“You get what you pay for”
Review of Forest Shores Inn

Ranked #11 of 16 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
CA
Reviewed 17 February 2006

We (myself and two co-workers, each with our own rooms) stayed at Forest Shores Inn instead of Northwoods because our boss wanted to save some money. You get what you pay for!

1) My room had two lamps that did not work because the bulbs were burnt.
2) The carpet was not vacuumed since there was white lint all over the carpet. Also, it needed to be steamed vacuumed since there were large portions of visible dirt.
3) The pillow sham still had the drycleaning ticket stapled to it (at least they do dryclean).
4) The cable went out the second night for all of the rooms (my co-workers confimed this).
5) Both remotes for the TV and DVD player did not work. The batteries were probably dead.
6) When the cleaning service did change the burnt bulbs, they only changed ONE of the two bulbs and left the old burnt bulb on the couch.
7) One of the boxes of soaps was smashed and torn. The soap inside was missing a chunk.

The twenty dollar difference between Northwoods and Forest Shores was not worth it at all. My co-workers and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 14 September 2004

My wife and I stayed here with 2 other couples while attending the Big Bear Octoberfest in '03 an had a great time. The rooms are spacious, with great views from 2 of the three rooms. there is a full kitchen and a garage to park in if you rent the entire condo. Walking distance to the Village and attendent shopping and dining establishments.
We are staying there again in 04.

• Stayed: September 2004
2  Thank smogsteve
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA.
Reviewed 12 September 2003

Looking for a "nearby" quick summer vacation spot for our family when I stumbled across Forest Shores Inn, Big Bear on the internet. It caught my eye with its appeal, value, and accomodations. Horseriding, mountain hiking, fishing, and lake recreation all at our back door, literally.
Picture perfect for our family of 4 and one of our children's guest.
Best location, fantastic accomodations.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member