We (myself and two co-workers, each with our own rooms) stayed at Forest Shores Inn instead of Northwoods because our boss wanted to save some money. You get what you pay for!
1) My room had two lamps that did not work because the bulbs were burnt.
2) The carpet was not vacuumed since there was white lint all over the carpet. Also, it needed to be steamed vacuumed since there were large portions of visible dirt.
3) The pillow sham still had the drycleaning ticket stapled to it (at least they do dryclean).
4) The cable went out the second night for all of the rooms (my co-workers confimed this).
5) Both remotes for the TV and DVD player did not work. The batteries were probably dead.
6) When the cleaning service did change the burnt bulbs, they only changed ONE of the two bulbs and left the old burnt bulb on the couch.
7) One of the boxes of soaps was smashed and torn. The soap inside was missing a chunk.
The twenty dollar difference between Northwoods and Forest Shores was not worth it at all. My co-workers and I will never stay here again.