“not as good as I thought!”
Review of Sugar Pine Bake Shop - CLOSED

Sugar Pine Bake Shop
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 January 2013

my family were excited to purchase sweets at the bakery.we purchased a fudgy brownie which was really good and fudgy and 4 chocolate chip cookies and 2 snickerdoodles, the cookies were all so crunchy not even the middle of the cookie was soft, the snickerdoodle didnt even have much cinnamon and sugar on them.I myself bake and i can make way better cookies than the ones my family ate.regret wasting $4.00 on them.

1  Thank courtney w

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Really like the cupcakes here. And they do some pretty yummy wedding cake too (husband worked as a wedding planners assistant last summer, brought home lots of left over cake, and almost all of the cakes came from this bakery). Oh and they have these s'more things that are really yummy, don't know exactly what they're called though.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

This place is only open on the weekends. Went to the one just outside of the 'village'. They have a smaller shop in the Village proper. Staff very friendly. Stopped just after opening. They didn't have cheesecakes out just yet, but the woman went into the back to grab some for me. Tried the bear claws, very different, the frosting/cream on the outside is light but to die for. the cookies are crisp and light and the cheesecakes are dense and flavorful.

1  Thank champagnelady59
Reviewed 5 November 2012

There is not enough room to write how wonderful this bakery is. The service is great, very friendly. I always feel like they are happy to see me. EVERYTHING is great!! You can't go wrong. If I had to pick favorites (always subject to change according to my mood) it would be any of their bread puddings, cupcakes, bear claws, hoosier pie, cheesecakes... Who am I kidding?!! I'm a big fan, you can't go wrong with whatever you choose.

1  Thank BigBearMicky
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I called this bake shop to pre-order a cake for my husband's 40th birthday since we would be visiting Big Bear soon to celebrate it at Oktoberfest. I spoke with Trish - the owner - and told her my husband's favorite flavors where we then discussed what the specifics of the cake would be. She delivered it to our hotel room before we arrived so when my husband opened the door to our room - THERE IT WAS in all it's decadent glory. The cake - no lie - weighed about 10 pounds with 4 layers of vanilla cake layered in between was a peanut butter filling. The entire cake was covered in a chocolate buttercream frosting and drizzled with chocolate ganache & caramel. Now you probably think it can't get any better than this - BUT IT DOES......she topped it with roasted salted peanuts!!!!! This cake made me stop in to the bakery to meet this bakery angel Trish & I was not disappointed. She was wonderful and yes I bought some cupcakes for the road. If you head to Big Bear - GO HERE for your sweet fix, I promise you won't leave unsatisfied.