“Great palce - and a great price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Bear Lake Front Lodge

Big Bear Lake Front Lodge
Melbourne, Australia
“Great palce - and a great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Team - we took a chance, and booked this via Expedia - from Australia. When we arrived, the place looked nice and cozy - when we entered the room - just what we needed, full kitchenette, nice view, friendly staff (my youngest pushing buttons he shouldn't have!). This is out second visit to Big Bear from Oz., love the place, loved the location (saved some $$ by buying at the supermarket and heating in the kitchenette), location worked a treat. No faults at all and with the savings from Expedia - amazing value for dollar - highly recommend

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Evan_Jean
LakeFront L, Manager at Big Bear Lake Front Lodge, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for your positive comments. We appreciate your business and hope that your will choose Big Bear Lakefront Lodge during your next trip the Big Bear, CA
Laura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
SAN JACINTO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

Room 1A was awesome. It's like a little studio with a kitchenette and fireplace. The only thing is that if your're a light sleeper try to get the top floors as you can hear them walking above.

Room 11 I stayed in the following weekend (I was a vendor at Oktoberfest), and was clean and cozy. Heater worked GREAT. The only thing on this one was the toilet would run every 10 min or so and so in order to sleep I had to shut the bathroom door as it was a little loud. Room was smaller on this one.

This hotel is right on the water though with some gorgeous views. You can also go out in the morning and feel the peacefulness of the lake before heading out. :-)

I highly recommend this place! :-)

• Stayed October 2012
Murietta, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

After reading reviews we were skeptical about the place, but we booked and were very pleased. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had a lake view room, it was quiet and peaceful. My only complaint would be the water in the bathroom did got get very hot, it was luke warm. The fire place in the room was perfect. We would stay again!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

If you dont like the rustic outdoorsy feel of the mountains, (which if you didnt you wouldnt come to big bear) then go stay at the upity hotels and get your room service. Lake Front Lodge was such a comfortable relaxing lodge on the lake, it was a nice get away! Very clean, great staff, helpful! We had a very relaxing time, no its not the Ritz, but that isnt what I wanted in the mountains! I Will be back!!! Thanx lake front for making my weekend Worth it!!!

Room Tip: Room 23 was great facing the lake! Next time I would like the 1st floor facing the lake, 8, 10, 12...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
oxnard
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I wanted a view of lake because I was travelling with my parents and sometimes the hotel is all we can manage. The view was great and I liked how the room was decorated. I thought there was a kitchenette. My mistake, it appears the lakeview rooms only have sink, microwave and refrigerator. A few dishes but no bowl for our cereal. No dresser and a light only near one bed. Only two chairs inside and two on the balcony. The room smelled a little musty. The bed was comfortable and I don't find that often. We found the staff friendly. I would not recommend for wheelchair or people with trouble getting around. Would have marked the lodge higher if I didn't have to pay $149 per night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cynsummers
Upland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I found this Hotel to be delightful for a getaway spot in the cool breeze of Big Bear Lake! It isn't a Luxury Hotel, it is a quaint nook on the lake to spend a day or two for a couple, or family. My experience Labor Day weekend..1. Less than $100 per nght on the WEEKEND!, 2. VERY clean rooms with nice furnishings; has a real bathroom with vanity- drawers and cabinet to stow toiletries, etc. 3. my room faced the inside garden-I was pleasantly suprised by the soft music and sound of the fountain I could hear if I left the balcony door open; creating a serene feel as I awakened! I did not have a kitchnett room, but there is a bar for entertaining or serving. Room was large.Fireplace. BBQ areas.Close to everything.You can bring your boat or canoe and dock it ! OK-they need to upgrade the TV..but ...who came to watch TV! I will stay often now as the price is very affordable.

Room Tip: Ask for the Back building on the Lake. Even if you get an inside room the access is really good. The...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LakeFront L, General Manager at Big Bear Lake Front Lodge, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for comments and for staying with us !
We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,