“If you don't mind a Motel 2 then this is your place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Wolf Creek Resort

Wolf Creek Resort
Long Beach, California
“If you don't mind a Motel 2 then this is your place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

We stayed in the cabins. Very cheap, very old and dingy. The Fridge had a order to it. The shower no light in it or a place to put your soup.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rhinkle

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

My family went with another family and stayed in this lodge to go skiing last weekend. Our room was small but clean, I would suggest getting the deluxe room for more space. It was a no frills place, but very clean and I would go here again. A far cry from the usual Marriott, but still fine. Bye the way, the teenagers loved the indoors jacuzzi!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank steviesmom
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

Granted, it was the only hotel available at the last minute on the 4th of July, but for the money we paid it was NOT worth it. First, went to open the toilet only to find that it was dirty (i.e. brown) with toilet paper/paper towel (also brown) that was literally stuck to toilet bowl. I flushed a few times and it would not come off. That was disgusting enough but then my husband yelled out from the shower, "don't worry, I am washing away all the bugs off the floor". We had expected that the next day, the toilet would at least be cleaned, but we were wrong. Nor was the room vacuumed or shower cleaned. Totally not worth the money...Motel 6 down the street is a better value.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Whittier, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2009

This facility is located close to everthing. It's within walking distance of the downtown area if you want to shop, eat and/or have a drink. Our room was very clean and quite cozy with the wood burning fireplace in the corner of the room. We stayed there for Valentines day and the fireplace made the room quite romantic.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Valencia, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2007

Pros: stove/oven, refrigerator, king size bed with comfortable mattress and lots of pillows, semi-functional fireplace.

Cons: very old run-down place, the cabin is very small, the bathroom is tiny, the water pressure and temperature varrrries (either super hot or very cold); the kitchen sink has two fausets hot and cold which are not connected, so when you wash the dishes, you either have to burn or freeze your hands. And oh, yeah! Forget about someone taking the shower and you washing the dishes after breakfast... they will yell at you for messing with the water! The TV set is probably my age from the 70's and no DVD or VCR player. The wall heater was not working well when the temperature outside dropped bellow 40 degrees. Good thing, we brought extra blankets with us.

The Bavarian Lodge in Big Bear Lake, CA needs to be renovated and cleaned-up. For the price this place is charging, they better make some serious changes in the internal appearance of the cabins. Some of the cabins are falling apart on the inside. I will never stay at this lodge again!

• Liked — stove, microwave, refrigerator
  • Disliked — bathroom, cabin space, plumbing
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank AriellasMom
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2006

My first and last impression was "Norman Bates Motel." The desk clerk wasn't too friendly or even appeared to be excited to have guest. I was there for the Jazztrax festival Father's Day weekend, and I couldn't believe I was basically the only guest. My car was literally the only car in the parking lot. That was really odd, seeing that I checked in after 6:30 p.m. and there were a lot of activities going on in Big Bear that weekend. Also, I wasn't happy that they gave me a room next to the woods/forest. It was really frightening. The spa, please ... not a spa. It's hidden in somewhat like a trash compactor area. Good thing, I was able to find a place where I felt safe and secure, and not afraid for my safety. One last thing, there were two men, I assume they were workers, but they appeared to be stray men. I wasn't feeling too positive about that situation. Positive, they didn't hassle me when I told them I was checking out and got a full refund.

Stayed August 2006