“Will Definetely Book Again Next Year”
Review of Cozy Hollow Lodge

Cozy Hollow Lodge
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Will Definetely Book Again Next Year”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

It was my son (age 4) and I first time staying in Big Bear. I wanted the cabin experience, but not the secluded type where you have to travel far to go to the nearest market/store.

I'm aware of Big Bear having a lot of small cabins but I believe that I made a right choice staying at the Cozy Hollow Lodge. The Cabin is right off the main road, (meaning that you will hear cars driving by at night, so if that annoys you, then choose to stay somewhere else that's away from the main road). I've live in Los Angeles so noises a night especially cars, ambulances ( I heard 2 ambulances pass by during my stay there) does not bother me.

I stayed in one of the studio cabins. It was beyond cute on the outside especially when there's snow around it, and there was snow when I stayed there. My son had a blast, we had a mini snowball fight and built a snow man that sat next to our cabin.

The management was friendly at check in, it wasn't a hassle. They informed me that room service in done on request, which I prefer.

Inside the cabin was clean and it was exactly as described. A lot of cold air entered from the bathroom (I honestly don't know why? Could be that the pipes for the water or the tile absorbed so much of the cold where it passed through the inside. I kept the bathroom door so that cold air wouldn't spread.

FYI ladies... bring your own hair dryers, it's not a hotel where they supply you with soaps, shampoos and a hair dryers. I always bring my own items so I was happy that I remembered to bring my hairdryer.

I was happy to see that there was a heater inside the room and very happy to find out that it works. All cabins had various features or extras, and my cabin had a microwave and mini fridge which was just perfect for my son and I.

I would also recommend to bring your own blankets. I normally bring my own blankets (more of a comfort thing, makes me sleep better) and lodge does not supply you with extra blankets which is typically normal.

The Price to stay at the Cozy Hollow Lodges is well worth it, hotels that are near by cost the same or more for a small studio.

I would definitely stay here again next year. I would recommend this place especially to families with small children.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank thepnup
CHL14, Owner at Cozy Hollow Lodge, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
We Thank you for your review. We continue to look for ways to improve our guest relations. It is good to know about the hair dryers and blankets. We have hair dryers, curl irons, clothes irons & ironing board that can be checked out at the front desk. We also have and inventory of extra blankets, pillows that can be checked out during ones stay. We hope this helps enhance your next stay with Cozy Hollow Lodge.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our 1st anniversary and we couldn't have been happier. Yes, you need to bring your own shampoo/ conditioner and coffee/coffeemaker (we did not have kitchenette) but it exceeded our expectations as far as the price goes! They are VERY affordable! We can't afford much but we stayed here for a weekend with money to spend! The cabin was very comfortable (they got new mattresses!) and the environment great. We loved the location too! it is tucked behind trees but it's close enough to walk to all the shops and restaurants. Staff was very informative and helpful too (recommended local restaurants and showed us on the map)! You will not find better quality for better pricing!

Room Tip: We had cabin 11 and loved that it was right by the parking lot entrance but it was hidden enough tha...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NewlyWeds11710
california
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We chose this place based on reviews and the cabin exceeded our expectations by far! It was very clean and very cozy.Management was very helpful in finding things to do with our young child and we enjoyed our time very much! It felt like we were in our own secluded area without being too far from civilization ;-) We will definitely be staying here again! The cabin we chose was a studio cabin and it was perfect for us and our one year old!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We chose this place based on the other reviews and we were not disappointed. We were in #4 and it was nice. You can see the layout of the cabins on their website. It was a one room cabin with a nice bed, a clean bathroom, a fireplace, and a full kitchen. There are only a few cabins so the place is quiet and its a little bit down the road from the main village area which we also liked. We would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Check their website for a layout of the cabins.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer M
mufasa96
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Management (Peggy in particular) was very, very accommodating. Our cabin (#12) was perfect for me and my 5 year old son. He loved the cabin almost as much as Alpine Slide (which is right next door) mountain. Cabin was very clean and plenty spacious, but still "cozy", and equipped with everything we needed for our stay. Property absolutely beautiful in winter, blanketed with snow! We went in Feb 2011 and enjoyed it so much, went back a month later! Planning return trip for Feb. 2012.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mufasa96
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My boyfriend and I came here for a weekend ski trip and it was lovely! It was very cute and nice and quiet. You get your own individual cabin with a porch. There was a fireplace, mini fridge, and microwave in the room. The rooms are bigger than I expected. There was plenty of space for our skis and snowboards and all our snow gear without us feeling crowded. The location is also great! It's very close to the city and a supermarket, where we got sandwiches to take up to the mountain with us. It is also very close to the mountains as well.
I am definitely planning on staying here next time I go up to Big Bear.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed 1 March 2011

After seeing so many bad reviews about the customer service, I decided to write my own in defense of this cute little place!! I have stayed at Cozy Hollow at least 12 times in the past 12 years. EVERY time I have stayed here, I received wonderful customer service from these people. My room has always been clean and my heaters and hot water have worked just fine. The last time I stayed, Peggy the owner who checked me in actually upgraded my room at no cost because there was a screaming child in the room next to where my original room was supposed to be. I did NOT ask for this either- she offered because she cared. Thanks cozy hollow- I will continue to recommend you guys as I am a happy customer. :)

Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank rbpilates
CHL14, Owner at Cozy Hollow Lodge, responded to this review, 24 April 2011
First we want to thank you for your kind words. We strive to please every guest and appreciate when our return guests continue to be pleased with our service. We take our reviews very seriously and we are always open for improvement.