“Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 16 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

The hotel workers are their to please! From the time I called until we left to go home, the hotel staff was very friendly and accomadating. Our room was very clean and relaxing, the pool was very well kept and their continental breakfast was great! They have breakfast foods from yogurt to fresh made waffles. Very convenient to all the local ammenities and offer great advice on where to go for your pleasure. The prices are very reasonable as well and we even stayed on a holiday weekend.
Everything went great without a hitch and I will be planning my next trip big bear at the Fireside Lodge!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erin M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Heard about Fireside Lodge through friends, and it didn't disappoint. We stayed in room 11 where there was a jacuzzi/fire place in the living room. The room was adorable, with great views of the lake. Its within walking distance to the village area where all the restaurants and shops are. And the staff is very friendly and helpful. All in all a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

My Husband and I had a small room (the one without the spa) paid a good rate and it did the trick except .... there is no air conditioning!! Please keep in mind it didnt state we would have AC so it was fine. The staff were kind enough to supply us with a small fan but please be aware in the middle of summer t was super hot and very uncomfortable. I couldnt have done another night or two.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay in summer months make sure you have an air conditioned room. A view is nice al...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Cali
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here over the 4th of July, in a queen suite with fireplace. The place is very cute and cozy. The room was clean and rustic.

Pros: location, cute, rustic, clean, microwave, fireplace, mini-frige

Cons: you can hear everything that is going on in ajoining rooms and in the parking lot. Walls must be made of plywood. Really bad continental b-fast--stale bagels, yogurt, muffins. The place is very overpriced for what you get. I paid 160, but I suppose it's a supply and demand thing.

Overall I may stay here again if I can't find a better deal somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Banning, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights over 4th of July, 2012.
Great location so you could walk to the village and to the lake and watch the fireworks.

At check-in the young man behind the counter was not friendly or helpful. Gave no information about the breakfast they serve (found out about that the morning I checked out). After I checked in I found that there was only one coffee cup in the room so I went back up to the front desk, he went into the back and came out with one dirty cup - he said that was all he had so I took it.
The room was small, hardly room to move around. One king bed (it was comfortable) with small end tables on each side. A small fridge, topped with a small microwave, topped with a 10 cup coffee pot. It also had a gas log fireplace which runs on a timer so you have to continually turn the switch (like a jacuzzi!).

The room was next to the pool, about 10 feet and I would have been in it. Not a good location for quiet. I was on the bottom floor, asked for a top floor and the young man said I could have one the first night but would have to move the next day to a bottom unit so I just kept the bottom unit. The noise from upstairs was bad, sounded like they were having a dance off both nights!
The phone didn't work. The TV remote didn't work. No welcome basket like they show in their pictures. Only a VCR, no DVD. It has cable tv but not a great picture. The clock radio would not get any music. The floor was dirty in the room and bathroom. I wore socks and the bottoms were filthy after only a few steps. The shower didn't drain good so you were standing in water while you showered. No Ice machine. Check-out on the internet and my paperwork said 11am - but at check-in you are told 10am!

The second day a young woman was working the front desk and she was helpful in getting a fan for the room (no ac and no good air flow) and she was very pleasant. They would do better if they had more people working there like her.

I paid $277 for 2 nights - for what I got I feel it was overpriced!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs unit away from the pool!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Big Bear Region hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

my husband and i stayed here in june for 3 nights the hotel is very central for a wander to the village for resturaunts and shops, the rooms are o.k. they were clean and a really comfy bed but there was no a.c. and it was 105degs. so it was a bit uncomfortable through the night the pool was fine we had it to ourselves some of the time and the breakfast they serve on sat, and sun, is lovely if you use up your coffee there is no problem getting more we also found the staff very helpfull i would recomend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
attleboro, ma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband, my adult daughter and I stayed at the Fireside Lodge 2 bedroom cabin June 15 and 16th. Our initial impression at check-in was not good, as the young man at the desk was not very welcoming or forthcoming with information. We found out the next morning when we went to the office to ask about places to rent canoes that he was in training. Still no excuse, he should have had someone there to assist him. We also found out that morning that they offer a free continental breakfast. We had already eaten at that point, and nowhere on the information we received did it say anything about breakfast. All in all it wasn't a big deal but all guests should know. The cabin bathroom is tiny and the only mirror in the cabin is the vanity in the bathroom. I can't imagine 6 or 8 people in that cabin. The kitchen was well equiped. We had a partial view of the lake, but there is nowhere outside to sit and look out at the lake.There were plenty of towels and extra bars of soap in the bathroom vanity. The floor in the kitchen and living room was dirty, as I found out when I spilled water and wiped it up. The bathroom was clean, just outdated. It was an average cabin, and reminded us of the quality we had when we stayed at cabins in Yellowstone Park. The location is great, we were able to walk to the village. However, there are no sidewalks on the section of Big Bear Blvd., which we found very odd since there are many businesses located on this road. We enjoyed Big Bear and will try another lodge the next time we visit.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family