Wife and I stayed here the weekend of June 28/29. Thought we'd "cool off" at 6,500 ft. elevation while enjoying the Big Bear Lake area. When we got to the room it seemed uncomfortably warm. We checked the AC and were shocked to find that there was no thermostat...! The hotel has an antiquated heating/cooling system that THEY control. Guests in the Individual rooms have no way to heat or cool the rooms for their own comfort. At first we thought the AC system was down, but it wasn't. We can only assume the hotel is being uber thrifty by limiting their use of air conditioning. It was a most uncomfortable afternoon and evening for us. It was actually cooler outside than in the room. Frankly, I'm surprised that this hotel was accepted into the Best Western chain. Upon checkout, we stopped at the front desk to discuss the issue. The man in front of us, coincidentally, was complaining about the very same thing...! They gave us a meager (and insulting) $13.00 discount from our $145 room bill. We'll not return to this place, ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this charming Big Bear Lake, California hotel-the closest full-service lodging to Snow Summit and Bear Mountain Ski Resorts. Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau, the perfect hotel for avid outdoorsmen and avid ski lovers alike. Located in inland Southern California, this Big Bear Lake hotel offers well-appointed guest rooms complete with a fireplace, pillow top mattresses, cable satellite television with Showtime and high-speed Internet access. The hotel offers an array of amenities including a seasonal outdoor heated swimming pool and hot tub, game room, fitness center, full business services and meeting/banquet facilities accommodating up to 140 people. The BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau also features the onsite Tiffany's cocktail lounge Serving a special food menu Friday and Saturday from 5:00-9:00 p.m. Guests staying at this California hotel will find themselves less than one mile from both Snow Summit and Bear Mountain Ski Resorts. The hotel also offers convenient access to outdoor activities such as hiking, golf, horseback riding, snowmobiling, fishing, sailing and skiing on Big Bear Lake. Less than ten miles away guests can also visit the Moonridge Zoo, Meadow Park and the Big Bear Convention Center. The BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau is ideal lodging for groups such as church camps, wedding parties or reunions taking place at Big Bear Lake. The city also hosts a variety of events including the Bear Country Fair, the Ride the Mountain Event, the International Chili Society Cook Off and the Big Bear Cowboy Gathering. The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Big Bear Chateau is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Big Bear Lake, California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Big Bear Chateau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Big Bear Chateau Hotel Big Bear Lake
- Best Western Big Bear Lake
- Big Bear Lake Best Western