“Such Service!”

Ranked #10 of 16 Big Bear Region B&B and Inns
Port Hueneme, CA
“Such Service!”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had a family reunion here over Labor Day Weekend and the location was perfect! One block from the Village so we could walk right past the gridlocked traffic. We had four rooms all together, we could gather around the pool to visit and the water was perfect!

We had our 91 year old father with us and the staff treated him like he was their own. He loved the attention!

Jaqueline is a treasure - she made the whole weekend feel like we were her only guests. She was precious with our Dad and jumped to help us with reservations. She was the best, most attentive and friendly hotel manager we have ever met. This small chain is lucky to have her and we hope they realize it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The hotel workers are their to please! From the time I called until we left to go home, the hotel staff was very friendly and accomadating. Our room was very clean and relaxing, the pool was very well kept and their continental breakfast was great! They have breakfast foods from yogurt to fresh made waffles. Very convenient to all the local ammenities and offer great advice on where to go for your pleasure. The prices are very reasonable as well and we even stayed on a holiday weekend.
Everything went great without a hitch and I will be planning my next trip big bear at the Fireside Lodge!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erin M
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Heard about Fireside Lodge through friends, and it didn't disappoint. We stayed in room 11 where there was a jacuzzi/fire place in the living room. The room was adorable, with great views of the lake. Its within walking distance to the village area where all the restaurants and shops are. And the staff is very friendly and helpful. All in all a wonderful time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My Husband and I had a small room (the one without the spa) paid a good rate and it did the trick except .... there is no air conditioning!! Please keep in mind it didnt state we would have AC so it was fine. The staff were kind enough to supply us with a small fan but please be aware in the middle of summer t was super hot and very uncomfortable. I couldnt have done another night or two.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay in summer months make sure you have an air conditioned room. A view is nice al...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Cali
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed here over the 4th of July, in a queen suite with fireplace. The place is very cute and cozy. The room was clean and rustic.

Pros: location, cute, rustic, clean, microwave, fireplace, mini-frige

Cons: you can hear everything that is going on in ajoining rooms and in the parking lot. Walls must be made of plywood. Really bad continental b-fast--stale bagels, yogurt, muffins. The place is very overpriced for what you get. I paid 160, but I suppose it's a supply and demand thing.

Overall I may stay here again if I can't find a better deal somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Banning, California
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights over 4th of July, 2012.
Great location so you could walk to the village and to the lake and watch the fireworks.

At check-in the young man behind the counter was not friendly or helpful. Gave no information about the breakfast they serve (found out about that the morning I checked out). After I checked in I found that there was only one coffee cup in the room so I went back up to the front desk, he went into the back and came out with one dirty cup - he said that was all he had so I took it.
The room was small, hardly room to move around. One king bed (it was comfortable) with small end tables on each side. A small fridge, topped with a small microwave, topped with a 10 cup coffee pot. It also had a gas log fireplace which runs on a timer so you have to continually turn the switch (like a jacuzzi!).

The room was next to the pool, about 10 feet and I would have been in it. Not a good location for quiet. I was on the bottom floor, asked for a top floor and the young man said I could have one the first night but would have to move the next day to a bottom unit so I just kept the bottom unit. The noise from upstairs was bad, sounded like they were having a dance off both nights!
The phone didn't work. The TV remote didn't work. No welcome basket like they show in their pictures. Only a VCR, no DVD. It has cable tv but not a great picture. The clock radio would not get any music. The floor was dirty in the room and bathroom. I wore socks and the bottoms were filthy after only a few steps. The shower didn't drain good so you were standing in water while you showered. No Ice machine. Check-out on the internet and my paperwork said 11am - but at check-in you are told 10am!

The second day a young woman was working the front desk and she was helpful in getting a fan for the room (no ac and no good air flow) and she was very pleasant. They would do better if they had more people working there like her.

I paid $277 for 2 nights - for what I got I feel it was overpriced!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs unit away from the pool!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Big Bear Region hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

my husband and i stayed here in june for 3 nights the hotel is very central for a wander to the village for resturaunts and shops, the rooms are o.k. they were clean and a really comfy bed but there was no a.c. and it was 105degs. so it was a bit uncomfortable through the night the pool was fine we had it to ourselves some of the time and the breakfast they serve on sat, and sun, is lovely if you use up your coffee there is no problem getting more we also found the staff very helpfull i would recomend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple