“great stay”

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed here for 1 night, visiting from Australia, after driving from Las Vegas back to LA our 2 sons wanted to see snow, we drove into Big Bear not expecting to stay, we were delighted that it had snowed the night before and drove past Cozy Cabins, stopped at the office for a overnight price and was greeted by friendly staff and a reasonable price. We were delighted with our very clean and comfortable cabin, if we have the opportunity to visit Big Bear again we would be more than happy to stay in these cabins again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kerrie g
There are newer reviews for Big Bear Cozy Cabins

Reviewed 19 February 2010

Big Bear Cozy Cabins
Stayed at one of there cabins over Valentines day weekend - Way over priced and the extra fees are straight out ridiculous. Our heater went out, waited 2 hours for a person to come out. He got there and looked at some stuff. Said it was the thermostat. Said he would go get one. I thought he had it in his truck. 15 minutes later I go out side and he is gone - Never came back. Left a family with no heat @ 22 degrees overnight. Management told me they would move me if he wasn't back by 6 and give them a call. Guess what? The office was closed when I called back. Spent most of the night re-lighting the heater. Was happy to leave the next day. Kinda a bummer so be forewarned people!

Heres the break down:
Total Tax: 65.10
Total: 685.10
Amount Paid: 685.10

------------------
Room rate I was ok with (Valentines weekend) but the 80.00 and 40.00 dollar charges are (--)!

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank desertat
Reviewed 1 January 2010

This is a repost of what I wrote on yelp:

Terribly overpriced. The cabin itself was OK. Nothing special, not bad either. As the reviewer Katy P. stated, "their added fees to everything are RIDICULOUS." While using the jacuzzi at the cabin (which was dirty before we even first used it), the plastic heads to the jets came off due to the slightest touch. The company charged my party more than $400 afterwards claiming 10 "broken" jets and that the jacuzzi required a "deep cleaning," although it was dirty before we ever used it.

Will NEVER use this company again, and recommend you don't either.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2009

First, these are not cheap cabins. We made reservations to check-in on Sun. After we had made the reservations, and paid, we were told the office would be closed when we arrived so we needed to pick up our check-in info at another business, and pay $10.00 to do so.

They charge $150.00 cleaning fee. You are asked to leave the cabin exactly as you found it, and take all your own trash into town, where the dumpsters are. What could cost $150.00 to clean??
There were cobwebs on the celing, the gas B B Q grill didn't work, we had to call out maintenance the 1st day because all the outside lights were out, (it's VERY dark up there) a SPA man came out on the 2nd day to clean the SPA with no notice, and on the 3rd day he came back to clean the cabin, (we were checking out the NEXT day). And the directions they gave were very wrong to get to the cabin. The cabin its self--very nice and cozy, For the price I prefer not to have the aggravation.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I reserved a one-night stay for our family of six at the "Country Cottage" 1 bedroom/loft/1 bath cabin in Big Bear Lake through Big Bear Cozy Cabins. The cabin was everything that was expected EXCEPT we had an ant problem that wigged-out my wife, and all the office could do was tell me that it's a common problem in the mountains. Additionally, the website said specifically that the cabin had cable TV. The cable was there, but obviously the owner had not been paying for it (I called and it was verified by the office). This could've been a HUGE problem with four american kids wanting a little TV break in between sledding and eating... luckily we brought a nice assortment of DVDs and game system.

Bottom line, nice but ineffective customer service, and false advertising.

I must say what attracted us to BBCC was that you can often rent for just one night... good for a family on a tight budget.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2008

If you are considering renting a cabin for Big Bear Cozy Cabins, STOP!!! Don’t do it!!! After driving 8 hours (with two teenagers) to get to our cabin the weekend after Christmas we quickly discovered that our cabin had no heat, hot water and we could barely get into the drive way because it had not been plowed. We discovered all of this when we arrived at 8:00 PM Friday night, and called someone at Cozy Cabins to come over and make the necessary repairs. After waiting an hour in our 30 degree cabin the guy told us that the repairs could not be done that night, and “we should call around for other accommodations”. I suggested they (Cozy Cabins) help us find other accommodations because obviously they rented us a cabin that was not suitable to be used. As it turns out the guy they sent to do the repair work was part owner of Cozy Cabins, so you would think we would have a sense of wanting to make things right… Wrong!!! He begrudgingly made a couple of phone calls, but basically handed me the phone book and some phone numbers and said "good luck"…

Needless to say finding “other accommodations” that weekend at that time of night was totally impossible, so we headed back down the mountain at 10:30 PM. I called them six times the next morning trying to find out if they would be able to make the repairs so we could try to salvage the rest of the weekend. They finally called me back at noon to let me know that the owner has been notified, but they were not sure when the repairs could be done. At this point, I am done!

We rented this cabin over a month ago with plans of taking our family up to the mountains for a relaxing weekend of snowboarding. But, the only thing we got was a major disappointment and 15 hours driving. Did they refund the full amount of the cabin rental? Yes. Did they offer any compensation or a sincere apology? No! I understand that things happen, but the manner in which they dealt with this situation was the biggest disappoint. Do yourself a favor and NEVER rent a cabin from Big Bear Cozy Cabins.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family