keep us coming back year after year.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have to admit I did not care for the place, the service was fine; family run place. The beds we so soft and bouncy that we feared being launched into the air, there are allot of Hobby Lobby type decoration in the rooms, and a group of middle aged ladies seemed to be having a great time. We did not stay for breakfast, but the snacks were all the quick heat chocolate filled type that you might get from a costco. So, if you like those things they are available in abundance from nice people. If you are the more scholarly, earth conscious, healthy-food type I would say give this place (and Big Bear for that matter) a miss. More like Disneyland than a natural retreat, but if you like that sort of thing you will love it.

Room Tip: Traffic stops at about ten pm, so any room will do, but there is traffic noise all day.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CelineSoCA
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

This place is the best... We have been coming to Apples for about 13 years and we feel like we are "home" every time we stay. Jim and Barbara are the perfect host/hostess and this is hard work for them and they never let on that they tire of it. From the afternoon hors deuvres and treats and cider, to the late night homemade cookies and treats, to the bountiful homemade breakfasts, this couple is constantly working to make your stay worthwhile and pleasant. The rooms are a bit old-fashioned, but somehow it fits with the family atmosphere. We enjoy playing games, sitting in the hottub, and venturing out to the fun and shopping in Big Bear.

Room Tip: I prefer the backside rooms where it is a bit more quite.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

I arrived to Apples for my May scrapbooking trip and wooops...I forgot to call ahead and let Barbara know I have Celiac disease and cannot eat any Gluten products. Im also allergic to cinnamon (can you imagine at a place called Apples?)!!! No problem for the hostess of the year. Barbara set out gluten free crackers with the cheese plates, made me gluten free peanut butter cookies (most wonderful treat I have ever had), and prepared gluten free brownies just for me. This was in addition to preparing two breakfasts, a lunch, and a dinner all gluten free just for me. Thank you so much Barbara :) Eating away from home can be very stressful for me and instead of having to go buy special food for the weekend for myself you made my weekend heavenly. You are the best!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TaraBarton
Gardena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

It has been my pleasure to stay at Apples twice a year with a Scrapbook group. Barbara and Jim are the perfect hosts. The food is delicious ... the accommodations are divine. I look forward to my bi-annual visits with great enthusiasm! The staff is attentive to the guests' needs. The rooms are clean and everything is well-maintained. I highly recommend Apples Bed & Breakfast to anyone! It's a great place ... you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

I would not hesitate to stay here again. Barbara and her husband run a great place!! Breakfast is amazing, Barbara is a great cook!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business