“So much to see here : )”

Big Bear Historical Museum
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Great place to see the history of Big Bear. So many people have donated items for our viewing. They've got little buildings to visit: school house, cabin, barns, etc. Usually a working black smith on site who shares what he makes. Very interesting site to visit.

3  Thank Siameseldy

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Nice museum. We enjoyed walking around and becoming informed about the area.

2  Thank Judy L
Reviewed 28 May 2012

What an unexpected and lovely stop on our weekend! Museum is filled with incredible finds -- log cabins, mining equipment, gold panning, blacksmithing, etc. -- and volunteers throughout the property help answer any questions you may have. It is clear that this is a labor of love. Great spot for kids & families...definitely recommend!

4  Thank k23p
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I watched a Huell Howser episode awhile back on this place and decided to finally stop by before I headed home. Really interesting photos and artifacts of the area before it became built up. Regrettably, all the pictures I took disappeared off my sd card. I recommend going here at least once if you are a history buff and/or want to get away from the crowds.

4  Thank Linnea P
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My sons are 5 and 7 and loved pannign for gold, watching the balcksmith pound out a butter knife for each of them as well as exploring everything else. They said they want to bring friends there with them next summer.

3  Thank MomOfSixSanDiego