“Don't expect TOO much from it!”

Knights Inn Big Bear Lake
Ranked #13 of 16 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Don't expect TOO much from it!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Ok, yes first of all this place will Never ever get full 5 stars for me. But 3 stars is fair, I think.
We stayed at Knights Inn for 2 nights just over the weekend.
I booked the room with 2 queen beds last minute on Friday, without even looking at the review! After I booked at the last minute and cannot be cancelled, I started reading the review and got panicked!
So I told my husband and my kids to prepare for the worst motel ever. We packed sleeping bags, toilet seat liners, bathroom tissue, Lysol spray, bug sprays for the mattress, etc, etc, etc.
Well, so we got there and we got the keys and entered the room... Turned out to be just OK! I expected the worst trust me!
So I guess the key is, don’t expect too much from the place and you will be just fine. They have hot showers, clean bathroom actually! They have ok mattress, small table and 2 chairs, electric outlets for the whole entire family to charge their ipods, ipads, iphones!
If you are planning to spend the entire vacation being inside the motel, then do not stay here because they do not have AC, just ceiling fan. But if you are planning to be outdoors most of the time like we did and use this place just to crash and shower, then you will be fine! For the last minute weekend price ($50 per night), I cant complaint much about it :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DaCa-13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was our first vacation as a family with my wife and two kids, ages 2 and 4. We had to buy sheets and box fans from Kmart just to avoid heat stroke! Make sure you are up on your vaccinations such as tetinus and hep B before walking through the door. Shower never got hot, hole in the ceiling, tagging on lights, 1 ceiling fan that is horrible. We noticed a ton of dust and there was a paper explaining construction which we never saw. Pool says closed and has what looks like a bacteria storage growing inside of it. Try putting your 2 year old birthday girl down for a nap when it's 85 in the room. I'm just hoping this place waits to we leave before it catches on fire. Pretty sure nothing is to code. Do yourself a favor and get a tent and sleep in the grass somewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Cgentry77

Travellers are raving about these Big Bear Region hotels

Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This hotel was the worst one we have ever stayed at in our entire life. was not worth the money we paid for the nights we were there. we actually upgraded to a suite and that was still horrible. there is No ac in the rooms the beds were dirty the windows had no window sills there was bugs and ants all over the counters only one tv that worked with no remote, it looked like a crime scene! I would rather pay more money then stay at a rat hole like this! if you care about your family you will not stay here plain and simple!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Las Vegas
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We have come to Big Bear for a weekend skiing many times, with two teens we just needed a place to crash, and really no choice last minute unless we wanted to pay a Kings Ransom. To say this place is a dump is giving insult to a dump. I did not see any roaches probably because they didn't survive. The toilet flooded, TV didn't work, shades half torn, hot wires dangling from ceiling, carpet disgusting, paint peeling, mattress sagging, window glass broken (OK, I could have made it into song). Two months later I still have nightmares of this place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We were a bit skeptical about staying here because of the reviews we had read but as one of the reviewer's said "it did the job." It was a last minute get away and we couldn't beat the price. The room was very clean, especially the bedding! The bathroom could use a good handyman's work but everything was running fine. The hotel is on the main boulevard so it can get a bit noisy but nothing that kept us awake. The staff was exceptionally friendly!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Blythe, California
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Our son got the room and asked us to come up. He is youg so he got the least expensive place. Omg, the carpet was filthy the lamp shades torn drapes falling down hole in bottom of door tv from the 90's. The beds were clean so we stayed. Before we got there they changed rooms because bathroom in other was awful. The lobby was dirty trash not thrown out.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank JELewis53
San Diego
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I've read some harsh reviews here and felt I had to write my own. I stayed at the Knights Inn (Big Bear Blvd) this past weekend. Myself and the lady wanted to visit the ski slopes for a day on Sunday and we drove Saturday afternoon. They have two buildings and we stayed at the building south of the boulevard. It did the job. Yes its old and out of date and the carpet is as cleans as grandma's carpet, but big deal. It won't be the best place you stay at, of course. Men, you'll have zero problems with this place. Most ladies will be perfectly fine. My lady said 'it did the job'. We both laughed off its rustic charm before whizzing off to the slopes in the morning.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms in the building on the south side of the boulevard are quieter as this building...